AJ Johnson Update Please

I've never understood. The accuser and friend destroyed/lost/whatever their phones, fought to keep the defense from getting information, etc. Did not seem just from the get go, but the part I liked best is the ruling re the prosecutors...represent the state and citizens and are to seek justice; they are not some honchos ridng out to get a guilty plea no matter what and devil take the facts. I'm paraphrasing. Guilty or not guilty...let all the facts be brought out and the justice system (remember the blind lady?) determines the outcome. Jmo.

That's right. Shame on the prosecutors if this would have solved this mess a long time ago. Shame on them for wasting the peoples time and money.

I read where a Michigan woman was recently arrested for falsely accusing someone of rape. Hope this young lady pays the same price if A.J. is innocent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I've never understood. The accuser and friend destroyed/lost/whatever their phones, fought to keep the defense from getting information, etc. Did not seem just from the get go, but the part I liked best is the ruling re the prosecutors...represent the state and citizens and are to seek justice; they are not some honchos ridng out to get a guilty plea no matter what and devil take the facts. I'm paraphrasing. Guilty or not guilty...let all the facts be brought out and the justice system (remember the blind lady?) determines the outcome. Jmo.

That is the key term..."justice". Is the prosecutors job to just get a conviction or to serve justice?

Reactions: 1 person
That is the key term..."justice". Is the prosecutors job to just get a conviction or to serve justice?

My thoughts are that it is all about egos and winning at whatever cost, has little to nothing to do with justice.
:thumbsup:

Yes, it seems like some prosecutors are playing a game and convictions=points, to heck with guilty, not guilty, or evidence. We understand the defenders are going all out to acquit, may not always be "just" but the rules were written for a reason (not convict someone who is innocent). And the government has money, power, resources beyond most individuals.

If AJ is found innocent, who pays his attorneys' fees? And their support staff, etc.? This has drug on too long. It has not been fair to the defendants. Regardless of how this ends he has lost millions (if found guilty, then due to criminal behavior; if found innocent, due to stupidity. Sorry guys, you have a brain - USE it.) Either way, imo, this has not been an example of how we want the justice system to work.

I know we try to be protective of a rape victim, understandably so, but somewhere how we deal with this issue needs to be calibrated. And I am a woman, one child (girl), one grandchild (girl), so I am not exactly unbiased. But years ago, working with a youth group, I saw an unjust accusation and the consequences. I learned then, protect and teach the boys just like you protect and teach the girls.

I don't know who's guilty in this. I would just like to see a fairer and much quicker resolution than what has occurred so far.

It was my understanding they have them and was just waiting on the ruling if they could be used to defend AJ.

I believe this ruling just gave them the right to attempt to retrieve the messages. It was my understanding that they have to convince the social media accounts and phone companies to turn over the records. If they even exist on that platform now. How long are deleted accounts and messages saved? How long are text messages saved by carrier?? Someone please correct me if I am wrong in any way. But the right to the messages and the existence of those messages now appear to be separate issues. The DA did not acquire those messages up front. Either way I just hope the truth comes out and those who are guilty go to jail and those who are innocent can have their life back.

I believe this ruling just gave them the right to attempt to retrieve the messages. It was my understanding that they have to convince the social media accounts and phone companies to turn over the records. If they even exist on that platform now. How long are deleted accounts and messages saved? How long are text messages saved by carrier?? Someone please correct me if I am wrong in any way. But the right to the messages and the existence of those messages now appear to be separate issues. The DA did not acquire those messages up front. Either way I just hope the truth comes out and those who are guilty go to jail and those who are innocent can have their life back.

Or that.

Right or wrong, AJ is not, and has not, been in a winning position.

Screwed.

Whether he did it to himself or he was set up.

Screwed.

That is my understanding too, that's why I was asking if they have them yet. No one seem to know for certain, just a lot of speculation.

There ought to be some accountability on the female's part in cases such as these. Current laws in place do a great job of protecting the female but they take the man around the back of the woodshed regardless of innocence or guilt. That simply isn't right and needs to be changed.

There ought to be some accountability on the female's part in cases such as these. Current laws in place do a great job of protecting the female but they take the man around the back of the woodshed regardless of innocence or guilt. That simply isn't right and needs to be changed.

Not to be rude, but if a man raped someone then hey need to be taken out back to the woodshed. There needs to be more educational classes about not getting drunk and smashing girls who are smashed, because end game.. ts not worth it if something like this happens.

Neither party put themselves in a good situation, but in the court of law with innocent until proven guilty it is more important to protect possible victims regardless of the fact.

Otherwise it may cause other potential victims to not want to come forward.

Not to be rude, but if a man raped someone then hey need to be taken out back to the woodshed. There needs to be more educational classes about not getting drunk and smashing girls who are smashed, because end game.. ts not worth it if something like this happens.

Neither party put themselves in a good situation, but in the court of law with innocent until proven guilty it is more important to protect possible victims regardless of the fact.

Otherwise it may cause other potential victims to not want to come forward.

The point you're missing is that this isn't a case of innocent until proven guilty. This was and still is guilty until proven innocent.

The other point I am making is that the current laws in place that are meant to "encourage" women to come forward unfortunately also create an environment that easily allows women to falsely accuse men and after effectively destroying that innocent man's life they suffer no repercussions for their false accusations.

Reactions: 2 people
AJ needs to show he wasn't "that guilty".

If it turns out that she was happy with how she spent her night and then lied to her boyfriend to protect her reputation and he took that lie and ran with it thinking it was the truth, she needs to be consequences for all the trouble she has cases others for telling her lie.

Innocence was throw out the window early that night.

AJ needs to show he wasn't "that guilty".

If it turns out that she was happy with how she spent her night and then lied to her boyfriend to protect her reputation and he took that lie and ran with it thinking it was the truth, she needs to be consequences for all the trouble she has cases others for telling her lie.

Innocence was throw out the window early that night.

There are consequences for making false statements to the police and then filing a complaint based upon those false statements. Usually in most cases the police must be able to show willful deception that she knowingly and intentionally filed the report based on false pretenses.

The point you're missing is that this isn't a case of innocent until proven guilty. This was and still is guilty until proven innocent.

The other point I am making is that the current laws in place that are meant to "encourage" women to come forward unfortunately also create an environment that easily allows women to falsely accuse men and after effectively destroying that innocent man's life they suffer no repercussions for their false accusations.

They shouldn't be punished because in our judicial system just because you arnt found guilty doesn't mean it didn't happen. There just isn't enough evidence to convict.

So when we find somebody Not Guilty that doesn't mean we should judicial punish the accuser then put them on trail.

And why are you putting "Encourage" in quotations?? What are you implying?

I assume you are the type who thinks every person accusing an athlete of rape is just wanting a paycheck? I mean I could be wrong but that is the way it seems.

VN Store

Back