Afghanistan

The global era is different. Instability in a region can lead to bigger problems than rival clans fighting it out between one another.

And central Asia isn't Germany.

The global era is different. Instability in a region can lead to bigger problems than rival clans fighting it out between one another.

And central Asia isn't Germany.

The fact we should not fight gorilla/insurgent type warfare applies. It's not what our military is designed to do.

The fact we should not fight gorilla/insurgent type warfare applies. It's not what our military is designed to do.

There are problems being there; there would be different problems if we weren't there.

What's the solution? I don't know. A U.S. presence somewhere on the spectrum between policing Afghanistan (where we've been the last 13 years) and abandoning Afghanistan (where we where before 9/11).

you know what this world needs, a non Russian nuclear wasteland. I wonder where we could put it and no one hear about for years?

There are problems being there; there would be different problems if we weren't there.

What's the solution? I don't know. A U.S. presence somewhere on the spectrum between policing Afghanistan (where we've been the last 13 years) and abandoning Afghanistan (where we where before 9/11).

Solution? Only one I have is not to go to war unless you are prepared to do what it takes to force total submission.

Solution? Only one I have is not to go to war unless you are prepared to do what it takes to force total submission.

tricky situation when we changed national leaders every 4 years, and change out a good number of our leaders every 2 years.

tricky situation when we changed national leaders every 4 years, and change out a good number of our leaders every 2 years.

True.

It should be ingrained in our national mindset. Either total all out win at all cost war or no war.

On whom? Every malcontent in the Middle East and south central Asia? We're not talking about a nation state.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. So why the hell are we still there with the luxury of 30 years of hindsight?

The difference between Russian involvement in Afghanistan and American involvement in Afghanistan is huge. Russia attempted to prop up a communist puppet state. America removed the Taliban. The same group who allied with groups who seek the destruction of everyone who does not prescribe to their point of view on Islam. The same group whose point of view it is to kill innocent women and children. The same group who harbored Al Qaeda.

My issue is the how regime change is being handled. While there is not an end all solution, regime change from the Taliban needed to happen. The major mishap was Al Qaeda's killing of Gen. Masood (sp) a couple days before September 11th. A better solution to the current regime has to be identified prior to regime change.

I don't expect you to understand foreign policy since you blindly profess Russia's innocence in every thing that they do on the world stage.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back