'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

It’s all fun and games when they’re stealing Bama and Georgia’s lunch money. I remember this board’s meltdowns over Jay Hardy, Derrick Brown, Owen Pappoe, Kyle Davis, Carl Lawson, etc
I thought auburn stopped going after him a while ago… at least that’s what I remember seeing

It’s all fun and games when they’re stealing Bama and Georgia’s lunch money. I remember this board’s meltdowns over Jay Hardy, Derrick Brown, Owen Pappoe, Kyle Davis, Carl Lawson, etc
Didn’t stress too much then and won’t now. Theyre 17/18 year olds. Investing too much emotionally in their decision is silly.

Recruiting is fun to follow, but the only important thing is getting a class full of talented players. It looks like we’re on track for that regardless of Ross’ decision.

Didn’t stress too much then and won’t now. Theyre 17/18 year olds. Investing too much emotionally in their decision is silly.

Recruiting is fun to follow, but the only important thing is getting a class full of talented players. It looks like we’re on track for that regardless of Ross’ decision.

This is the right approach to take. I know this board enjoys recruiting nuggets, so thought I would drop one. This board also turns sour quick if it's news they don't like. I know Ross is a 5* by some sites, which probably makes him higher on the fans' board than the staff's

Another players seemingly getting close to a decision is Jordan Ross. Let’s face it, he has been all over the map so we will probably have to see him announce a date to feel like it’s real. Several schools have seemingly backed off and went in other directions including Florida and Georgia.
Alabama has never made a real move on him and Auburn has been slow to engage. LSU is someone you hear associated with Ross along with the Vols. The sooner he pulls the trigger the better Tennessee’s chances. Auburn is one that could come back around later much like they did with Sylvester Smith last season.
-VQ

What is causing schools to back off? Just him being kind of mercurial or something else?

AP said Ross is all over the map
He'll what 17-18 year old kid isn't these days?You toss in a few bags of money &
*I say this with the utmost respect" i pray he has some good folks around him.Im also curious why if true schools have stopped pursuing him (Bama and Auburn)specifically or just lost interest?Ehh maybe the kid just loves him some Vols but after what our boy just commented about him makes u wonder what's up?

Reactions: V_O_L_S
He'll what 17-18 year old kid isn't these days?You toss in a few bags of money &
*I say this with the utmost respect" i pray he has some good folks around him.Im also curious why if true schools have stopped pursuing him (Bama and Auburn)specifically or just lost interest?Ehh maybe the kid just loves him some Vols but after what our boy just commented about him makes u wonder what's up?
He's just not that good, imo.
We already have Lindstrom who is better than him.

Auburn needs players more than us and they're slow to engage.

Bama really going to let this supposed 5 star out of state without ANY fight?

Reactions: Dansky
What is causing schools to back off? Just him being kind of mercurial or something else?
yeah its weird. Sounds like something is off with him, which is strange that we are still in it. Maybe he is just silent to us, and other schools are picking up on it.

Could be grades, could be personal issues, could be too much focus on NIL, could be wanting a promise for starts, could be position depth.
heck, maybe its one of those super weird cases of the guy being too straight laced and doesn't like too many rough edges, like that one TE who left after he heard Butch Jones curse.
could be any number of things.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Think he’s been making 5* demands and teams don’t view him as a 5* is the easiest way to frame it. We’ve been consistent in our approach but always willing to let him leave if someone met his outlandish expectations. He’s obviously learned those won’t be met (unless Auburn circles back and is in need later) so will likely go to the school he’s always liked best.

Makes you wonder if a commitment from this kid would mean anything.

I'll say it again-im perplexed that neither in-state school is recruiting him. I get Alabama not wanting to overspend but I figured Auburn would have no problem with it.
Auburn spent a lot on their last two five star flips and will be spending a lot on Franklin if they land him. The money isn’t infinite

Reactions: volinbama256

VN Store

Back