AJ Causey

4-0, 1.65 ERA, 38 K’s and 4 Walks

I think we can put to bed who our Friday night guy is. Vitello and Anderson turned JSU best player into one of the top pitchers in the SEC. We are lucky to have Causey as a weekend starter.
Yes sir! 👍🍊👊😀😃👍🍊Causey is a stud. When Russell returns, I love our weekend starters. Depth of bullpen looks very solid as well.

I would start Russell on Sunday once he’s fully back. Fun to think about.
I THINK that’s what we will do. If that works out…very strong pitching rotation. Not a physical biometrics guru here but AJ’s motion seems to lend itself to longevity. And so far our lineup has meshed together. The SEC will be a gauntlet but TV understands the challenges and layout of the SEC about as well as any coach in the league!

I THINK that’s what we will do. If that works out…very strong pitching rotation. Not a physical biometrics guru here but AJ’s motion seems to lend itself to longevity. And so far our lineup has meshed together. The SEC will be a gauntlet but TV understands the challenges and layout of the SEC about as well as any coach in the league!
Any record above 500 in league play is fantastic.

I remember thinking we had an embarrassment of riches with 2 Chases and a Beam in 2022. I am liking the AJs and and Beam. They have not accomplished what the guys in 2022 did but I am hopeful they can! It is certainly fun to watch!
Agreed, I think they’ll be fine. Now the offense is a different story, I think we’re more loaded at the bats than we were in ‘22 as crazy as that sounds. I think these guys will break the UT season record in HR’s and come close to the NCAA record by seasons end.

Agreed, I think they’ll be fine. Now the offense is a different story, I think we’re more loaded at the bats than we were in ‘22 as crazy as that sounds. I think these guys will break the UT season record in HR’s and come close to the NCAA record by seasons end.
I hear you on the bats. Ive stopped short of saying that out loud. That 2022 team was loaded.

Our depth both on the mound and at the plate is impressive.

Moore 2B, Lohry, Bates
Burke 1B., Bargo, Villeneuve
Amick 3B, Perry, Payne
Tears RF, Chapman, Bargo
Dreiling, LF, Villeneuve, Backus
Villeneuve DH, Bargo, Chapman, Backus
Curley SS, Antigua
Cannon C, Stark, Taylor
Ensley CF, Tears

SP. Causey, Beam, Russell, Sechrist
RP. Connell, Combs, Snead, Stamos, Behnke, Phillips, Schaefer, Hunley,
Loy, Sharp, Dallas, Garcia
(Closers: Snead, Stamos, Phillips)

Last edited:

Moore 2B, Lohry, Bates
Amick 3B, Perry, Payne
Tears RF, Chapman, Bargo
Curley SS, Antigua
Cannon C, Stark, Taylor
Ensley CF, Tears

Bargo was impressive coming off the bench last night cold and hitting the ball hard.

Moore 2B, Lohry, Bates
Amick 3B, Perry, Payne
Tears RF, Chapman, Bargo
Curley SS, Antigua
Cannon C, Stark, Taylor
Ensley CF, Tears

Yeah …when you see it laid out like this…man it’s impressive! Thanks for doing to legwork on this. So glad TV is at Tennessee!

Yes sir. He can play both corner infield and Outfield positions plus DH. He’s super talented for sure.
BTW, Curley said on Stache Talk that Brayden Sharp is the player he’d pay to watch. He was impressed by his 2-way abilities at the plate and as a pitcher. Can’t wait to watch his developmen—he’s going to be a good one.

VN Store

Back