AJC article about Kiffin and Tennessee.

He wont respond to your post. It makes too much sense.

Actually it doesn't. It is a stupid comparison just as criticizing CCM for losses early in his UT basketball tenure would be stupid. Dufus lost to a horrendous UK squad at the end of year 2. Accept it.

Actually it doesn't. It is a stupid comparison just as criticizing CCM for losses early in his UT basketball tenure would be stupid. Dufus lost to a horrendous UK squad at the end of year 2. Accept it.

With a team that was worse than his first year from a talent/experience standpoint and significantly worse than Kiffin's one team from that standpoint... Accept it.

UT still should not have lost to UK. But anomalies happen in college sports. ULM beat Saban and Bama. App State ended Carr's career at Michigan. Memphis beat Peyton Mannings Vol team that was in MUCH better shape roster wise.

Sometimes the stars just align and a worse team beats a better team. It was made all the more likely due to the 3 busted recruiting classes DD inherited that should have stocked his Jr/Sr leaders and contributors.

Reactions: 3 people
I fixed your post. Please don't lump me in there.:hi:

LOL I think it's hilarious that you have to immediately separate yourself from allvol123 when people start flaming that troll. :) I feel sorry for you, my friend. Just a case of mistaken identity. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin and Meyer should be good friends, they're both just alike, two lying cowards that happen to be pretty good football coaches. Heck, Kiffin is Meyer minus the two NC rings.

Agreed. Though the whole ring situation could change very quickly, as in 2012.

And Kiffin lost to a far less talented 3-6 Pac 10 team, at home. Accept it.

With a team that was worse than his first year from a talent/experience standpoint and significantly worse than Kiffin's one team from that standpoint... Accept it.

UT still should not have lost to UK. But anomalies happen in college sports. ULM beat Saban and Bama. App State ended Carr's career at Michigan. Memphis beat Peyton Mannings Vol team that was in MUCH better shape roster wise.

Sometimes the stars just align and a worse team beats a better team. It was made all the more likely due to the 3 busted recruiting classes DD inherited that should have stocked his Jr/Sr leaders and contributors.

Anomalies do happen but are more acceptable from guys that have led teams to conference, national, and pro championships. Dooley has no claim to such and thus far has proven to be nothing but a competitive loser.

Maybe. But the UCLA team we got beat by under Kiffin's watch pretty much sucked, too. But we can go ahead and overlook that if you want.

UCLA had at least 4 NFL guys on D. AV plays for the Titans. Kentucky had a high school guy at Qb. And nothing anywhere else. Neither should be overlooked however, for both losses suck.

UCLA had at least 4 NFL guys on D. AV plays for the Titans. Kentucky had a high school guy at Qb. And nothing anywhere else. Neither should be overlooked however, for both losses suck.

Tennessee also had more NFL players on the roster, and much more senior leadership. Agree, both losses were unacceptable.

Regardless of anything, Kiffin was and is a great recruiter and a damn good coach. Watch what he does for USC, even under great restrictions. He imho was what Tennessee needed to get talk and swagger back after the Fulmer debacle.

Regardless of anything, Kiffin was and is a great recruiter and a damn good coach. Watch what he does for USC, even under great restrictions. He imho was what Tennessee needed to get talk and swagger back after the Fulmer debacle.

So you want us to watch and see what Kiffin does next year, but don't give Dooley the same patience? When Dooley inherited the mess of a recruiting class Kiffin left him? Neither has proven anything worth a damn.

I actually thought Kiffin was the right answer at the time but when I heard he had imported all the USC garbage and tossed out the UTK traditions, I realized things were off. Did no one else get offended that he used USC videos as motivators for Tennessee football players?

I actually thought Kiffin was the right answer at the time but when I heard he had imported all the USC garbage and tossed out the UTK traditions, I realized things were off. Did no one else get offended that he used USC videos as motivators for Tennessee football players?

I don't think it was as big of a deal as it has been made out to be. It probably wasn't meant to be a slight towards UT. He could accomplish two things at once by showing USC videos.

One, he could show his style of football and what they were aspiring to be. They could show how his offense worked and how Orgeron worked the DL, etc.

Two, USC had a dynasty-like run for a while. The recruits would have seen it more recently than showing old UT footage. Even the '98 season, the recruits were ~8 years old or so. 2002 to 2008 was a run that hadn't been done in a while.

I don't think it was as big of a deal as it has been made out to be. It probably wasn't meant to be a slight towards UT. He could accomplish two things at once by showing USC videos.

One, he could show his style of football and what they were aspiring to be. They could show how his offense worked and how Orgeron worked the DL, etc.

Two, USC had a dynasty-like run for a while. The recruits would have seen it more recently than showing old UT footage. Even the '98 season, the recruits were ~8 years old or so. 2002 to 2008 was a run that hadn't been done in a while.

USC has Will Ferrell as a celebrity fan. We have David Keith.
:pepper:

You're wasting your time. Only true VFLs are wanted at Tennessee. The recruits should remember Al Wilson, Leonard Little, Jamal Lewis and Peerless Price even if they were only 6 years old when they were around.

God forbid a coach with a proven system show a team running that proven system.

Didn't he say he wanted to turn Tennessee into the "USC of the East?" The Vols didn't and don't need to be the USC of anything. I say, good riddence to bad rubbish.:neener2:

Reactions: 2 people

what game have you seen him coach to claim he is a damn good coach?

good lord its been years since he left, hes just a man and its just a game. Let it go already

VN Store

Back