A Message To The NCAA...

Yep. Don't think that really is a big deal though. Losing a player vs getting 20 seconds to talk doesn't seem like an equal trade imo. But yep, we totally get a few extra calls at home (although studies have shown that it's a universal pattern for all teams).

Unless UNC comes to Knoxville. Or anywhere UK plays. Makes sense why UK has only played 3 true road games pre-conference the past 3 years, with 2 being at Louisville.

Unless UNC comes to Knoxville. Or anywhere UK plays. Makes sense why UK has only played 3 true road games pre-conference the past 3 years, with 2 being at Louisville.

Calipari loves the neutral site games. With more and more freshman every year, he really tries to make it a bit easier. We definitely don't play an easy SOS, but I totally think we should be testing ourselves better against the UNC types. IU was decent until they fell off the map.

I guess this is as good a place as any for this. SEC NOW reporters were laughing at the last play of the A&M UK game. A&M player clearly grabbed and mauled by UK on what would have been game winning layup but announcers chuckling that you won't get that call in Rupp. Is this what we've come to? We have to accept we will get screwed at Rupp and announcers will simply laugh about it? I'm glad I'm not an A&M fan.

I guess this is as good a place as any for this. SEC NOW reporters were laughing at the last play of the A&M UK game. A&M player clearly grabbed and mauled by UK on what would have been game winning layup but announcers chuckling that you won't get that call in Rupp. Is this what we've come to? We have to accept we will get screwed at Rupp and announcers will simply laugh about it? I'm glad I'm not an A&M fan.

That stuff happens all the time in Rupp. Just have to go in with that mindset.

The SEC (the administration), it’s network, and it’s officials are a joke.

Never tried to justify it. Never said we don't get more calls. Simply pointed out the free throw shooting difference in this particular game painted a different picture than the actual situation. Free throw difference was inflated even more because UGA fouling intentionally at the end repeatedly. At least watch the game and use your brain before blindly citing stats.

If it makes you sleep any better believing UK only wins at Rupp because all the refs love us, then good for you.

You are a good poster, but I have watched too many games at Rupp. It's pretty consistent. It's just funny listening to you guys try to defend it every time. When it doesn't go your way, then you have bone heads who flood the official with messages.

It's well-known that many officials bet on games.
So, therein lies the reason for so many bad calls/non-calls.

It's always been rip off rupp arena. They have the best home cookin' there of any place in the sec.

The real question is when will see boycotts and demonstrations based on the namesake of the arena? If we're changing school names and tearing down statues, we better put that place on the list too.

A&M player may have missed those free throws, who knows.

But he was clearly grabbed and should have had the chance to tie or possibly win the game.

I felt sorry for them considering they’ve yet to win an SEC game.

Reactions: 1 person
A&M player may have missed those free throws, who knows.

But he was clearly grabbed and should have had the chance to tie or possibly win the game.

I felt sorry for them considering they’ve yet to win an SEC game.

I wish they would have won, they will be coming to TBA real hungry.

Local associations are looking for good HS refs and umps to help keep the sport going and well officiated. Please feel free to sign up, get some experience and move on up into the college ranks too. The pay is pretty good, too.

I used to love it, but blew a knee and quit. I miss it but don’t think they want a 60 year old. Maybe some younger guys will get in and clean it up a bit. I know we worked hard to be competent. We always said that if both teams complained that the other team was getting all the calls we did a good job. I have great memories and stories.

Reactions: 1 person
You are a good poster, but I have watched too many games at Rupp. It's pretty consistent. It's just funny listening to you guys try to defend it every time. When it doesn't go your way, then you have bone heads who flood the official with messages.

If you know me, I'm probably one of the most objective UK fans you will ever talk to. I call it like I see it. There are have been studies that have shown refs favor home teams. Not just at Rupp, but all over CBB. Add in the fact that UK is usually a team that plays inside (thus drawing more fouls). There's a combination of factors beyond just the refs loving UK. Truth is somewhere in the middle to be fair.

UK fans do the same thing that UT football fans do every single game. Complain about the refs. When you have passionate fans, it happens. And it's not like UK has no right to complain. Exhibit A being Mr. Higgins.

As always the refs take a good game and ruin it on the last play. It should have been called, but UK imo was the better team all night and deserved to win the game. Is that a cop-out? Absolutely. If I'm A&M I would absolutely lose my mind about that.

If you know me, I'm probably one of the most objective UK fans you will ever talk to. I call it like I see it. There are have been studies that have shown refs favor home teams. Not just at Rupp, but all over CBB. Add in the fact that UK is usually a team that plays inside (thus drawing more fouls). There's a combination of factors beyond just the refs loving UK. Truth is somewhere in the middle to be fair.

UK fans do the same thing that UT football fans do every single game. Complain about the refs. When you have passionate fans, it happens. And it's not like UK has no right to complain. Exhibit A being Mr. Higgins.

Therein lies the problem. Sure, there have been individual home games where UT was the beneficiary. But after watching 20 years of games, UT does not get the benefit at home that others have.

It's always been rip off rupp arena. They have the best home cookin' there of any place in the sec.

The real question is when will see boycotts and demonstrations based on the namesake of the arena? If we're changing school names and tearing down statues, we better put that place on the list too.

Its strange that no one really talks about that.

Therein lies the problem. Sure, there have been individual home games where UT was the beneficiary. But after watching 20 years of games, UT does not get the benefit at home that others have.

No idea if this can be proven, or if there is even a way to quantify it, but I imagine better teams typically have less called on them. Teams that don't shoot as many jumpers probably draw more. Are we factoring in intentional foul statistics that can skew numbers slightly?

There's a lot of variables for something that is purely a subjective opinion of fans.

VN Store

Back