'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

Auburn spent a lot on their last two five star flips and will be spending a lot on Franklin if they land him. The money isn’t infinite

Agree-- I'd be shocked and very concerned if AU has a bigger NIL fund that TN at this point... If they throw the bank at Franklin, then I think everyone will start to smell some low level BS if they continue to come up with the big funds...

Auburn spent a lot on their last two five star flips and will be spending a lot on Franklin if they land him. The money isn’t infinite
Correct. However, he is rated the best player in AL as of now. I figured the optics of landing him and his perceived abilities would make him a priority for Auburn

I looked up the past 10 years and the top player in the state has gone to Alabama or Auburn nine out of 10 times with the exception being Pickens. Alabama tends to keep their talent in state, which is why I think it is odd that neither team is heavily pursuing him.

Last edited:
Agree-- I'd be shocked and very concerned if AU has a bigger NIL fund that TN at this point... If they throw the bank at Franklin, then I think everyone will start to smell some low level BS if they continue to come up with the big funds...

Auburn has “yeller wood” money. I think their boosters have a big war chest for Freeze to rebuild their roster. I don’t expect it will be the same every year.

So Freeze is gonna get Ross and Franklin????
Tea leaves are sure blowing that way. Does this Auburn class feel eerily similar to the Robert Nkemdiche class that was ultimately his demise? Instant gratification will yet again be Freeze and Auburn's demise. Just my thoughts over the long haul. Ole miss was a flash in the pan and beat Bama twice but never have done anything since. I think we have the Coach that could stay here as long as he wants because of his combination of coaching and being a genuinely good person. Rev Freeze and the Barn will fade and or implode in the near future.

Reactions: hooter vol
our dline haul, is less than impressive thus far.
I thought that if we took Coach RG from the Barn they would stop reloading on the defensive front but I guess its just always a thing at Auburn. It used to be a thing at Tennessee. Big John, Albert, Will, Leonard, Reginald...... We have had a few players drafted here or there but overall our D lines have been pushed around more seasons than not since 2007

I thought that if we took Coach RG from the Barn they would stop reloading on the defensive front but I guess its just always a thing at Auburn. It used to be a thing at Tennessee. Big John, Albert, Will, Leonard, Reginald...... We have had a few players drafted here or there but overall our D lines have been pushed around more seasons than not since 2007
i mean we just need to grab a couple these guys we're in on

Two classes ago we didn’t have West or Pierce yet at this time.

Last year we didn’t have Hobbs yet and Weathersby was still a low 3*.

Let our guys cook, Coach G knows all that matters is what it looks like after signing day.
there ya go.

we have two committed. i'm guessing nwaneri and kid from ga possibly. and a transfer.

i mean we just need to grab a couple these guys we're in on
I agree to an extent but we need to stack multiple classes with eilite D lineman still to become elite regardless of who rotates in. We seem to have a few good starters but when they need a blow then we get gashed. It takes a true 2 or 3 deep at each line position to get back to where we used to be on the defensive front. We are now in on the recruits to be elite again. If we land some of these guys for few years straight.... Now were cooking.....

Two classes ago we didn’t have West or Pierce yet at this time.

Last year we didn’t have Hobbs yet and Weathersby was still a low 3*.

Let our guys cook, Coach G knows all that matters is what it looks like after signing day.

This! I agree. I am saying if you let Coach G do his things with the likes of the kids were in on now..... Look out. I trust this coaching staff whole heartedly. They just havent had the sharpest knives in the drawer to cut with yet.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Jordan Ross is one we continue to watch. He has teased an announcement, but nothing has come to fruition yet. Tennessee continues to hold a good position in this one, but the longer it goes, the more unpredictable it gets, especially with EDGE boards across the country resetting as other prospects continue to make their decisions.
-VQ

Auburn has a lot of big money donors, like most SEC and other power 5 schools do. One donor recently gave 57 mill by himself and he's worth Billions. NIL money won't ever be a problem for the Vols, for Auburn, For GA, Mizzou etc..

Auburn has a lot of big money donors, like most SEC and other power 5 schools do. One donor recently gave 57 mill by himself and he's worth Billions. NIL money won't ever be a problem for the Vols, for Auburn, For GA, Mizzou etc..
Mizzou is not like the others. Especially when it comes to football.

Kirby ain’t the best X and O guy but boy does he know how to motivate his team… he brainwashes them into believing ppl doubt them lol and almost every big game they have had in the past 3 seasons they come out ready to play… another thing we have to find a way to do is match the physicality they play with on all 3 levels Kirby still let’s his guys tackle to the ground 1 day a week during the season and it’s risky but does show up on game day because they are assignment sound and rarely miss tackles… I think we have a really good shot in neyland but we will have to take it from a physical stand point it won’t be easy. Another advantage they have this season particularly is they can prepare for us a little bit all season without much fear of losing because we seem to be their only tough game this season so they will be the most prepped team for our offense we see all year once again… I’m very excited for that one I know neyland might break a record if we have 1 or fewer losses going into that game.
Kirby is a recruiter and a motivator. If someone has equal or better talent then he folds.

Our coaches are making the decisions, not spire. If you overpay for a player, the other players need to understand why. Everyone wants their fair share. Overspending for a quarterback can be justified. Certain positions or situations can be justified. Otherwise you have to raise the NIL across the position group everytime you overpay for a player within that group. Locker rooms have become like our offices. Everyone knows who is getting what. If someone does not think they are treated fairly, they transfer out or cause problems that Banks did last year. Tough "new" job for our coaches. That's why they are paid the big bucks.

By the time the season is over, Okoye will be similarly rated to Ross. I would love to have Ross but he isn't a need.

You can never have enough pass rushers.

QB, OT, pass rusher are the three most important positions in football.

Our leading pass rusher had 7.5 sacks last year and while we have a number of young guys with upside, no one can say definitively who is ready to step up. We need to keep stacking dudes at the position.

So yeah, I’d say Jordan Ross is a need.

By the time the season is over, Okoye will be similarly rated to Ross. I would love to have Ross but he isn't a need.

I agree they’ll be similarly rated, but they bring different things to the table. Ross is more of a true LEO. Okoye is a LEO who could also grow into a SDE. Both would be great gets.

You can never have enough pass rushers.

QB, OT, pass rusher are the three most important positions in football.

Our leading pass rusher had 7.5 sacks last year and while we have a number of young guys with upside, no one can say definitively who is ready to step up. We need to keep stacking dudes at the position.

So yeah, I’d say Jordan Ross is a need.
A kid who is presumably chasing NIL, who could be a bust, and seems wishy-washy is not in need. We got a guy like Pearce who blew up at the end of the year. If we don't get him, we'll be fine. RG hasn't let me down yet.

VN Store

Back