Aaron Craft

I have nothing personal against Craft. By all accounts, he's a studious, unselfish, and hard working. That said, there's no way in Hell I'd give him a scholarship to play in the SEC. His teammates make him look better than he is. People always overrate the cerebral point guard feeding elite players in AAU settings.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have nothing personal against Craft. By all accounts, he's a studious, unselfish, and hard working. That said, there's no way in Hell I'd give him a scholarship to play in the SEC. His teammates make him look better than he is. People always overrate the cerebral point guard feeding elite players in AAU settings.

Hat, do you think he could be a better pure point guard than what we have now? And I was just curious if you had seen him play in person?

craft's intangibles are what will make him successful..not his athletic ability

I think hat may be off with this guy. I think we are getting a steal.

I meet him at the UT/OSU tourney game. My sister and I sat beside him and his dad. he seemed to be excited about coming to Tennessee.

Vols wait for Goins' signature : Men's Basketball : GoVolsXtra.com

At the end of this article, Griffith makes reference to Craft's strong play at the Boo Williams AAU tournament, and that it will likely drive him up the rankings. I know that Hat follows the AAU scene closely, and I was wondering if anyone has anything more than Griffith's vague reference to his performance.

Is Griffith the same guy that wrote that Mike Hamilton shouldn't pursue Mike Leach as HFC because Tennessee needed "players, not gadgets"?

"Player X has intangibles."=Code for "He can't play dead, but he tries hard."

"Player X has intangibles."=Code for "He can't play dead, but he tries hard."

Maybe. But it's a tough choice between that guy and a guy who has million-dollar talent, but only gives 10 cents worth of effort.

Sure, I'd like to sign a Derrick Rose (or even a C.J. Watson) clone, but those guys don't seem to be standing at our door just yet.

No, it really isn't.

so you'd rather have another Scotty Hopson than an Aaron Craft? given your commentary of Hopson, i'd conclude that you think the upside of motivating a "Hopson" is greater and more do-able than getting the most value from a much less talented but motivated "Craft."

wasn't Paulus the #1 recruit that year? Pretty sure he had some 'tangibles'

in basketball or football? I know he received a lot of bball accolades coming out of HS, but I doubt he was the #1 recruit. don't know about football.

still, in terms of sheer athleticism, it appears he never was quicker or faster or stronger or bouncier or a superior ball handler than his top bball peers. seems he excelled by being athletic enough and (most likely) knowing how to play the game better, and perhaps having the work ethic to match it.

Yes. Hopson might choose to play hard. Craft is always going to be short and relatively slow.

I think one "Craft" on the team isn't a bad idea, especially if he can set a higher standard for effort and focus, no?

I think Craft will be a breath of fresh air. The first time our PG is playing at his true position in a long time.

I think one "Craft" on the team isn't a bad idea, especially if he can set a higher standard for effort and focus, no?
I've never seen quality coaches have any real problem finding talented personnel that plays hard and pays attention. I'm not much on the idea of recruiting mascots.

I think Craft will be a breath of fresh air. The first time our PG is playing at his true position in a long time.
On an SEC roster, Craft's "true position" should be the last seat on the bench before you get to the walkons.

I've never seen quality coaches have any real problem finding talented personnel that plays hard and pays attention. I'm not much on the idea of recruiting mascots.

well, you obviously think he's not talented enough to contribute. you've seen him. i haven't. if he can hang, though, i'm willing to take a guy who doesn't have NBA talent if it means improving the work ethic of the team.

VN Store

Back