'19 AL QB Cornelious Brown

According to that poster the UA coaches were very impressed with this kid.

Also according to that poster his team mate wants to play with him in college. 5 star DT Jayson Jones who is in the class of 2020 and was on the visit at UA. Maybe Pruitt pulls the trigger to help get Jones who most believe right now will end up at UA.

Jayson Jones, Calera, Defensive Tackle
Does Calera play against good competition?

Provided UT offers Cornelious, where does he fit on our QB board? I'd have to imagine there are several QBs higher on the pecking order. If we offer this weekend, I can't see how it would be commitable at this time.

I've read it somewhere in the last week. Maybe the Taulia thread.

Now to be clear, the rumor was only of possible interest in Tennessee and LSU, not an impending commitment to LSU.

I read both teams mentioned as possible interests of he were to flip.

Last edited:

He’s been quoted as wanting to OV to LSU. I’ve seen nothing regarding any feelings about LSU whatsoever the way he’s talked about UT. I find that statement very surprising.

He’s been quoted as wanting to OV to LSU. I’ve seen nothing regarding any feelings about LSU whatsoever the way he’s talked about UT. I find that statement very surprising.

I find the certainty of it surprising, but as you said, I don't find the interest surprising. That info has been out there.

Now to be clear, the rumor was only of possible interest in Tennessee and LSU, not an impending commitment to LSU.

I read both teams mentioned as possible interests of he were to flip.

Correct. Haven't read anything about him flipping to LSU but Callahan's latest article did say UT and LSU were the two schools he was looking at besides Bama. And planned to visit both.

Good question. Another good question is why would anyone (not from Louisiana) with the options TT has, cast their lot with Orgeron right now?

Unless you're a redbull afficionado, I can't think of any reason why a sane person would throw their hat behind Coach O.

This was posted on another board so take it for what it is worth

Hello, I’m Quads GodDad. His offer is contingent on either a transfer, which is likely, or a flip, which sounded like was likely as well. Quad is also heading to UT this weekend to throw for the Vols. At this point, he has Vandy as his top team, with Tennessee/Bama second should he get the UT offer this weekend.

Part of this will be timing with him. Quad desires to have this wrapped up prior to the season, so he can focus on his Senior year.

That would mean, a domino would need to drop at Bama prior to then and a UT offer happen prior to then for him not to go to Vandy. He is no longer interested in any other program regardless of offer.

He is zeroed in on those 3 programs only.

Then he posted this on a LSU board responding in a thread on their board:

Also I have reason to believe that Tualia ends up at LSU

How would this player's god father know where Tualia is going? Not doubting you read it, but highly doubtful of its veracity.

Reactions: 1 person
How would this player's god father know where Tualia is going? Not doubting you read it, but highly doubtful of its veracity.

Maybe just rumors floating around in the instate circles. I am sure families get to know each other and they try and see where other kids are looking if they play the same position as their child.

I think his statement about one of our current commits maybe flipping later down the road along when he was at our campus with Tualia statements about OVs including LSU. But I also remember LSU thinking there were going to flip Tua as well.

I think the key think to remember with Taulia is going to put him in the best place to be successful. LSU has no stability within that program with their current HC possibly being on the hot seat.

Says the guy who's team's head coach is well within his retirement window!

Says the guy who's team's head coach is well within his retirement window!

If you want to believe and it helps you sleep at night so be it. But when Saban does retire, unless our program takes a nose dive under Saban, we will still have one of the best rosters in the country and pretty much pick at who we want to coach. So overall the program has a lot of stability unlike LSU who is so up and down.

If you want to believe and it helps you sleep at night so be it. But when Saban does retire, unless our program takes a nose dive under Saban, we will still have one of the best rosters in the country and pretty much pick at who we want to coach. So overall the program has a lot of stability unlike LSU who is so up and down.

Will have to see about that. In 1983 Ray Perkins thought that kids wanted to play for Alabama when he soon realized that kids just wanted to play for the Bear.

Reactions: 1 person
Will have to see about that. In 1983 Ray Perkins thought that kids wanted to play for Alabama when he soon realized that kids just wanted to play for the Bear.

You never know but kids seem to want to play for a winning program. Saban was not at the top while at MSU and nor was he burning the recruiting trail up there as well.

UA like UT as well as a few other programs in the SEC bring a lot of tradition to the table that when the program is on top it recruits itself.

That doesn't equate to a really good coach wanting to walk in behind Saban and try and keep that pace up either. I hope he walks out on top for that reason. If you do luck up and hire a good one "he'll never be Saban" and will be gone pretty quick even if he does a good job there.

Saban could have done what he did at several places across the country. The ignorant side of your fanbase will never understand that. I think it will sink in a little more after he is gone.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back