‘23 AL DL James Smith

No I agree I should have added more context in what I said but I was making fun of posters who didn’t think nil wasn’t a big reason

Glad you added the missing context part, because you originally sounded pretty negative.

Pruitt got busted for doing g what every SEC school has done for decades. He just sucked at it. All the big universities had mechanisms in place to pay players.

I dint think NIL is the only reason. We do have the OG of DL coaches so that doesn't hurt. I feel it's a combination of both.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Players have been taking visits to try to get more money from the team they want to go to for years. Difference now is Tennessee is becoming the leader in money a player can get. I am okay with us making AL, GA, OSU and Clemson have to pay more for each player they are taking which will weaken them eventually. And, who knows, if they get on campus we may be able to make it a battle. Having 5*s visiting is good PR, and the more that visit the better our odds of landing some.
Well said.

No I agree I should have added more context in what I said but I was making fun of posters who didn’t think nil wasn’t a big reason
You seem to leave out context a lot. Your the one that acts like everyone goes to the highest bidder when there is much more to it. Yes, it does help with some and it will give some a chance to market themselves but there is more to it than just money. A lot more than you or many know for the vast majority of players. I haven’t heard any acting like NIL doesn’t impact the recruiting landscape, but you act like it is the sole reasoning. And if you believe that you just as wrong as the people you claim to be making fun of. GBO!

You seem to leave out context a lot. Your the one that acts like everyone goes to the highest bidder when there is much more to it. Yes, it does help with some and it will give some a chance to market themselves but there is more to it than just money. A lot more than you or many know for the vast majority of players. I haven’t heard any acting like NIL doesn’t impact the recruiting landscape, but you act like it is the sole reasoning. And if you believe that you just as wrong as the people you claim to be making fun of. GBO!
Our NIL is a huge reason why we are in on these guys that is just a fact and im very happy about it

Reactions: norrislakevol
Our NIL is a huge reason why we are in on these guys that is just a fact and im very happy about it
Timeline
5/12/21 - Vols offered
10/29/21 - Hazle in house visit in California
11/27/21 - Unofficial visitor for Ol Miss game.
12/1/21 - Hazle met with him in Los Angelas
12/8/21 - Hazle in house visit in California.
1/24/22 - Heupel visited him at his high school.
3/4/22 - On campus with family for three days...

...plus, he and his entire family fell in love with Rocky Top, and have the absolute best time of their lives each time they are on campus; we LITERALLY had his mom in tears of joy at a basketball game, money had NOTHING to do with that...to add to, Josh Heupel being the absolute best offensive mind in college football...also can add, UT sold him on being the face of a resurrection of one of the greatest programs in college football; this kid knows how important, and how thankful we are to have him, he said from the very beginning, and did so again several times throughout, he wanted to go somewhere he is loved, well...

...are huge reasons why he came here, that is just a fact, and i'm very happy about it.

Timeline
5/12/21 - Vols offered
10/29/21 - Hazle in house visit in California
11/27/21 - Unofficial visitor for Ol Miss game.
12/1/21 - Hazle met with him in Los Angelas
12/8/21 - Hazle in house visit in California.
1/24/22 - Heupel visited him at his high school.
3/4/22 - On campus with family for three days...

...plus, he and his entire family fell in love with Rocky Top, and have the absolute best time of their lives each time they are on campus; we LITERALLY had his mom in tears of joy at a basketball game, money had NOTHING to do with that...to add to, Josh Heupel being the absolute best offensive mind in college football...also can add, UT sold him on being the face of a resurrection of one of the greatest programs in college football; this kid knows how important, and how thankful we are to have him, he said from the very beginning, and did so again several times throughout, he wanted to go somewhere he is loved, well...

...are huge reasons why he came here, that is just a fact, and i'm very happy about it.
My guy you don’t need to get so pressed over me being happy about our NIL program…im not trying to downplay the work the coaching staff is doing

Some forget Bama had NIL before there was an NIL. Bama and Auburn have been signing kids forever bc of cash and illegal benefits. Now Tennessee can compete on a high level with anyone with the NIL being a factor. This has been happening forever it’s just now in the light of day for everyone to see with it being legal.

My guy you don’t need to get so pressed over me being happy about our NIL program…im not trying to downplay the work the coaching staff is doing
And, im not downplaying the role of NIL...just thought id bring up the other parts of recruiting, the parts that truly land a kid.

By far, Knoxville beats Gainesville/Tuscaloosa/Auburn/Columbia/Starkville/CollegeStation/BatonRouge/Oxford/and whatever Missouri has....
For a place to live and go to school for 3 or 4 years, yes.

For a free, weekend trip, paid for by a school you have absolutely no interest in attending, I can think of better places.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Tennessee and the knoxville area have a lot to offer. A great university surrounded by the beautiful Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg and the Tennessee River running right past the stadium. A great staff and fan base that is second to none. Tennessee is ready to romp back on the college football scene!!!!GBO!

Tennessee and the knoxville area have a lot to offer. A great university surrounded by the beautiful Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg and the Tennessee River running right past the stadium. A great staff and fan base that is second to none. Tennessee is ready to romp back on the college football scene!!!!GBO!

There is no atmosphere like Tennessee when they win. None.

Really just depends on the player.. different people have different priorities.

Not bama locks anymore, now that the playing field is level and everyone can pay.

The NIL greatly helps schools like Tennessee, Texas, and aTm. These are rich schools with deep pockets. The NIL will have the ability to keep Tennessee on top for many, many years if it is done right. It's a crushing blow to other schools virtually guaranteeing they will always be nothing but mediocre, and a mixed blessing for others.

The NIL greatly helps schools like Tennessee, Texas, and aTm. These are rich schools with deep pockets. The NIL will have the ability to keep Tennessee on top for many, many years if it is done right. It's a crushing blow to other schools virtually guaranteeing they will always be nothing but mediocre, and a mixed blessing for others.
It helps the schools that can compete on a level playing field. Nothing is going to help the ones that couldn’t to begin with. It will balance out more fairly among more power 5 schools and with the numbers it takes to be play competitive football that is about all you can ask. It isn’t realistic to see a mid major compete year in and year out with the top half of power 5 schools. It takes more to win in football. GBO!

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back