5 years ago today

Video circulating in last couple of days of Tebow with his 9 year old dog that had to be euthanized. Heart-breaking for any animal lover or Tebow fan. I personally couldn’t watch it. Changed my view of him immensely. Never disliked him as he was one of the best leaders as a college QB. Hated that we could never stop him.

That video took me down!! 😭💔

Video circulating in last couple of days of Tebow with his 9 year old dog that had to be euthanized. Heart-breaking for any animal lover or Tebow fan. I personally couldn’t watch it. Changed my view of him immensely. Never disliked him as he was one of the best leaders as a college QB. Hated that we could never stop him.

Especially when everyone, including those sitting in section QQ knew what they were going to run.

A slight dissent here. Nothing against Tebow really, but I am always suspicious of Elmer Gantry type Christians who market their faith alongside their personal brand. No indication that Tebow is full on EG, as he seems to live a fairly straightforward life, but the way he is nearly sainted by many always amuses me.

His faith is important to him, I get that. But I’m more impressed by Aquinas type Christians who “preach the gospel always, and when necessary, use words” than the kneel and pray in the end zone, paint John 3:16 on your face to get camera time style Christians.

Like I said, Tebow seems like a decent guy and we share the same faith. I don’t use my faith to market my own business. That’s the difference.

A slight dissent here. Nothing against Tebow really, but I am always suspicious of Elmer Gantry type Christians who market their faith alongside their personal brand. No indication that Tebow is full on EG, as he seems to live a fairly straightforward life, but the way he is nearly sainted by many always amuses me.

His faith is important to him, I get that. But I’m more impressed by Aquinas type Christians who “preach the gospel always, and when necessary, use words” than the kneel and pray in the end zone, paint John 3:16 on your face to get camera time style Christians.

Like I said, Tebow seems like a decent guy and we share the same faith. I don’t use my faith to market my own business. That’s the difference.

And he does??

What are you talking about? Dude keeps it about sports when he's competing. He has never forced his beliefs it on any of his teammates.

So he got media coverage for his volunteering in the Philippines. It was a story. Thats how it all started.

watch the documentary about him. He's had love for Christ since he was a little kid.

What was he planning his "brand" then at 5 years old??
You may share the same religion as him, but I question if its the same faith...

And he does??

What are you talking about? Dude keeps it about sports when he's competing. He has never forced his beliefs it on any of his teammates.

So he got media coverage for his volunteering in the Philippines. It was a story. Thats how it all started.

watch the documentary about him. He's had love for Christ since he was a little kid.

What was he planning his "brand" then at 5 years old??
You may share the same religion as him, but I question if its the same faith...

I figured this might touch a nerve. I follow the Aquinas approach. Others broadcast their faith, often to advance their brand. I always find that interesting.

I didn’t question his faith, very interesting you were triggered to jump right to questioning mine. Tebow has been sainted by many. Question that at your peril, I guess.

Have a great day, friend!

VN Store

Back