Aaron Hernandez's Home Searched After Killing

Aren't most cases basically circumstantial?

Any good lawyer should be able to create reasonable doubt in almost any murder case where there's no physical evidence or eyewitness testimony. They talked today like there's overwhelming evidence against Hernandez; I hope they've got something that actually points to him pulling the trigger.

I don't know. Dude is on camera with a gun talking about going to get the guy. Then they go get him, he's executed, and they come back home.
It almost takes out the reasonable doubt equation, but common sense and laws don't go together oftentimes.

either somebody did some serious talking, the state uncovered some serious info during search warrants, or they are overreaching with hope

Lol what? Thy have video of them together two hrs before the murder. He destroyed his cell phone and security system. And he hired a cleaning crew the morning after the murder.

And you think they need more info, just for an arrest warrant? We're not even talking conviction, just a warrant?

I don't know. Dude is on camera with a gun talking about going to get the guy. Then they go get him, he's executed, and they come back home.
It almost takes out the reasonable doubt equation, but common sense and laws don't go together oftentimes.

"I swear we were just going to go out there and beat the guy up, teach him a lesson. The for some reason my buddy Fred went crazy, pulled out a gun, and shot him. I panicked and tried to help cover it up because I was worried about my football career." Put even a crappy story like that in the hands of a great defense lawyer up against the typically mediocre lawyers who work for the state and it might be enough, in the absence of any direct evidence or testimony. As you say, common sense sort of has a way of evaporating in the courtroom.

The fact that Herndandez was the only one arrested certainly makes you think that the other two guys are going to testify against him.

Reactions: 1 person
But he had the weapon in the video. So if he tries that defense, the first question will be "why did you bring a gun, if you didn't plan on killing the guy?"

"I swear we were just going to go out there and beat the guy up, teach him a lesson. The for some reason my buddy Fred went crazy, pulled out a gun, and shot him. I panicked and tried to help cover it up because I was worried about my football career." Put even a crappy story like that in the hands of a great defense lawyer up against the typically mediocre lawyers who work for the state and it might be enough, in the absence of any direct evidence or testimony. As you say, common sense sort of has a way of evaporating in the courtroom.

The fact that Herndandez was the only one arrested certainly makes you think that the other two guys are going to testify against him.

You know they singing

You know they singing

It doesn't matter if they do or not at this point. He's the one holding a gun. He's the one telling everyone else the plan. His best bet is to plea for 2nd degree murder. Or maybe make a deal for 25-35 years.

But he had the weapon in the video. So if he tries that defense, the first question will be "why did you bring a gun, if you didn't plan on killing the guy?"

"I thought the other guy might have a gun too."

I'm not claiming it's any kind of a plausible story. I'm just saying that Hernandez's lawyers will probably be a lot better than the guys they'll be going up against, and if there's no murder weapon and no witness testimony, good lawyers have a way of conjuring reasonable doubt up out of thin air.

"I thought the other guy might have a gun too."

I'm not claiming it's any kind of a plausible story. I'm just saying that Hernandez's lawyers will probably be a lot better than the guys they'll be going up against, and if there's no murder weapon and no witness testimony, good lawyers have a way of conjuring reasonable doubt up out of thin air.

He will have a good defense but imo he will be guilty.

It doesn't matter if they do or not at this point. He's the one holding a gun. He's the one telling everyone else the plan. His best bet is to plea for 2nd degree murder. Or maybe make a deal for 25-35 years.

Actually it matters alot. Having a gun proves the gun charges but not murder. Jmo

He will have a good defense but imo he will be guilty.

The fact that A) the cops have already stuck their necks out this far and B) neither of the other two guys has been arrested (that I know of) makes it seem almost certain that they've got something on him that they feel makes it a slam dunk. Testimony, something. Maybe the gun he was videotaped carrying before and after the murder is the same general type as the ones used in the killing and, damningly, isn't any of the guns that they found in his house when they searched it.

Actually it matters alot. Having a gun proves the gun charges but not murder. Jmo

He's on video with a gun saying they are going to go pick this guy up. Then he ends up dead? They don't have to prove that he pulled the trigger, just that he orchestrated the event and that he was the leader.

The bullet casings in the car match the ones at the scene. Dude is done. Goodbye tough guy, have fun in prison whacking it to female correction officers.

I agree hes done but even the casing doesnt provevhe did it. Just proves someone in the car did

makes you wonder how a choir boy like Tebow ended up on a team coached by Urban Meyer

NewsBreaker @NewsBreaker
BREAKING: Source: Ex-@Patriots Aaron Hernandez under investigation for possible connection to 2012 double murder in Boston - @TedDanielFOX25

Looks like he could face even more charges. Too bad they dont have the death penalty in Mass, that is if hes guilty of any of this.

Does Urban Meyer have any responsibility concerning Aaron's behavior? Was he able to get away with "murder" while at Florida? And are we talking about a program that sacrificed character for wins which caused the program to be totally out of control? Just a question.

Saw he has " blood" tattooed on his hand. He wore the red shorts yesterday, could this be gang related?

2nd Man Arrested In Hernandez Murder Case « CBS Miami

Police in Connecticut have arrested a second man they believe is connected to the murder case involving former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez

Police arrested Carlos Ortiz, 27, from Bristol, Connecticut and are holding him on $1.5 million bond, but his charges have not been made public

Does Urban Meyer have any responsibility concerning Aaron's behavior? Was he able to get away with "murder" while at Florida? And are we talking about a program that sacrificed character for wins which caused the program to be totally out of control? Just a question.

He did absolutely kill UT while he was there...............

VN Store

Back