Ad issue

The ad issue has been a problem for a lot of folks across the internet. I think we've got most of them filtered out but will keep working to catch those last few. Appreciate the feedback and the continued posts/screenshots/links are helpful. Thank you.

WellPoint ad again for me too
I'll try and get the link next time it happens

View attachment 570180
I got it 2 days ago but just didn't bother to mention it.
I’m getting something similar today. Some ads are appearing on top of posts and they bleed onto each other.

And I just lost an unfinished post on an unwanted screen refresh.

I didn’t catch the advertiser’s name on the first issue.
I've been told we've found where the well point ads were getting through. Let me know if you still see them after tonight. Thanks.

Welp. I’m seeing it this morning. Back to the drawing board. So frustrating.

@Freak there is a very annoying Wellpoint ad on Mobile that keeps covering up the posts. As you scroll it basically interferes with page navigation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230819-100113.png
    Screenshot_20230819-100113.png
    368.5 KB · Views: 1
@Freak there is a very annoying Wellpoint ad on Mobile that keeps covering up the posts. As you scroll it basically interferes with page navigation.
I’ve been working for a few days on trying to get rid of this one. These WellPoint guys are masking their url and then redirecting to their site, intentionally making it difficult to block. The major ad networks have been hit with a flurry of this stuff and it’s affecting major sites, not just us, so it’s a priority for many. Thanks for the update and please keep posting as you see things like this.

Reactions: drvenner
Very wonky today. I couldn’t screen shot examples. Lost a couple of posts. One seemed to disappear (after I clicked POST REPLY) but ended up being there after hiding for a minute.

Got the Wellpoint and Philips Sonicare ads hijacking my Chrome browser on my computer this morning. That's a first.

Got the Wellpoint and Philips Sonicare ads hijacking my Chrome browser on my computer this morning. That's a first.
I'm convinced you have the worst ad luck of anyone on the board. lol

Hopefully these things go away soon. We've thrown block galore at them but they keep sneaking through. Typically these "rogue" ad campaigns are short lived. Thankfully.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
Still getting ads that overlay the VN interface. This “WellPoint” ad had a white border and shrunk the VN site and then went away but still covered the thread titles.

1693226066046.png

@Weezer @95 Vol Alum we found the host of a couple of these irritating ads and blocked them. I'm hopeful this helps the issue. Let me know if you notice a difference. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Weezer
Very wonky today. I couldn’t screen shot examples. Lost a couple of posts. One seemed to disappear (after I clicked POST REPLY) but ended up being there after hiding for a minute.
Can you do me a favor?

On your iPhone when on VolNation, click the share button at the bottom of your phone and then click add to home. This installs the site like an app in your phone. Now close safari and click on the newly created vn icon on your phone instead. You’ll know you’re in the “app” version because there will be no scroll bar.

Let me know if you have any issues. I’m curious to know if this affects the page refresh issue for you.

This is the share button I’m referring to.

IMG_3542.jpeg

Can you do me a favor?

On your iPhone when on VolNation, click the share button at the bottom of your phone and then click add to home. This installs the site like an app in your phone. Now close safari and click on the newly created vn icon on your phone instead. You’ll know you’re in the “app” version because there will be no scroll bar.

Let me know if you have any issues. I’m curious to know if this affects the page refresh issue for you.

I just lost a partially written post (after sharing to my home page and logging back in), BUT it might be unrelated. I pulled the screen up and then down while looking to see if the address bar was there. I pulled so far that the screen manually refreshed and my post was gone.

What I was writing and checking for an address was that I noticed the address had included the word “search” a couple of days ago when there was a refresh that I had not initiated. I was looking to see the address under normal circumstances. After doing the steps above I don’t see an address bar at all.

I just lost a partially written post (after sharing to my home page and logging back in), BUT it might be unrelated. I pulled the screen up and then down while looking to see if the address bar was there. I pulled so far that the screen manually refreshed and my post was gone.

What I was writing and checking for an address was that I noticed the address had included the word “search” a couple of days ago when there was a refresh that I had not initiated. I was looking to see the address under normal circumstances. After doing the steps above I don’t see an address bar at all.
There’s no address bar when you add it to home and use as an app. Plus the icon looks cool right?

IMG_3543.jpeg

The address bar had the word search in it? That’s strange.

VN Store

Back