Alabama game uniform discussion (merged)

I'd like to float a crazy theory out there that the color of our pants in no way affects the way our team performs.

P.S. I like the strips, too.

How appropriate is it to have a Bammer troll( Got 12) on here and his freaking icon is an Alabama player committing an offensive penalty(illegal use of the hands to the face; grabbing the facemask). Nice posts sir. Glad you finally discovered a real message board. I have been to your Bama Nation and it looks like high schoolers first time using the computer. Unfortunately, probably true except for the age.

Anyone know what we're gonna be wearing? Orange pants or will we go with the all white traditional Fulmer look? I like the orange pants. Havent worn them at Alabama since 1991.

The stripes on the pants have never gone with our white jerseys, with black trim around the #'s.
They r ok with home jerseys, but the.solid white pants are much, much better. I really wish we would go back to that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How appropriate is it to have a Bammer troll( Got 12) on here and his freaking icon is an Alabama player committing an offensive penalty(illegal use of the hands to the face; grabbing the facemask). Nice posts sir. Glad you finally discovered a real message board. I have been to your Bama Nation and it looks like high schoolers first time using the computer. Unfortunately, probably true except for the age.

When have you EVER seen a ballcarrier get called for that? I agree that it isnt consistent, but it seems to be an 'unwritten rule' amongst the officials.

try this -> http://forums.tidesports.com/eve/forums/

thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, I'm sure the folks in the rest of the country are in an uproar about the color of a football jersey. Mal Moore is in his office with the blinds cord around his neck. The football team is so messed up about orange jerseys that can't even take the field for practice. As a matter of fact the trainers were all released for using an orange sports drink.

Would have been nice but not a big deal. Post is kinda funny, good use of sarcasm.

I am curious about something. The article reads, "Kiffin says his team isn't good enough for that." But, the statement is not in quotes. Did Kiffin really say that?

If so, I would expect it to be an act of genius if he has the Vols warm up in white and then comes out in orange.

However, if he said it and didn't have them play in orange, then I would have to say that would have to be the stupidest comment he has made to date.

30 yards? I think we can handle 30 yards, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Either way, can someone post a link to verify that Kiffin actually said this?

Got12 Tidesports was better I will give it to you, but just because it isn't called constantly does not make it any less of a penalty. Illegal hands to the face is a penalty, fact. What is your prediction of the score this weekend?

I am curious about something. The article reads, "Kiffin says his team isn't good enough for that." But, the statement is not in quotes. Did Kiffin really say that?

If so, I would expect it to be an act of genius if he has the Vols warm up in white and then comes out in orange.

However, if he said it and didn't have them play in orange, then I would have to say that would have to be the stupidest comment he has made to date.

30 yards? I think we can handle 30 yards, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Alabama denies UT request to wear orange jerseys GoVolsXtra

It's near the bottom of the article

...Kiffin said he's not willing for his team to take a 15-yard penalty after the opening kickoff to go against the Tide's wishes.

"We're not good enough to do that," he said. "The last thing we want to do is kick off 15 yards back."

Link -> Alabama denies Tennessee's orange jersey request The Commercial Appeal

...Kiffin said he's not willing for his team to take a 15-yard penalty after the opening kickoff to go against the Tide's wishes.

"We're not good enough to do that," he said. "The last thing we want to do is kick off 15 yards back."

Link -> Alabama denies Tennessee's orange jersey request The Commercial Appeal

Thanks for the link. Personally, I think our defense is good enough, but that's just me I guess.

I am hoping this is just another Kiffin word play. He seems to be good at that. We'll see on Sat. GO VOLS!

IF Kiffin said that, I would venture it was a distraction, why would you risk your teams confidence by saying they werent good enough for the penalty risk??

I mean if your coach dogs you what have you got??

Weve seen how determined he has been with Crompton in bolstering his confidence, why would you just piss it all away with a stupid comment. Its the same with his team, he will be determined to do what it takes to make them win.

It was diversion, meanwhile he went and told the guys in the locker room,

'look boys, I just made acomment I dont want you to take to heart, because were gonna do what the heck we want, and wear those orange jerseys and show those guys we dont care about their ranking and were gonna show them they can have fifteen extra yards cuz theyre gonna need it, now go out there and kill, kill, kill!!!!'

GO VOLS!

Got12 Tidesports was better I will give it to you, but just because it isn't called constantly does not make it any less of a penalty. Illegal hands to the face is a penalty, fact. What is your prediction of the score this weekend?

I have always thout that it was interesting that the officials are SO concerned about contact to the head... except if is from a ballcarrier. (see the beloved 'pie-face' move...)

Re: your question of my prediction... I fully expect it to be close and relatively low scoring. In betting terms UT and the UNDER.

Say... UA16-UT13

IF Kiffin said that, I would venture it was a distraction, why would you risk your teams confidence by saying they werent good enough for the penalty risk??

I mean if your coach dogs you what have you got??

Weve seen how determined he has been with Crompton in bolstering his confidence, why would you just piss it all away with a stupid comment. Its the same with his team, he will be determined to do what it takes to make them win.

It was diversion, meanwhile he went and told the guys in the locker room,

'look boys, I just made acomment I dont want you to take to heart, because were gonna do what the heck we want, and wear those orange jerseys and show those guys we dont care about their ranking and were gonna show them they can have fifteen extra yards cuz theyre gonna need it, now go out there and kill, kill, kill!!!!'

GO VOLS!

That's what I am banking on.

The SEC Should Lead The Way On Dark Jersey Issue | MrSEC.com

Good points and a nice read.

Unfortunately, the Kiffin factor has clouded the real issue — that no one you know still has a B&W television and therefore there’s no reason on God’s green earth (the earth ain’t black-and-white, either) for schools to still wear white jerseys on the road.

"Coach Moore asked me about it and I told him, ‘Look, Mal, it’s your call. It doesn’t bother me. As long as we wear our traditional thing, I’m not worried about the other team and what they wear.’ … I have never, anywhere I’ve ever been, had anything to do with uniforms. I know some guys go places and they have gold jerseys or the team has always worn white or whatever and they change this and that. I’m not into that. Maybe I ought to be, but I’m not. Terry (his wife) picks out my clothes. I can’t go shopping. I don’t like to shop. I don’t buy anything for myself. Maybe that’s part of it.”

I thought this was hilarious for some reason.

VN Store

Back