Agree with me or not, I just have to say it

an elbow jumper ? like to the throat ? :)

oh and teach her or them a fade away jump shot,that is a lost art too or it seems like it,Nared does well on those at times

I would like to see shooters use the back board more too,instead of the shoot thru the basket shot,that misses by a lot,but that is what i learnt in high school gym lol

and i wan't them to block out properly,learned that on an asphalt church basket ball court,had to take care of body parts there lol

I guess it boils down to being a tad meaner and focus on what to do coach jumper :)

an elbow jumper ? like to the throat ? :)

oh and teach her or them a fade away jump shot,that is a lost art too or it seems like it,Nared does well on those at times

I would like to see shooters use the back board more too,instead of the shoot thru the basket shot,that misses by a lot,but that is what i learnt in high school gym lol

and i wan't them to block out properly,learned that on an asphalt church basket ball court,had to take care of body parts there lol

I guess it boils down to being a tad meaner and focus on what to do coach jumper :)

Being facetious?

Nared can't do a fade-away because her shot originates from below her chin. A proper fade-away has to be shot from above the temple. Hers is a "step-back push shot"

Not sure what the rest of that was.
Have another drink?
BTW did you do a game thread?

Reactions: 1 person
Great post, Chris.

As for the post about "...portend a division on the team. Maybe there is an undercurrent that we are not aware of." Seriously? There's been a division the size of the Grand Canyon on this team ever since our current superstar showed up and designated her besties.

DD is NOT a selfish player, git that thru yer stooped haid, ya frozen fool..

she tries too much to give others the chance to shine and they screw the pooch...

IMHO, she should start kicking their lazy asses. especially at the center and pt guard positions. supply your own names... lol

Reactions: 5 people
Great post, Chris.

As for the post about "...portend a division on the team. Maybe there is an undercurrent that we are not aware of." Seriously? There's been a division the size of the Grand Canyon on this team ever since our current superstar showed up and designated her besties.

I would not read anything into that.Fact is I would be upset too at the playing time if it were me ......wouldn't you ?

she tries too much to give others the chance to shine and they screw the pooch...

IMHO, she should start kicking their lazy asses. especially at the center and pt guard positions. supply your own names... lol

What did Harris and Cooper do to deserve such criticism???

I sit and watch the 1hr-pre-game happenings intently. This is where I can best assess a player's strengths and flaws. Though I do not feel they are an indication of how the game is going to go, the pre-game drills are a very accurate way of telling what frame of mind the players are in. ((Reason: In warmups players are doing familiar things so their respective personalities come out. They are "at ease" in this environment, , , , In game, your opposition often controls your environment. Your personna is dictated by the moment)).

I say that to say this. During those drills and skills sets, Kortney leaves those drills sweating. She is ALL there. I would find a way to reward such dedication and drive.

I would teach Kortney an elbow jumper/reverse-pivot-one dribble-hard-drive, teach her to pass and use her like a Karl Malone. A Karl Malone who can also shoot a 3!!

Yes! I am not a coach, but I've noticed this as well. I've been saying for years that the Lady Vol coaching staff should be running pre-game warm-ups -- not support staff -- with a keen eye toward effort.

If any player appears to be going through the motions and not treating the process with the respect for what it actually is -- a pre-cursor to the energy and focus one will have during the GAME -- then her playing time should be adjusted accordingly.

Gule, that was uncalled for. Since you're the person who brought up the term "selfish," is that issue on your mind? You're supplying names, not me.

Last edited:
I would not read anything into that.Fact is I would be upset too at the playing time if it were me ......wouldn't you ?

I wasn't specifically referring to Dunbar's PT, but the fact is that she's a role player, primarily the role of outside shooter, and even with Middleton's recent horrendous shooting slump, she's still shooting better than Dunbar, and she still plays better defense. Both hustle on the floor, but both are limited by poor innate foot speed and there's nothing that can be done about that.

All of these other comments about benching people for poor effort, TO's, missing layups, etc. are great from a philosophical standpoint, but in practice they're impractical due to our short bench.

VN Store

Back