Alabama game uniform discussion (merged)

No one is questioning Bama's right to deny the request, the question is "why". Mal Moore has done an amazing thing, despite Bama being #2 in the country, they are the butt of jokes across the country.

And that is a MAJOR problem with our country today. One has the right to make a decision... as long as it is the decision that everyone else wants you to make.

healthcare, marriage, kids, religion, etc.

Can't we just play the damn game?

No one is questioning Bama's right to deny the request, the question is "why". Mal Moore has done an amazing thing, despite Bama being #2 in the country, they are the butt of jokes across the country.

Yes, I'm sure the folks in the rest of the country are in an uproar about the color of a football jersey. Mal Moore is in his office with the blinds cord around his neck. The football team is so messed up about orange jerseys that can't even take the field for practice. As a matter of fact the trainers were all released for using an orange sports drink.

And that is a MAJOR problem with our country today. One has the right to make a decision... as long as it is the decision that everyone else wants you to make.
is this some of what they teach in the social sciences dept at AL?

I can't remember the last time we won a game in orange pants, dating back to the 2007 SEC CG.

1999 UT homecoming against Memphis. I was there. Those pants looked horrible though. The new orange pants look much better.

Yes, I'm sure the folks in the rest of the country are in an uproar about the color of a football jersey. Mal Moore is in his office with the blinds cord around his neck. The football team is so messed up about orange jerseys that can't even take the field for practice. As a matter of fact the trainers were all released for using an orange sports drink.

that's what I figured, thanks for confirming

what country do you live in? It must suck

The rule was altered after the UCLA USC game last year. The rule now says it is fine for both teams to wear home jerseys if it is approved by the conference and both schools. UT asked, SEC approved, Bama said no this year. The alteration also changed the penalty for wearing home jerseys if both sides don't agree. Last year it was a loss of a time out, but this year it would be actual yardage penalties enforced on kickoffs. Kiffin said UT isn't good enough to take those penalties on special teams, and thus UT will be wearing white.

This is the best news to come out of this entire issue.

Nobody cares about the jerseys but the fans. I wish Moore had said yes. I have seen photos of the teams with Al in crimson and Tn in orange. When did it change? and why?

It's a simple gesture to honor the tradition of the rivalry, as well as promote the game in a cool way for both teams. But, if you don't want it, you don't want it. Just find it funny from a school that seems to always live in the past, this should have been right up their alley. I guess Golden Flake wouldn't go along with the idea...normally an action like this would have been worth a national championship to them.

Nobody cares about the jerseys but the fans. I wish Moore had said yes. I have seen photos of the teams with Al in crimson and Tn in orange. When did it change? and why?

When did it change, and why...it's already been stated, it was for a contrast on B&W TV...long ago...where Bama seems to be stuck!

Thought a visual would be nice for everyone

Attachments

• hardestywhite.jpg
    hardestywhite.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4
  • hardestyorange.jpg
    hardestyorange.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 86
I personally like the orange pants with the white jerseys.

Me too! White on white was another reason to dislike PF!! The orange pants are not only classic, but IMO one of the most distinct uniforms in all of football.

How ' bout that 1991 win in South Bend????
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
I've always liked the white/white much more than the orange pants. But if we are going to sport the orange pants, I wish we would take those ugly stripes off of them. The solid orange pants with the power "T" on the hip is much better.

I think the orange pants make us look slow.

South Bend 1991 was the last big game victory, there were plenty of great games before that.

VN Store

Back