A tribute to players fighting to get better.

LibertyVolance

Despite all the shortfalls, there are some players who are giving 100% plus. At the top of the list is Guarantano. I have defended him. I have criticized him. But this guy is trying for all he's worth to get better and make plays. I don't think there is a single Guarantano hater, no more than there were or are Chryst haters. And I don't think anyone is able to question how hard he is trying and the physical effort he's made. This season he has excelled many times and doesn't seem satisfied. He wants desperately to be better and you can tell by his effort and attitude.

Another player who has overcome his past to give his all this year is Juan Jennings. Whether it is blocking for someone else or fighting for the ball and extra yardage, he is fighting to help this team and get better every game.

Daniel Bituli had to sit out a half for a penalty. Yet, in one half he had as many tackles as most who played the entire game.

There is no doubt that we have some personnel who lack skills and unfortunately some that aren't putting a lot of heart into improving, but I would never want to fail to praise many who are giving their effort and somebody else's too. No one player can carry an entire team on their back, but there are a few who would if they could. This tribute is to them. There is plenty to play for yet. Five games. I hope they run the table.

I believe that all of the young men are trying their hearts out. It’s just that they are outclassed for the most part. The CBS guys made an interesting comment after yet another bama score. One of the guys said that he doesn’t think that there are more than two or three guys on the whole team who could make it at Alabama. That is telling.

I believe that all of the young men are trying their hearts out. It’s just that they are outclassed for the most part. The CBS guys made an interesting comment after yet another bama score. One of the guys said that he doesn’t think that there are more than two or three guys on the whole team who could make it at Alabama. That is telling.

That's not what CJP said.

Reality is that while many, to their credit, are trying hard to improve, it appears they have hit their ceiling for talent potential. I love this team’s effort. I detest their lack of discipline and general lack of ability to play smart football.

The thing that jumps out at me overall about this collective group is that they simply aren’t good enough to hang with the top programs. But there is no excuse in the world or this team not makin a bowl game.

Reactions: njvols
The gauntlet is over and these players would love to go bowling. I'm certain that each and everyone of them will give their all for tennessee each and every game.

The gauntlet is over and these players would love to go bowling. I'm certain that each and everyone of them will give their all for tennessee each and every game.

We still have to play the games and Kentucky is #14 and has beat UF who beat us badly but anything can happen hope for 3 more wins...

Not sure if you're talking about Gary Danielson (who is a gnat), but, I thought I heard him say not one of our guys would start at Alabama. While probably true, there is no need for a comment like that on national television.

Not sure if you're talking about Gary Danielson (who is a gnat), but, I thought I heard him say not one of our guys would start at Alabama. While probably true, there is no need for a comment like that on national television.
He said that, thats what irks me. Unprofessional Imo. It may be true, but he shouldn't gloat about it.

Wow there is a news flash for you. You mean 4 and 5 star players are better than 3 star. Who would have thought?

PS Before I get stoned....In general

Reactions: RollerVol
Reality is that while many, to their credit, are trying hard to improve, it appears they have hit their ceiling for talent potential. I love this team’s effort. I detest their lack of discipline and general lack of ability to play smart football.

The thing that jumps out at me overall about this collective group is that they simply aren’t good enough to hang with the top programs. But there is no excuse in the world or this team not makin a bowl game.
I'm with you. The effort and general improvement week to week is applause worthy (exclude bama).

But, it's the things like lining up for a punt wrong 3 times in a game (UGA), which are on the coaching staff where it continues to happen. Start of second half is perfect example. Chandler completely botches second half kick off (again, on Chandler, but you'd think coaches would tell him to either fair catch or bring it out because all their kicks were purposefully short...that was bizarre). QB gets foot stepped on and Banks gets stupid personal foul. One mistake, made worse by two others...all of them mental errors, which impacted play calling, where I'm sure they wanted to be more aggressive, assuming average field position after a kickoff. Also, instead of building a drive and some momentum, it took the air out of the sails from any half time rally attempt. Can't do that stuff consistently and expect to win.

sure, we have some give their all (as best they can)...just don't have the talent to compete at a Bama level...yet...it's still about getting the very talented jimmies and joes...they make every coach look better...just ask Saban... ;)

GO VOLS!

It's probably hard to find stuff to talk about for that long.

What I find odd his how some folks love when CJP says stuff of similar nature publically but hate it when others do it.

He said that, thats what irks me. Unprofessional Imo. It may be true, but he shouldn't gloat about it.

I don’t think he meant it to be insulting, but instead paint a picture of the chasm between two programs and why we were getting embarrassed all day Saturday. No amount of coaching could overcome that chasm.

I don’t think he meant it to be insulting, but instead paint a picture of the chasm between two programs and why we were getting embarrassed all day Saturday. No amount of coaching could overcome that chasm.
Danielson is annoying and doesn't have too many original thoughts...though granted, is probably made worse by me being aggravated about our play. So, I'm forced to mute and turn on Kesling, which isn't a ton better. Tim gets in some one liners...like "we're keeping 7 in to block and Bama rushes 4, and we didn't even attempt to block them."

Reactions: Jack Burton
Danielson is annoying and doesn't have too many original thoughts...though granted, is probably made worse by me being aggravated about our play. So, I'm forced to mute and turn on Kesling, which isn't a ton better. Tim gets in some one liners...like "we're keeping 7 in to block and Bama rushes 4, and we didn't even attempt to block them."
I know Danielson knows an enormous amount of football. But, as my late beloved Mother-in-law used say, " You don't have to tell all you know! ". I have to turn down the sound when he starts displaying his deviant love for anyone who plays us. I don't have another source for audio that isn't a pain to try to sync up. I sure wish someone would write an app to do that.

I know Danielson knows an enormous amount of football. But, as my late beloved Mother-in-law used say, " You don't have to tell all you know! ". I have to turn down the sound when he starts displaying his deviant love for anyone who plays us. I don't have another source for audio that isn't a pain to try to sync up. I sure wish someone would write an app to do that.
Put on your headphones and play your favorite tunes. I've found that football is just as enjoyable with the sound muted, and quite easy to follow along

What we can ask of our 2018 team is when you slap the "I will give my all for Tennessee" plaque as you enter the tunnel, take the field and give us your all.

Put one of those signs over each gate so all Vol fans can do the same as they enter Neyland Stadium, TBA, and all the sporting venues.
BLUF, Lets get behind, in front, and side by side them all. GO VOLS!!!!

VN Store

Back