Aaron Douglas Turns to Rap

Now, thàt being said, if AD thinks he and the PUP suad or w/e have a successful future in the industry, THAT qualifies as a poor career decision. Yes I endorse a person following their dreams, but I'm not gonna play in the World Cup, and the quicker I realize that the better.
Posted via VolNation MobileEdit: If my sister was working out in hopes to win the heavyweight title instead of going to work or raising her kids, I'd need to intervene.

Last edited:
I don't mean this to be brash, but I also don't think you, or me, or anyone else on volnation is in a position to tell Aaron Douglas what is a "fine" or "questionable" career decision... We know him as a football players, and so we want to continue to see him as a football player. We hardly have his best interests at heart, we have our best interests at heart (b/c we clearly would be a more talented team with him on there)...

Your wife is actually a great example. It proves that if you work hard that there can be money in anything. But being an accountant doesn't usually require you to dedicate your life 24/7 to accounting, and lead in some cases to shoulder surgery, rehab, etc....If he wants to go play basketball at WKU then go do it.

Only insofar as he views playing Hilltopper basketball as an intrinsically more valuable thing than playing Tennessee football. As a freshman all-American OL, he's got a one in what? 10 or 20? chance to make a life-altering amount of money playing football. As a rapper or a WKU basketball player, he's got a one in at best a thousand chance to command a simliar income. Probably much worse. As I said, it's a good decision only if you don't care about money.

(With one huge exception: if he came out and said that he's not pursuing a football career because of the head injuries that seem to be intrinsic to playing OL, then I'd tip my hat to him and wish him a fond farewell. Having read some of what happens to football players' brains, I wouldn't fault my own son for wanting to steer way clear of the sport. But if that's not the case, and he's just quitting football to rap and play basketball at Western Kentucky.....well, then that's pretty weak.)

Only insofar as he views playing Hilltopper basketball as an intrinsically more valuable thing than playing Tennessee football. As a freshman all-American OL, he's got a one in what? 10 or 20? chance to make a life-altering amount of money playing football. As a rapper or a WKU basketball player, he's got a one in at best a thousand chance to command a simliar income. Probably much worse. As I said, it's a good decision only if you don't care about money.

(With one huge exception: if he came out and said that he's not pursuing a football career because of the head injuries that seem to be intrinsic to playing OL, then I'd tip my hat to him and wish him a fond farewell. Having read some of what happens to football players' brains, I wouldn't fault my own son for wanting to steer way clear of the sport. But if that's not the case, and he's just quitting football to rap and play basketball at Western Kentucky.....well, then that's pretty weak.)

You are right that he has a better chance of being a millionnaire playing football than being a rapper or a baksetball player. But then again, money ain't everything. Anyways, i'm going to bed. best of luck to AD regardless of what he does, bc in all honesty, it doesn't really affect my life that much.

Verc, no slam on you or your wife but I know some pretty miserable people that lived by that logic. I also know some miserable people that lived differently. Point is, neither is nec wrong. One must do what is best for THEMSELVES and their FAMILY (if applicable) in their lives. Period. Both lifestyles are right for different people.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would guess that most of the people you know who have had to make this choice of vocation vs. passion have not had "a high potential of a life-altering amount of wealth" thrown into the equation like Aaron Douglas has.

If Douglas doesn't care about money, then fine. Just like if Eric Berry didn't care about money, he'd be back for another year. I made undergraduate decisions that revolved around what I was passionate about rather than was good at and would make a lot of money, and those turned out to be stupid, ill-informed decisions. Just like the one that Aaron Douglas has made, unless of course he doesn't care about making any money.

I guarantee you, he will regret quitting the football team.

How many players have we watched make this mistake over the years? James Banks, Daniel Brooks, Coker, etc. All of them later said they regretted the choices they made.

He had potential to play in the NFL. To walk away from that is just a waste.

Last edited:
I would guess that most of the people you know who have had to make this choice of vocation vs. passion have not had "a high potential of a life-altering amount of wealth" thrown into the equation like Aaron Douglas has.

If Douglas doesn't care about money, then fine. Just like if Eric Berry didn't care about money, he'd be back for another year. I made undergraduate decisions that revolved around what I was passionate about rather than was good at and would make a lot of money, and those turned out to be stupid, ill-informed decisions. Just like the one that Aaron Douglas has made, unless of course he doesn't care about making ANY money.

Bc he clearly will be either a millionaire or a failure?? For the Love of money is the root of all evil.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Listen, I'm as "white" as they come but even I can see that this is a pretty ignorant and ridiculous post. If you think Dre, Jay-Z, Snoop, 2-pac and some of the other legends aren't talented then you don't know what you are talking about....

And for your argument regarding "computerized click track" I refer you to half of the music industry these days, not just rap. Yeah, there is plenty of bad music out there, but there is enough to go around for all genres. Hell, country singers wear glitter now (rascal flatts)....

That **** isn't country.

aaron douglas is an oober goober. He really doesn't have the heart for football, so it is probably for the better. He will realize like a lot of us that later in life you wish you could hold on and play football.

YO , dont be hating Dawg. AD will be back selling out Neyland soon just not as a football player but as a PLAYA of the rap game laying down mad tracks instead of DL's. dont hate the Playa boys just hate the game....lol...or something like that i think....His decision is obviously his own but it is as ridiculous, in my opinion, as what i just attempted to type above.

I guarantee you, he will regret quitting the football team.

How many players have we watched make this mistake over the years? James Banks, Daniel Brooks, Coker, etc. All of them later said they regretted the choices they made.

He had potential to play in the NFL. To walk away from that is just a waste.

This.

Then again, this is verification of the old adage: "Dress up an idiot, and you end up with a good-looking idiot".

Aaron Douglas is far, far removed from the character, and player, that his father was. Sad.

All the talent in the world will not compensate for a flawed character. Ask Michael Vick, Plax, and the dozens of other (already) pro athletes who pissed it away thanks to an uneducated ego.

AD is just saving some NFL team a ton of money to draft the next flop.

I wish him good luck in his chosen field. Personally, I don't think that will be enough.

Hey, there's always Al Davis and Jerry Jones.....

Go Vols.

He is the artist formerly known as AD now.real pathetic to see a kid throw millions away for something like this

Attachments

• 15001_385777532691_501462691_3749112_4842704_n.jpg
    15001_385777532691_501462691_3749112_4842704_n.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 18
My name is Aaron, I used ta play football
I couldnt make, cause i like da 8 ball

Coach, he say I play like crap
So dis white boy, he turn to rap

wicky-wicky-wicky

He is the artist formerly known as AD now.real pathetic to see a kid throw millions away for something like this

He just followed his dream.. I didn't work out for us,but we can't be mad.. Do ur thang AD We are gonna miss you. Should be able to replace him by game 3.. GO VOLS!!:rock::rock:

So he's not that good. But he's living his dream, if you were doing the same you wouldn't have anything to say

Im patiently waitin for the Waka Flaka & Yo Gotti collabo, OLetDoit AD! :shades: :rock:

:crazy:

VN Store

Back