'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

He could want to get out of his shadow like Riley Ridley. I'm sure they have a relationship with Pruitt also. Maybe we can pull it off.

Watched him play Oak Mt. last year. Kid is very good. Didn't know much about him at the time and thought he was by far the best high school QB I had ever seen in person. Felt like he could score at any time - feet or throwing.

I approve of us offering him. 😁

I was at that game...first play of the game he threw about a 50 yard pass for a TD and I knew he was really good

I wish this would happen but if you know the actual story... Alabama moved his whole family here for tua to go to Alabama and they placed them in alabaster because it's around an hour to Tuscaloosa so they go back and forth to see tua... so his brother will be there all the time so not a good shot in my opinion unless he really just doesn't want to go there!!!!

Have you heard of Paul Tyson(Bear Bryant Grandson) at Hewitt? Do you think Bama will take both of them? Or do you think one will pick another school? Both have Bama offers and Tyson has more offers at this point I want to say.

I wish this would happen but if you know the actual story... Alabama moved his whole family here for tua to go to Alabama and they placed them in alabaster because it's around an hour to Tuscaloosa so they go back and forth to see tua... so his brother will be there all the time so not a good shot in my opinion unless he really just doesn't want to go there!!!!

Well this is false...trust me I know

Have you heard of Paul Tyson(Bear Bryant Grandson) at Hewitt? Do you think Bama will take both of them? Or do you think one will pick another school? Both have Bama offers and Tyson has more offers at this point I want to say.

I don't think Bama takes both....be interesting to see how it plays out

RB is nice for them for sure. WRs have good size on them. He’s the real deal and Tennessee needs to go all in on him. Bama is almost certain to take Paul Tyson(Bear Bryant grandson).

That makes sense. Pruitt likely knows this could happen and putting his work in now. Who knows if his brother would even want to follow his brother potential legacy anyway. It's one thing to follow a few yrs after but a bit different being immediately after at that position if high profile

That makes sense. Pruitt likely knows this could happen and putting his work in now. Who knows if his brother would even want to follow his brother potential legacy anyway. It's one thing to follow a few yrs after but a bit different being immediately after at that position if high profile

What about potential sibling rivalry here. Would be interesting to see two brothers that are quarterbacks on opposite teams (Vols & Bama) playing against one another in a couple years. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Two things to look at regarding if they will take both: Jones or Hurts transfer or they dont take one in this class

Pruitt will have the younger brother and family moved near Knoxville for his senior season and get the dad a job. Living in East Tennessee better than living in Alabama. Problem solved.

I never understood him ending up at Thompson till I looked at their staff. HC Mark Freeman is a Bammer Alum and Thompson made him one of the highest paid HC Coach's in Ala when they hired him a couple yrs ago. He makes 121K a year. Tim Castille played at Ala and was a GA under Saban is on staff at Thompson and they have a few others who are also Bammer Alums. They are building a new HS because the old one is so outdated and wasn't the nicest HS around. Alabaster isn't near as nice as a lot of the surrounding cities in Shelby like Helena, Calera and Chelsea. Not to mention they aren't exactly an elite HS Football team or known for winning much. This last year was their best in a long time but did benefit from Pelham, Vestavia and Spain Park having down years.Even Hoover had 3 losses, which is very rare. They also hired a former a Belichic(SP) player to their coaching staff as well who we all know is very close to Saban. Alabaster is more affordable than a lot of the areas surrounding them. Thompson has never been a pipeline to send recruits to Ala either.Will be curious to see if it becomes a trend now. If I was Ala and placing a recruit and his family somewhere Thompson and Alabaster wouldn't be at the very top of the list. It's affordable, convenient to just about everything, has low property taxes, in one of the most strick law and crime counties around, has a small town feel like pretty much every city in Shelby Co, is opening a new HS soon. Alabaster incorporated into their own city school system but they are still in Shelby which has one of the best school systems and a low crime area. I've lived in Helena for 20+ years and it's amazing how much this area and county has grown. I couldn't ask for a better area to raise a child and for him to go to school. I am curious as how they can pay their HC 121k plus the really good assistant's who atleast 3 are former NFL players. Alabaster has a moderate average income per household at 61k compared to 85K in Helena and even higher in Hoover, Vestavia and Mtn Brook. And Alabaster pays their HC more than the higher income areas. Throw in Thompson rarely having good football teams it is a head scratcher.

I never understood him ending up at Thompson till I looked at their staff. HC Mark Freeman is a Bammer Alum and Thompson made him one of the highest paid HC Coach's in Ala when they hired him a couple yrs ago. He makes 121K a year. Tim Castille played at Ala and was a GA under Saban is on staff at Thompson and they have a few others who are also Bammer Alums. They are building a new HS because the old one is so outdated and wasn't the nicest HS around. Alabaster isn't near as nice as a lot of the surrounding cities in Shelby like Helena, Calera and Chelsea. Not to mention they aren't exactly an elite HS Football team or known for winning much. This last year was their best in a long time but did benefit from Pelham, Vestavia and Spain Park having down years.Even Hoover had 3 losses, which is very rare. They also hired a former a Belichic(SP) player to their coaching staff as well who we all know is very close to Saban. Alabaster is more affordable than a lot of the areas surrounding them. Thompson has never been a pipeline to send recruits to Ala either.Will be curious to see if it becomes a trend now. If I was Ala and placing a recruit and his family somewhere Thompson and Alabaster wouldn't be at the very top of the list. It's affordable, convenient to just about everything, has low property taxes, in one of the most strick law and crime counties around, has a small town feel like pretty much every city in Shelby Co, is opening a new HS soon. Alabaster incorporated into their own city school system but they are still in Shelby which has one of the best school systems and a low crime area. I've lived in Helena for 20+ years and it's amazing how much this area and county has grown. I couldn't ask for a better area to raise a child and for him to go to school. I am curious as how they can pay their HC 121k plus the really good assistant's who atleast 3 are former NFL players. Alabaster has a moderate average income per household at 61k compared to 85K in Helena and even higher in Hoover, Vestavia and Mtn Brook. And Alabaster pays their HC more than the higher income areas. Throw in Thompson rarely having good football teams it is a head scratcher.

Amazing things happen when you separate from a county school system and the money stays in your own school system....hence why they're able to pay the salaries they're able to pay...look at how much Pelham pays their head coach...you break away and you're able to pay whatever salaries you want you're not capped to say the least

Also, keep in mind guys that Tua and Taulia went to two different high schools...and nearly battled it out for a state title against each other Taulia lost in the semi-finals while Tua won his semi-final game....so saying that he is going to bama is crazy talk

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back