'24 AL EDGE Jordan Ross (Tennessee)

Siap, he said he talked to him a few days ago.
AP’s info was from the NIL Event in Nashville. Ross stated that the depth chart was more appealing at Florida. Since then he has told Wiltfong that Tennessee is the team to beat. I assume Florida getting another top edge in the class played a part in his change of mind

AP’s info was from the NIL Event in Nashville. Ross stated that the depth chart was more appealing at Florida. Since then he has told Wiltfong that Tennessee is the team to beat. I assume Florida getting another top edge in the class played a part in his change of mind
With fountain going to usc, it appears ross is a bigger priority

With fountain going to usc, it appears ross is a bigger priority
Yes but you also assume you have Herring and Pearce for the next 3-4 years alongside Josephs for 2+. Nwaneri could also play Leo if you pulled that one. Lindstrom is currently built for the Leo spot as well. Elijah Rushing could also start as a Leo early in his career.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yes but you also assume you have Herring and Pearce for the next 3-4 years alongside Josephs for 2+. Nwaneri could also play Leo if you pulled that one. Lindstrom is currently built for the Leo spot as well. Elijah Rushing could also start as a Leo early in his career.

There is a lot to consider for these young men.

However, competition or the lack of it is an interesting motivator.

If you're tryihg to avoid competition then maybe that's a concern.

It feels good to have quality depth again.

Go Vols!

There is a lot to consider for these young men.

However, competition or the lack of it is an interesting motivator.

If you're tryihg to avoid competition then maybe that's a concern.

It feels good to have quality depth again.

Go Vols!
I don’t have a problem with a kid understanding the depth chart and it being a factor, but the portal somewhat dampens that concern if you feel like you’ll still be developed early. Being behind a stud sophomore could really cut into your snap count for multiple years

Based on the newest intel, nwaneri may not be coming here. Hopefully we can snag Rushing and its best to keep stacking depth each year.

Based on the newest intel, nwaneri may not be coming here. Hopefully we can snag Rushing and its best to keep stacking depth each year.
As long as we land Franklin and any of the 3 of Rushing/Ross/Okoye this DL class will be just fine. I’d personally like to see us land Franklin, one or two of those guys plus a guy that can play DT. We haven’t really landed a HS guy yet that will be playing at the 300+ weight inside. Hopefully they can land Franklin and get him up to 280-290. I think Rushing has the size and frame to play either LEO or SDE as well as Okoye. Ross is likely strictly a LEO

For Ross, the trip was visit number five on Rocky Top for Ross and his family.

“I learned about all the academics and hung out with the players,” Ross said. “We got to hang on the lake and everything. It was pretty fun.”

Tennessee has been near the top of Ross’ list for a while and the weekend visit simply reinforced that.

“Tennessee is in the top three with Georgia and Florida,” Ross said. “It was a great weekend. I loved it.”

“I will probably make a silent commitment and not tell anybody but the coaches,” Ross said. “But I probably won’t announce anything till December or I might just pop it out you never know. It depends on how I feel about the school.”
-AP

Per mini pod - Vols made a solid move. Reaffirmed that Vols are in the top group. AP not sure the whole 'silent' until December will come to fruition. He's come to UT the most and just need to fend off UGA & UF.

Per UGA boards, not sure they are going super hard after Ross. Focus turned to WN

Actually surprised to see @OrngeJuiceJones emojis because it kind of felt like, from listening to that interview, AP was right how we're trending away. Just seemed like there was no energy/excitement. Definitely did not get the vibe we made a move here.

Nobody knows were Jordan Ross is going to play College Football . Three team fight 💯

I don't see UGA having room for him and they don't seem to be making him a priority relative to a good number of other Edge prospects. And I'll take our chances against UF for just about anyone not from FL - especially a prospect for whom we've led for months.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and rgvol

VN Store

Back