Aaron Craft

Yeah, rankings really helped Marques Johnson excel at UT. Look what a great point guard JP Prince has been. We better hope Craft doesn't just skip his senior year and joing Jeremy Tyler in Europe.

JP was filling in at PG due to a lack of solid PG play from our ACTUAL point guards. JP is not a point guard and never claimed to be a true PG. To use that as an point in your biased argument in senseless.

Your post is the equivalent of saying "Look what a great airline pilot Richard Simmons has been." Makes no sense.

For the record - I am not a JP fan at all. I would rather see him ride the pine unless its mop-up duty. But you have to give the kid a fair-shake. (Oh...I am also not a Richard Simmons fan)

JP was filling in at PG due to a lack of solid PG play from our ACTUAL point guards. JP is not a point guard and never claimed to be a true PG. To use that as an point in your biased argument in senseless.

Your post is the equivalent of saying "Look what a great airline pilot Richard Simmons has been." Makes no sense.

For the record - I am not a JP fan at all. I would rather see him ride the pine unless its mop-up duty. But you have to give the kid a fair-shake. (Oh...I am also not a Richard Simmons fan)

JP was rated as a 5* Point Guard coming out of highschool...

Ummm... JP was a point guard in high school and was recruited as a point guard.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think JP transferred to UT to play PG.

I do not think this is a distance factor like he says for his recruitment. I see it as im now the #70 4-star player, I need attention. Just like half the highly recruited players, they want attention. I hope he gives his scholly to someone else who will not resend on their commitment

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think JP transferred to UT to play PG.

Doesn't matter, that wasn't the argument.

It does matter. If he didn't transfer to UT to play PG, then he wasn't a PG and was filling because of the PG play.

It doesn't matter what he played in HS or how Rivals ranked him. He's not a PG and was filling in as a last resort.

I'm just talking about what his role is at UT.

It does matter. If he didn't transfer to UT to play PG, then he wasn't a PG and was filling because of the PG play.

It doesn't matter what he played in HS or how Rivals ranked him. He's not a PG and was filling in as a last resort.

That doesn't make Hat's argument about the uselessness of Rivals and Scout rankings any less true

dickens and I were saying the same thing.

That doesn't make Hat's argument about the uselessness of Rivals and Scout rankings any less true

Actually - Hat was referring to current and past Tenn players and their effectiveness at the position that TENN recruited him at. To my knowledge, Tenn did not recruit JP to play PG. He was relegated to that role here out of necessity/despair due to inept PG play.

So to compare him based on the Point Guard status in High School is irrelevant. Michael Jordan played PG from time to time in NBA. I have yet to hear anyone claim he is the greates PG to ever play the game.

Just because JP played it in high school and may have filled in during a few games doesn't mean he is a true Point Guard and thus should not be criticized for it.

I can see both sides of this argument though.

When all is said and done.........Rivals still suck

Actually - Hat was referring to current and past Tenn players and their effectiveness at the position that TENN recruited him at. To my knowledge, Tenn did not recruit JP to play PG. He was relegated to that role here out of necessity/despair due to inept PG play.

So to compare him based on the Point Guard status in High School is irrelevant. Michael Jordan played PG from time to time in NBA. I have yet to hear anyone claim he is the greates PG to ever play the game.

Just because JP played it in high school and may have filled in during a few games doesn't mean he is a true Point Guard and thus should not be criticized for it.

I can see both sides of this argument though.

When all is said and done.........Rivals still suck

JP was considered a true PG coming out of HS and was recruited to AZ to be a PG.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i would rather take a wing in his place

selby appears to be a solid PG...i think initially we thought he would be a hybrid which he still may be but he has been tearing it up as a PG

VN Store

Back