'19 AL QB Cornelious Brown

If you want to believe and it helps you sleep at night so be it. But when Saban does retire, unless our program takes a nose dive under Saban, we will still have one of the best rosters in the country and pretty much pick at who we want to coach. So overall the program has a lot of stability unlike LSU who is so up and down.

Saben will eventually leave and the tide will fall. It's the natural order of things. To think otherwise is living in denial.

That doesn't equate to a really good coach wanting to walk in behind Saban and try and keep that pace up either. I hope he walks out on top for that reason. If you do luck up and hire a good one "he'll never be Saban" and will be gone pretty quick even if he does a good job there.

Saban could have done what he did at several places across the country. The ignorant side of your fanbase will never understand that. I think it will sink in a little more after he is gone.

Couldn't agree more.

Reactions: 1 person
Saben will eventually leave and the tide will fall. It's the natural order of things. To think otherwise is living in denial.

And "fall" has different levels.

He's on a run right now that even their fanbase doesn't understand. The next guy could win 10 games 5 years srtaight and he would be considered a failure if he didn't win 2 or 3 championships in that stretch. So while that's a step or 2 back it's not the same "fall" for everyone.

Ray Perkins was ran out of Tuscaloosa after four years. No program is the same after the exit of a legend.

I think the key think to remember with Taulia is going to put him in the best place to be successful. LSU has no stability within that program with their current HC possibly being on the hot seat.

I agree and would have posted the same thing , you just catch heat for being a bubba . Lol

I enjoy hearing info from the dark side I haven’t seen you troll hard at all just some banter like i would do if we went to a Bama site . I don’t but meh to each his own .

And "fall" has different levels.

He's on a run right now that even their fanbase doesn't understand. The next guy could win 10 games 5 years srtaight and he would be considered a failure if he didn't win 2 or 3 championships in that stretch. So while that's a step or 2 back it's not the same "fall" for everyone.

I see them taking a similar path as LSU post Saben. Which compared to our current state isn't bad but much of Tide "faithful" will jump ship to the next hot team. Recruiting will take hit and elite status will fade to mediocrity.

I see them taking a similar path as LSU post Saben. Which compared to our current state isn't bad but much of Tide "faithful" will jump ship to the next hot team. Recruiting will take hit and elite status will fade to mediocrity.

Comparing to UA to LSU is like comparing UT to USC. LSU really was not a premium program prior to Saban being there. Just like Spurrier when he arrived at USC. Just saying.

Could. All tho LSU post Saban (short run) was actually pretty good.

IMO Bama won't hire "whoever they want" post Saban. That doesn't mean they hire a Dooley or Jones, but I could see the elite guys wanting to see some distance between them and a legend that has set a new bar.

Maybe he can come back and clean the bird crap off of his statue after he retires.

m-8039.jpg

Comparing to UA to LSU is like comparing UT to USC. LSU really was not a premium program prior to Saban being there. Just like Spurrier when he arrived at USC. Just saying.

Not quite, they actually are setup better, they have or had tons of money AND they are within walking distance of great recruits, thankfully their people in charge are pretty much just like the failures we have at UT with a bunch of bumbling and fumbling! Hopefully UT finally has that figured out although we just have no clue yet, but leadership at both LSU and UT and even USC to a point has stunk the place up while Bama actually had some people with sense that could see the woods through the tree's! USC has ton's of tradition and a recruiting base, they just cant hire the right coach, same with LSU, but if Clappy Clap stays at Clemson instead of Bama they could fall very far for who they hire!

Spurrier turned Florida into a premium program as well.

Not quite, they actually are setup better, they have or had tons of money AND they are within walking distance of great recruits, thankfully their people in charge are pretty much just like the failures we have at UT with a bunch of bumbling and fumbling! Hopefully UT finally has that figured out although we just have no clue yet, but leadership at both LSU and UT and even USC to a point has stunk the place up while Bama actually had some people with sense that could see the woods through the tree's! USC has ton's of tradition and a recruiting base, they just cant hire the right coach, same with LSU, but if Clappy Clap stays at Clemson instead of Bama they could fall very far for who they hire!

I am confused here. Are you saying South Carolina has a lot of tradition and large recruiting base? CU does just as well if not better than USC. In NC when UT is near the top probably recruits better then anyone in NC.

Brown’s workout is complete. One source on hand said it couldn’t have gone much better, like 90-plus % completions with Pruitt and multiple assistance there the whole time. The group is eating lunch now and is to meet in the head coach’s office immediately after.

If the offer goes out, watch out.

-John Garcia, 247

Reactions: 10 people
With this guy...

That is now FOUR SEC QBs...from the state of Alabama alone...

That's crazy!

Guessing we didn't offer here since nothing came out. He was back at Bama yesterday. Starting to feel like we flip tuas brother and this kid goes to Bama

Update from John Garcia on 247...

I'm told the two sides have connected, finally. Everything on the QBs side was validated on tape, I'm told. I also think Pruitt and company are aware that Brown would probably vault the Vols to the top of the list should an offer come down, so I sense some gamesmanship here as for the delay.

It remains fluid but it looks like any action will be taken into the week.

He's basically saying that if UT offered, Brown would commit right away so Pruitt has to make sure he's ready to take his commitment before offering.

Reactions: 5 people
Some serious QB chess being played right now. Brown goes where Tualia doesn't. Be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back