7 wins is possible

We're winning out the rest of the way.

And yes I'm including next Saturday.

When will you guys ever learn?

I told yall we would beat Auburn last week and yall acted this way. What happened? I was right. Yall were wrong.

Prepare to be wrong once again.

Wait, let me get this straight. You are doubling down on beating Alabama, and"winning all the way"? Wow the level of delusion is strong with this one. Just make sure you show up here after next week's game. UF is 6-1 and I am not sure we could beat Mizzouri or South Carolina, let alone Georgia.

Wait, let me get this straight. You are doubling down on beating Alabama, and"winning all the way"? Wow the level of delusion is strong with this one. Just make sure you show up here after next week's game. UF is 6-1 and I am not sure we could beat Mizzouri or South Carolina, let alone Georgia.

He takes 100 shots, hits 1 and then says “I told you”. It’s been his shtick for years. He’s very consistent I’ll give him that!

The defense is actually playing good enough to win. The only way we go bowling is if the coaches realize that we are not a power running team. Pass protection and Qb Wr combo is the key. GO VOLS

You have to understand that if we keep passing as we did this weekend , then our power running game will improve. I think that we kept running early in the season , because our pass blocking and QB were just not there yet. JG has improved weekly. In the games proceeding this weekend, plays and audibles were coming in from the sideline. This game, I noted numerous times when he changed the play and called protections and communicated with the running back pre-snap. He wasn't to do that earlier in the season. A lot of our success this weekend was on 50/50 balls , YAC , and some spectacular catches by the receivers. You can live by the sword or die by the sword. Auburn kept the box heavy most of the game , due to that developing power running game, which in term made some one on one match ups possible. Also , the power running game is not going to develop if we don't keep doing it. The coaches are right to strike for a 50-50 balanced offense. Without the run the pass doesn't work. The pass works long enough, the run works better. When teams back out of the box , the run will improve. It's coming . Start passing every snap , the game gets longer and the defense is going to be on the field longer. With no depth, we will be right back to Butch-ball. So tosay I disagree is an understatement

You have to understand that if we keep passing as we did this weekend , then our power running game will improve. I think that we kept running early in the season , because our pass blocking and QB were just not there yet. JG has improved weekly. In the games proceeding this weekend, plays and audibles were coming in from the sideline. This game, I noted numerous times when he changed the play and called protections and communicated with the running back pre-snap. He wasn't to do that earlier in the season. A lot of our success this weekend was on 50/50 balls , YAC , and some spectacular catches by the receivers. You can live by the sword or die by the sword. Auburn kept the box heavy most of the game , due to that developing power running game, which in term made some one on one match ups possible. Also , the power running game is not going to develop if we don't keep doing it. The coaches are right to strike for a 50-50 balanced offense. Without the run the pass doesn't work. The pass works long enough, the run works better. When teams back out of the box , the run will improve. It's coming . Start passing every snap , the game gets longer and the defense is going to be on the field longer. With no depth, we will be right back to Butch-ball. So tosay I disagree is an understatement
Never said don't run but with our current roster I believe it's better to pass and set up the run instead of run get 2 yards or negative 2 yards then pass on 3rd and 10.

So after Bama, I think every game is winnable. Mizzou will prolly be the best offense we will play. Nothing about USC, Vandy have me worried.

Kentucky might be beatup by the time we play or they could be a 2 loss team.... definitely think 6 is gettable.
Maybe but not probable imo. I would expect to be underdogs in every game but Charlotte.
USCe has 2 weeks to rest and prepare for us. That makes the game significantly more difficult.
Vandy has become a bitter rivalry; definitely no freebe.
I think we match up well against KY.
Had Auburn caught the free TD pass in the 4th quarter that anyone would have caught 95% of the time, we could have lost by 1; of course we wouldn't have played as conservative if that happened but they also would have had massive momentum at that point. One game at a time.

Never said don't run but with our current roster I believe it's better to pass and set up the run instead of run get 2 yards or negative 2 yards then pass on 3rd and 10.

I think JG is coming into his own and will be a great QB . He develops every week. This is the first week that he has moved in and out of plays pre-snap and called protections to his running backs . He was operating from the sidelines and looking to them for audibles until this week. He was missing down field until this week, and when they needed a pass from him they rolled the receiver right in front of him crossing the field. This all tells me that he is being managed and developed. This is complicated by the project that is out offensive line. So there is / was a fear of his pre-snap defense recognition, accuracy, decision making, and the hits he would take. I just don't think turning him loose passing would have benefited us. It would have ended in a bunch of interception and him leaving on a stretcher. He is getting it now , single read and check down . He is developing and making tangible progress...but in the prior weeks looked like a 'freshman'. It was wise to try to get him in better down and distance running and to keep him from getting killed as he develops. I would agree with you if we had a proficient passer from the start of the season. An added benefit is to slow the game and keep the defense off the field . They are woefully without depth , and Butch showed us all what a pass happy offense can do to a depleted defense.

I think JG is coming into his own and will be a great QB . He develops every week. This is the first week that he has moved in and out of plays pre-snap and called protections to his running backs . He was operating from the sidelines and looking to them for audibles until this week. He was missing down field until this week, and when they needed a pass from him they rolled the receiver right in front of him crossing the field. This all tells me that he is being managed and developed. This is complicated by the project that is out offensive line. So there is / was a fear of his pre-snap defense recognition, accuracy, decision making, and the hits he would take. I just don't think turning him loose passing would have benefited us. It would have ended in a bunch of interception and him leaving on a stretcher. He is getting it now , single read and check down . He is developing and making tangible progress...but in the prior weeks looked like a 'freshman'. It was wise to try to get him in better down and distance running and to keep him from getting killed as he develops. I would agree with you if we had a proficient passer from the start of the season. An added benefit is to slow the game and keep the defense off the field . They are woefully without depth , and Butch showed us all what a pass happy offense can do to a depleted defense.
Wouldn't a 5 yard pass be better than a 2 yard loss. Either way what ever wins games. GO VOLS

Wouldn't a 5 yard pass be better than a 2 yard loss. Either way what ever wins games. GO VOLS

Possibly , but remember against UF he threw an INT on a screen. Passing into 7 or 8 guys in the box is a disaster for an inexperienced hesitant passer . You can tell he is hesitant because he holds the ball too long, its got to be gone in 2.5 seconds in this offense. He was taking shots downfield occasionally to no effect up until this weekend. That is why they throw the horizontal passes , to keep him from having to throw into the box. I think he has been protected and spoon fed and they turned him loose some. Even though he is improving , he is a long way from a guy that can carry the game with just his arm. I believe he will be that guy by next season !! I think that the last 5 teams on our schedule are going to have to back the safeties out given this week and the running game is going to open up. This may not be how the coaches want to play offense , but the thin defense has really benefited from the longer drives and that may be why they are going the run heavy route.

I am with you though. One of the best weekends I have had . Go Vols

Seriously, Bama could play their worst game ever and we could play our best. And it could be on the same day on the same field.

Not likely but there’s a chance. Say like 1 in 100,000

Think about this: Bama is so good they could play us like we played Florida and still win by 3 TDs.

There aren’t many teams you could say that about.

Possibly , but remember against UF he threw an INT on a screen. Passing into 7 or 8 guys in the box is a disaster for an inexperienced hesitant passer . You can tell he is hesitant because he holds the ball too long, its got to be gone in 2.5 seconds in this offense. He was taking shots downfield occasionally to no effect up until this weekend. That is why they throw the horizontal passes , to keep him from having to throw into the box. I think he has been protected and spoon fed and they turned him loose some. Even though he is improving , he is a long way from a guy that can carry the game with just his arm. I believe he will be that guy by next season !! I think that the last 5 teams on our schedule are going to have to back the safeties out given this week and the running game is going to open up. This may not be how the coaches want to play offense , but the thin defense has really benefited from the longer drives and that may be why they are going the run heavy route.

I am with you though. One of the best weekends I have had . Go Vols
Now you see VOLS can disagree on volnation have a friendly battle then find common ground. Take note people. GO VOLS

That was a king sized bump for ole D4H and his hyperbole. One of these days, he may learn a thing or two about football. Unlike him, I did call UT beating Auburn in Jerdamn-Hair but wasn't going there with Bama, even at Neyland.

We have charlotte, sc, mizzu, vandy, and kentucky left... we beat charlotte. And 2 of the other 4 and we are bowling. 7 wins is with reach rather it is before the bowl game.... or including it. We are trending in the right direction, and hopefully can finish strong.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

44084013_7352180_young_boy_saying_his_bedtime_prayers_xlarge_zps992e2cec.jpg

Reactions: Orangeslice13
9 wins are possible. 9 wins is possible? A 9-win season is possible? That one works best. So is a 4-win season. Probably 5 or 6 though. Could be 7. Don't forget 8.

We're winning out the rest of the way.

And yes I'm including next Saturday.
Not a chance. We can maybe get 3 out of 5 if we improve and play mistake free football, with some help from our opponents along the way. But there’s no way in hell this team is ripping off 5 straight wins to finish the season. Not a chance kid.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
That was a king sized bump for ole D4H and his hyperbole. One of these days, he may learn a thing or two about football. Unlike him, I did call UT beating Auburn in Jerdamn-Hair but wasn't going there with Bama, even at Neyland.

I think he's got a few more bumps coming soon too.

7 wins is not completely out of the realm of possibility. We have improved on both sides of the ball. The rest of our games are winnable. Especially if we can have a few games where we play like we did against AU.

You mean if we play more teams that basically hand us three touchdowns like Auburn did, correct?

VN Store

Back