A sub-$1000 TV vs a $2000+ TV

I did a bunch of research on a good budget 4k tv and almost every review I read recommended the Vizio M Series. It is not the best tv- it isn't even Vizios top of the line. However, it is a great all around 4k tv for the money.
https://www.vizio.com/tvs/mseries.html

I bought the 43 inch model of this for my apartment last year. The reviews are spot on. This is a great alternative if you can't afford multi thousands for a TV or just don't want to spend that much on one.

I bought the 43 inch model of this for my apartment last year. The reviews are spot on. This is a great alternative if you can't afford multi thousands for a TV or just don't want to spend that much on one.

Glad to hear it. My mom was in the market for a tv and that is what I talked her into getting. I may even end up getting one.

@ Best But for $999:
Samsung - 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV

Or get the 55 inch option for $699.

I was in Best But yesterday looking for something else and ended up[ looking around at the TVs. I swear, I really don't know what more you could want right now that is worth paying twice as much for what you have right here. LG had a few bargains similar to this, also.

while yall are on the subject, I'll ask since there's a bit more knowledge here that what I have. Why would I want a 4k tv? I understand its much better but if providers dont broadcast in 4k nor I have heard anything about it coming, what benefit is it? Will it improve the pic on 1080? I'll hang up and listen

while yall are on the subject, I'll ask since there's a bit more knowledge here that what I have. Why would I want a 4k tv? I understand its much better but if providers dont broadcast in 4k nor I have heard anything about it coming, what benefit is it? Will it improve the pic on 1080? I'll hang up and listen

Even though cable doesn't broadcast in 4k other things like netflix do.

Even though cable doesn't broadcast in 4k other things like netflix do.

But as was mentioned by someone else earlier in the thread, the average eye cannot distinguish the resolution difference between 4k and 2160 or 1080 unless you are standing within inches of the TV screen.

You are 100% accurate in this.
After exhausting research before my last purchase, I read article after article stating the same thing.

For 4K to have any effect, you would basically have to be inches in front of the television.
After a couple of feet, the human eye cannot pick up the difference.

It is nothing more than a way to increase the price point without really giving the viewer that much of a better experience. But I bet as soon as a manufacturer releases an 8k TV, you will have some of the same folks on here screaming about how much better the picture is and what not...

if it was regular tv (cable or sat), I'm sold

if it was sports, I'm sold

just having 4k for Netflix, nah. I like Netflix and enjoy watching shows but its not enough to warrant the extra cost for so little benefit.

VN Store

Back