A tribute to players fighting to get better.

Not sure if you're talking about Gary Danielson (who is a gnat), but, I thought I heard him say not one of our guys would start at Alabama. While probably true, there is no need for a comment like that on national television.
Jmo.....Nothing wrong with saying what he said. It’s his job to describe what he sees. Everyone that watched that game saw it too. Being sensitive doesn’t change things.

I believe that all of the young men are trying their hearts out. It’s just that they are outclassed for the most part. The CBS guys made an interesting comment after yet another bama score. One of the guys said that he doesn’t think that there are more than two or three guys on the whole team who could make it at Alabama. That is telling.

Therein lies the problem
The jimmy’s and the joe’s need replacing, it’s admirable that they are trying there hearts out, but they are just not players that can expect to play at the next level and are not even SEC level players..... they need to be recycled

He said that, thats what irks me. Unprofessional Imo. It may be true, but he shouldn't gloat about it.

Not understanding why some of us are so sensitive to a commentator stating his opinion...which most of us don’t dispute. He has no obligation not to hurt your feelings. The remedy is recruit and get better.

Danielson is annoying and doesn't have too many original thoughts...though granted, is probably made worse by me being aggravated about our play. So, I'm forced to mute and turn on Kesling, which isn't a ton better. Tim gets in some one liners...like "we're keeping 7 in to block and Bama rushes 4, and we didn't even attempt to block them."

Some Vol players avoid contact and should be playing horseshoes, instead of football

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Not understanding why some of us are so sensitive to a commentator stating his opinion...which most of us don’t dispute. He has no obligation not to hurt your feelings. The remedy is recruit and get better.
I'm don't view it terms of being sensitive. I view it in terms of considering that this is a guy on national tv making unnecessary comments about these players. Well. tell me Gary, just what teams do you think these players would start on? Would they be in this conference? Just call the game. That's bad enough.

VN Store

Back