Abolish ICE Movement

Both DOEs - the other one hasn't done much good either.

'Ceptin your cat don't come back inside glowing after being out all night chasin' radioactive field mice. Dept. of Energy has many nuclear over sight responsibilities that most of their employees take seriously.
Nuclear medicine isotopes (that save tens of thousands of lives) and isotope research are just part of DOE's pervue.

Every small government supporter should be for this. ICE is a superfluous entity that 9/11 enabled with the creation of DHS. Should get rid of DHS altigether, and if you disagree, you are not a fiscal conservative.

I’m with ya. Send the military to the border.

Reactions: 2 people
'Ceptin your cat don't come back inside glowing after being out all night chasin' radioactive field mice. Dept. of Energy has many nuclear over sight responsibilities that most of their employees take seriously.
Nuclear medicine isotopes (that save tens of thousands of lives) and isotope research are just part of DOE's pervue.

Then run those out of the NRC.

CBP is already flying unarmed MQ-9 Reapers. They need more of them. They are a force multipler for the boots on the ground. More detects and more successful intercepts right at the border. And remeber if you catch them at the border during crossing you can send them right back!

Sad

Reactions: 4 people
Every small government supporter should be for this. ICE is a superfluous entity that 9/11 enabled with the creation of DHS. Should get rid of DHS altigether, and if you disagree, you are not a fiscal conservative.

We are in a post-principal era. The idea of even keeping a guise of having real, fundamental principals is long gone.

We are currently in an unabashed and unapologetic tribal era of politics.

Reactions: 3 people
Top Democratic senator bucks calls to abolish ICE: 'We are always going to need immigration enforcement'

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar on Sunday bucked calls by fellow high-profile Democrats to abolish the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, putting a damper on the far-left proposal that has gained mainstream traction in recent days.

"We are always going to need immigration enforcement," Klobuchar said on ABC's "This Week."

"I think we know that," she added. "We are a major country with major borders, so to me, the issue is what are those policies."

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a potential 2020 presidential candidate, and Mayor Bill de Blasio both advocated abolishing ICE this week. Another possible presidential candidate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, has said that officials should "re-examine" ICE and "think about starting from scratch."

And Massachusetts Senator, Pocahontas, called for "replacing ICE" in a rally on Saturday.

Top Democratic senator bucks calls to abolish ICE: 'We are always going to need immigration enforcement' | Fox News

Reactions: 1 person
It's never going to happen because you and your party keep voting for big-spending RINOs....like Trump, for example.

I dont know how old you are but let me ask you a serious question. Do you honestly believe that our debt can ever get down to even a reasonable level in your lifetime? Every president spends like a drunken Paris Hilton. Its just some do it more than others.

The fact is stealing money from taxpayers and spending it wastefully and irresponsibly is what our government does. We are never going to have a smaller government. We are never not going to have a time where dems and repubs constantly go at each others throats.

Reactions: 4 people
We are in a post-principal era. The idea of even keeping a guise of having real, fundamental principals is long gone.

We are currently in an unabashed and unapologetic tribal era of politics.

Interesting. And secularism is steadily growning. Hmmmm...

I dont know how old you are but let me ask you a serious question. Do you honestly believe that our debt can ever get down to even a reasonable level in your lifetime? Every president spends like a drunken Paris Hilton. Its just some do it more than others.

The fact is stealing money from taxpayers and spending it wastefully and irresponsibly is what our government does. We are never going to have a smaller government. We are never not going to have a time where dems and repubs constantly go at each others throats.

The key is for voters to say it stops now. No more running a deficit without 2/3 congressional approval and 2/3 State Governor approval. Then we chip away at it over time. The debt, at its current level is very problematic but not a death sentence, however if we continue to allow it to grow we are fatally screwed.

Last edited:
The key is for voters to say it stops now. No more running a deficit without 2/3 congressional approval and 2/3 State Governor approval. Then we chip away at it over time. The debt, at its current level is very problematic but not a death sentence, however if we continue to allow it to grow we are fatally screwed.

I agree but what are the chances of that? We have let the federal government turn into a monster that runs nearly every facet of our lives. They are supposed to work for us, thats the way it was set up. But the truly wealthy and elite of this cpuntry changed that a long time ago.

Short of another full blown revolution (and that would likely destroy our society) I just dont see a way anything gets done. As far as the debt goes, I think we have been screwed for awhile. Unless MASSIVE changes happen in our governmental system, we will continue to be screwed.

I agree but what are the chances of that? We have let the federal government turn into a monster that runs nearly every facet of our lives. They are supposed to work for us, thats the way it was set up. But the truly wealthy and elite of this cpuntry changed that a long time ago.

Short of another full blown revolution (and that would likely destroy our society) I just dont see a way anything gets done. As far as the debt goes, I think we have been screwed for awhile. Unless MASSIVE changes happen in our governmental system, we will continue to be screwed.

Agreed. We are screwed. And odds are we won’t begin to fix it until the pain is very real. When that happens I don’t doubt we will fix it. But the pain and misery that leads up to it is going to be very ugly.

Top Democratic senator bucks calls to abolish ICE: 'We are always going to need immigration enforcement'

Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar on Sunday bucked calls by fellow high-profile Democrats to abolish the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency, putting a damper on the far-left proposal that has gained mainstream traction in recent days.

"We are always going to need immigration enforcement," Klobuchar said on ABC's "This Week."

"I think we know that," she added. "We are a major country with major borders, so to me, the issue is what are those policies."

New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a potential 2020 presidential candidate, and Mayor Bill de Blasio both advocated abolishing ICE this week. Another possible presidential candidate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, has said that officials should "re-examine" ICE and "think about starting from scratch."

And Massachusetts Senator, Pocahontas, called for "replacing ICE" in a rally on Saturday.

Top Democratic senator bucks calls to abolish ICE: 'We are always going to need immigration enforcement' | Fox News

So there is at least one Democratic senator with a little common sense.

Reactions: Vol Main

I don't know how old you are but none of this excuses "fiscal conservatives" for repeatedly voting in and turning a blind eye to big spenders.

I don't know how old you are but none of this excuses "fiscal conservatives" for repeatedly voting in and turning a blind eye to big spenders.

The myth of a fiscal conservative is a long one. They are as guilty as Dems. Two party system sucks. We allowed the government to change over time to prevent third party growth.

VN Store

Back