'19 AL QB Taulia Tagovailoa

Young Tagovailoa, and the kid from NC. Good to see the staff is focusing on getting good QBs and not limiting themselves to only going after prototypical-sized QBs because we run a pro-style based offense

Given the last name and the fact his family moved to alabama with their son im guessing he is related to Tua? If that's the case we have no chance at the kid given the facts I spelled out at the start. Plus is this kid even good?

Also Remember Tua has played exactly one half of meaningful college football. He did make a great throw at the end (1/3 him 1/3 WR 1/3 terrible coverage)but made an epically boneheaded choice before (all him). UGA was in cover 2 because they game planned for Hurts (lack of arm). No Other way that TD happens.

Cover 2 was the right coverage that should have stopped the deep sidelines pass. The safeties are supposed to drift out to prevent that. It only worked because tua did a great job of looking that safety off and trusting the receiver to be open so he could turn and throw on time. It also helped that he threw the perfect ball.

Reactions: 2 people
Cover 2 was the right coverage that should have stopped the deep sidelines pass. The safeties are supposed to drift out to prevent that. It only worked because tua did a great job of looking that safety off and trusting the receiver to be open so he could turn and throw on time. It also helped that he threw the perfect ball.

Is it fair to call that the most clutch throw in CFB history? I can’t think of a better one.

Is it fair to call that the most clutch throw in CFB history? I can’t think of a better one.

It's up there. I mean he seems to read the coverage right which should have told him not to throw there. But the play after he made a horrible mistake taking that sack, he had the stones to try to pull it off and the wherewithal to move that safety out of the way so he could. And the arm talent to throw a perfect deep ball. A true freshman doesn't often do that. Especially in overtime on the last play of a championship game. I'd love to hate it because bama, but man that was incredible.

Not tall enough for Pro Set QB.

just ask Drew Brees and Russell Wilson.

Wow, just tied high school QB to Pros - yeah, I overreached.

Reactions: 3 people
Cooper was a wide receiver so it would be hard for him to ever make the impact his brothers did.

In a way, Cooper’s absence benefited Tennessee enormously. The possibility of resurrecting the Manning-to-Manning passing combination on the collegiate level disappeared, however, with Cooper’s diagnosis of spinal stenosis. Peyton previously stated that he may very well have gone to Ole Miss if he still could look forward to the opportunity of playing pitch-and-catch with his older brother. Cooper’s forced retirement enabled Peyton to broaden his collegiate recruiting horizons and Tennessee reaped the benefits of that quirk of fate.

You always have ignorant people on here attempting to throw shade at the kids accomplishment in that game
Sure the media overhypes anything. But honestly that was a phenomenal performance by a TRUE freshman to come back against a top 5 defense nationally on the biggest stage possible. Unbelievable if you ask me.

Oh, and that perfect TD to win the natty ... The guy looked off the cover 2 safety until the exact last moment and then threw a 40yd bomb and the receiver never broke stride.:eek:hmy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
As a Thompson alum.. I've watched him play. But I can't honestly say if he's better than his brother. He is good though

Given the last name and the fact his family moved to alabama with their son im guessing he is related to Tua? If that's the case we have no chance at the kid given the facts I spelled out at the start. Plus is this kid even good?

Also Remember Tua has played exactly one half of meaningful college football. He did make a great throw at the end (1/3 him 1/3 WR 1/3 terrible coverage)but made an epically boneheaded choice before (all him). UGA was in cover 2 because they game planned for Hurts (lack of arm). No Other way that TD happens.

Are you awake?

Good grief!

💩💩💩☠️☠️☠️🙄🙄🙄

If the only meaningful playing time is a national championship game, a lot of players havent had meaningful time then. He played in several games, while it was in clean up duty any game reps for a young qb are extremely valuable.

While I won't say cover 2 was the right coverage, (2nd and long and trying to hold them to a fg attempt I'm in cover three or four) the way he looked off the defender was something you simply can't teach. That particular play doesn't work against any coverage unless he looks off the safety, and he pulled it off like he was Brett Favre.

Kid is better than his brother if you ask me...I stand on the field Friday nights while he plays..He plays for my hometown team....Those WR's are not bad either and RBs

Junior Highlights - Taulia Tagovailoa highlights - Hudl

RB is nice for them for sure. WRs have good size on them. He’s the real deal and Tennessee needs to go all in on him. Bama is almost certain to take Paul Tyson(Bear Bryant grandson).

What about the 3rd down run in the 3rd quarter? Guess you didn’t see him reverse field right? Kid is a star and can throw the ball from all kinds of launch points moving.

Given the facts, Bear Bryant’s grandson has a Bama offer and is a highly touted QB as well in the 2019 class. There’s a real chance here if he wants to be the only QB in a class. Bo Nix just committed to Auburn and he’s in the Bham area as well.

As a Thompson alum.. I've watched him play. But I can't honestly say if he's better than his brother. He is good though

You live in alabaster? What year did you graduate from Thompson.... I went to Thompson but graduated from Kingwood

I wish this would happen but if you know the actual story... Alabama moved his whole family here for tua to go to Alabama and they placed them in alabaster because it's around an hour to Tuscaloosa so they go back and forth to see tua... so his brother will be there all the time so not a good shot in my opinion unless he really just doesn't want to go there!!!!

Watched him play Oak Mt. last year. Kid is very good. Didn't know much about him at the time and thought he was by far the best high school QB I had ever seen in person. Felt like he could score at any time - feet or throwing.

I approve of us offering him. 😁

Yeah man, we are recruiting the younger one! Any analysis of his brothers National Championship performance is completely irrelevant

VN Store

Back