After Seeing What Happened At Louisville How Does Ole Miss Fare?

Thought he had already filed this a month or so ago? Remember when they first responded to the allegations. Even with the scarce details you could tell they were lying. Stupid on top of stupid.

I believe that he filled yesterday and the media got a hold of it today before Freeze spoke.

hughfreezetweet.jpg

With them, the way they are backing Freeze, I'm thinking it's no where near SMU.

I don't know where that blind loyalty comes from. Their resistance to admission could result in a harsher sentence instead. Maybe they just figure they will wait on a show cause so they can move on without paying Freeze anymore salary. Other than the Bama wins I don't see where Freeze has done much for them. He seems to scheme the early games out pretty well, but the season always ends in the tank for them after midyear.

I don't know where that blind loyalty comes from. Their resistance to admission could result in a harsher sentence instead. Maybe they just figure they will wait on a show cause so they can move on without paying Freeze anymore salary. Other than the Bama wins I don't see where Freeze has done much for them. He seems to scheme the early games out pretty well, but the season always ends in the tank for them after midyear.

I think they are sticking behind him simply because they know he's a great coach and they don't think (at least not yet) that he's at risk of a show cause.

And I think they are correct in thinking he's a great coach. He cheated and got players he shouldn't have, but those 2014 and 2015 teams were still less talented than a lot of the teams they were beating. They even beat Alabama that second time without Tunsil; think about that - they were without their NFL-caliber left tackle and still beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa. Freeze went 8-4 against division opponents in 2014 and 2015.

Honestly, I think that is still impressive even if you were cheating.

Last edited:
I believe that was his original quote after people questioned the Nkemdiche class.

In the Outkick the Coverage article, it says Freeze has gone back and deleted that Tweet since.

They have literally traced his phone records to draw a picture of the string of lies he told via the media to make this all seem like Nutt's fault. Nutt just gave the NCAA a roadmap to follow to prove he lied to keep his 2016 class in tact and save his Christian image. As the article states, if he'd lie to keep a recruiting class together, why not his job?

I think you answered your own question. You'd have a hell of a time trying to make a hire now, might as well let him twist in the wind until the NCAA gives you an out to fire him for free.

If they're just that blindly loyal to the guy...well, its stupid, but its also the state of Mississippi we're talking about.

In the Outkick the Coverage article, it says Freeze has gone back and deleted that Tweet since.

They have literally traced his phone records to draw a picture of the string of lies he told via the media to make this all seem like Nutt's fault. Nutt just gave the NCAA a roadmap to follow to prove he lied to keep his 2016 class in tact and save his Christian image. As the article states, if he'd lie to keep a recruiting class together, why not his job?

As far as lawsuits go, its fascinating and hilarious. Its like they forgot Nutt was even alive and could come back and fight the whole thing.

I had read that they are backing him because if they don't, and he gets hammered, then it's lack of institutional control. That is an entirely different world!

Still doing it! Note the "some we INHERITED"'gem. :lol:
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...s-talk-former-coach-houston-nutt-lawsuit-says

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like he, and Ole Miss are trying to say this, or at least some of it was going on before he got there. Without saying it.

Sounds like he, and Ole Miss are trying to say this, or at least some of it was going on before he got there. Without saying it.

They outright said it to several members of the press. They weren't being subtle, and it was a total lie. That's why Nutt is suing them.

If I'm Ole Miss I dig my heels in and tell the NCAA to, "Clean up the mess in Chapel Hill then come and see me."

The NCAA had no problem with UNC winning the basketball title. Yeah, I know, the academic scandal only pertains to women's basketball...right!

Reactions: 1 person
If I'm Ole Miss I dig my heels in and tell the NCAA to, "Clean up the mess in Chapel Hill then come and see me."

The NCAA had no problem with UNC winning the basketball title. Yeah, I know, the academic scandal only pertains to women's basketball...right!

Worked for us with Pearl and Tyndall.

Worked for us with Pearl and Tyndall.

How do you think the men's BB would be right now had Hamilton not backed Pearl in a corner the day of that last tournament game? Would he still be here? He dis have a show cause order and I'm not sure how that would work if the school isn't wanting to part ways.

How do you think the men's BB would be right now had Hamilton not backed Pearl in a corner the day of that last tournament game? Would he still be here? He dis have a show cause order and I'm not sure how that would work if the school isn't wanting to part ways.

We're a regular, high performing NCAA tourney team with Pearl. Hamilton not informing him of the photo is the only action that I can take exception to. The NCAA lighted on a bombastic personality and issued a show cause for a minor violation that isn't even a violation anymore. Bruce lying and bumping into the recruit sealed his fate but those were his actions. Tyndall violated the rules but Boeheim,Williams and Pitino front programs that mocked the NCAA...and pretty much got away with it. Ole Miss won't fare better than Tennessee...Hugh Freeze isn't protected.

VN Store

Back