'20 AL ATH Kristian Story (Alabama Commit)

Pruitt has the relationship. Think about it, we get Osovet,Sunseri and Lilly...they get Butch.

Haven’t thought about it that way yet, but dang what a trade.

UT ⬆️
Bama ⬇️

Pruitt has the relationship. Think about it, we get Osovet,Sunseri and Lilly...they get Butch.

Saban everyday when he comes to work and Butch is waving to him from the sidewalk in front of Saban's parking spot...

rybfkkj0i3wy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Haven’t thought about it that way yet, but dang what a trade.

UT ⬆️
Bama ⬇️
I would say UT up, Bama continues. Saban has a factory going and it won't change anytime soon. Alabama is paying Jones 35k while UT pays him like a head coach. It is what it is, we will get better...

I would say UT up, Bama continues. Saban has a factory going and it won't change anytime soon. Alabama is paying Jones 35k while UT pays him like a head coach. It is what it is, we will get better...

We’re paying him to not be our coach. They’re paying for what? I think we got the better deal.

Whenever there is a commitment this far before National Signing Day, there is at least some fear that a prospect will flip. Take into account Kristian Story is from the Class of 2020 and has about 21 months until he can sign, and it might be easy not to get too attached.

Story, however, might not be a typical prospect. He seems certain this commitment will stick, although he’s not shutting down his commitment.

“It’s going to take a lot to flip me,” Story told SEC Country. “I don’t see myself flipping.”

Story wasn’t strongly considering Tennessee until he picked up an offer from the Vols on Jan. 15. The 6-foot-2, 207-pound Story remembered liking Eric Berry but hadn’t thought about Tennessee too much in the past few years.

That all changed March 3. He visited Knoxville for the first time on junior day.

“When I got up there, I just fell in love with it,” Story said. “The second I got onto campus, I knew that’s where I wanted to be.”

Story wanted to commit then but also wanted his mom to see the campus and get her blessing on the decision. She visited with Story on Thursday, and it was a done deal.

“I knew Coach [Charles] Kelly when he was at Florida State and Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt at Alabama,” Story said. “The connection has been there. It just grew much stronger over the past month or so. Because of Coach Pruitt’s philosophy in life. The stuff he believes in as an athlete, student or player. Those types of things.”

Now the Lanett, Ala., product sees himself as the leader of the 2020 class for the Vols and will turn his attention to getting other top prospects to join him.

“I know there are a lot of guys around my area who are very talented,” Story said. “I’m going to try to get them to come with me. And even nationally, we all network together through group chats. I know I’ll be able to get most of them.”

“I think we have a really good chance,” Story said. “A lot of them already like Tennessee and maybe some were just waiting on someone else to pull the trigger first.”

The 4-star prospect is listed as an athlete because that is what he is. He plays quarterback and defensive back for Lanett High School. He had 42 total touchdowns and 3 interceptions during his sophomore season. The coaching staff isn’t pressuring him to decide on a position. Which is the right call, since there is still a lot of time for him to get better on the football field.

“They said I can play whatever I want to play,” Story said. “I really don’t know yet. I feel like I can dominate at quarterback, defensive back.”

-Blake Morgan

Class of 2020 Tennessee commit Kristian Story: 'I don’t see myself flipping'

It must be fun to be backyard football talented with pads on

I was always Tony Dorsett, sometimes I'd be Franco Harris. A few times I can remember being Chuck Foreman :). Man, I could run all day long playing tackle the man.

Whenever there is a commitment this far before National Signing Day, there is at least some fear that a prospect will flip. Take into account Kristian Story is from the Class of 2020 and has about 21 months until he can sign, and it might be easy not to get too attached.

Story, however, might not be a typical prospect. He seems certain this commitment will stick, although he’s not shutting down his commitment.

“It’s going to take a lot to flip me,” Story told SEC Country. “I don’t see myself flipping.”

Story wasn’t strongly considering Tennessee until he picked up an offer from the Vols on Jan. 15. The 6-foot-2, 207-pound Story remembered liking Eric Berry but hadn’t thought about Tennessee too much in the past few years.

That all changed March 3. He visited Knoxville for the first time on junior day.

“When I got up there, I just fell in love with it,” Story said. “The second I got onto campus, I knew that’s where I wanted to be.”

Story wanted to commit then but also wanted his mom to see the campus and get her blessing on the decision. She visited with Story on Thursday, and it was a done deal.

“I knew Coach [Charles] Kelly when he was at Florida State and Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt at Alabama,” Story said. “The connection has been there. It just grew much stronger over the past month or so. Because of Coach Pruitt’s philosophy in life. The stuff he believes in as an athlete, student or player. Those types of things.”

Now the Lanett, Ala., product sees himself as the leader of the 2020 class for the Vols and will turn his attention to getting other top prospects to join him.

“I know there are a lot of guys around my area who are very talented,” Story said. “I’m going to try to get them to come with me. And even nationally, we all network together through group chats. I know I’ll be able to get most of them.”

“I think we have a really good chance,” Story said. “A lot of them already like Tennessee and maybe some were just waiting on someone else to pull the trigger first.”

The 4-star prospect is listed as an athlete because that is what he is. He plays quarterback and defensive back for Lanett High School. He had 42 total touchdowns and 3 interceptions during his sophomore season. The coaching staff isn’t pressuring him to decide on a position. Which is the right call, since there is still a lot of time for him to get better on the football field.

“They said I can play whatever I want to play,” Story said. “I really don’t know yet. I feel like I can dominate at quarterback, defensive back.”

-Blake Morgan

Class of 2020 Tennessee commit Kristian Story: 'I don’t see myself flipping'

“Commits” 21 months before he can actually sign.....hasn’t shut down his recruitment. Who’d have thunk it?

“Commits” 21 months before he can actually sign.....hasn’t shut down his recruitment. Who’d have thunk it?

it is what it is. i think most get the reality of recruiting and what 'commitment' means in that world.

for now, he's the #6 rated ATH, top 100 player in the 2020 class. and he's on the train. just go with it.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back