‘23 AL DL James Smith

good thing to hear, but we all know how this will turn out & they will be rolling with the tide at the end of the day.
Yeah - - I was just thinking this trip is just an attempt to embarrass UT. As if to say "no, not in the class with Bama". If by chance they are taking a genuine look, then it's because they don't feel like they will make it with Bama. Face it, Bama can be selective, even when it comes to 5* guys.

We might pay more for his services. NIL could be factoring in here.

Start early and get a bigger bag from UT. Why would Bama want to match us on NIL money to a kid who may not contribute as much as or as early as he would at UT?

Even if we don't get him, it's a win for us. It puts those bigger schools on the hot seat with recruits. If the top tier teams don't want to fork out the dough with NIL because they are already neck deep in quality depth, it is a telling sign to recruits. It says, "That UT love is better. They want me more, play me more, and pay me more... what have you done?"

So 2 top 60 players nationally have contacted TN and want to come visit Knoxville, yet live in the shadows of both Alabama & Auburn? Call me skeptical, but could this be a new way these kids could try to get more $$$, maybe they seriously want to see TN, or somewhere in-between. Who knows, but one thing it does is it will definitely get the attention of other schools. But, if they are serious about TN, then in my opinion, this has moved TN recruiting to an entirely different level and any "concerns" about this staffs recruiting ability will disappear.

I will not speculate as to their intent, and this may be the future of football recruiting, if they are actually trying to boost a deal somewhere else, but for now, I choose to believe they have a genuine interest in Tennessee. Maybe Nico has been in their ear convincing them Tennessee can be a championship contender with these guys.

I will not speculate as to their intent, and this may be the future of football recruiting, if they are actually trying to boost a deal somewhere else, but for now, I choose to believe they have a genuine interest in Tennessee. Maybe Nico has been in their ear convincing them Tennessee can be a championship contender with these guys.
Even if money is the initial motivation for the call it gives us a chance to show them what TN is about.

VN Store

Back