48-13 And I'm Not That Mad???

It's seeping into my mind that this team has an instilled culture of losing and quitting. I didn't think that until I heard one of our Senior Captains (Reveiz) referencing it when Oregon went up by 2 scores. They just quit because that's what they did under Fulmer for those key points I previously mentioned.

The 2007 Florida game and the 2010 Oregon games are very similar in a lot of aspects (Florida drive was 8 points down and the Oregon drive we were 7 points down... both in the 3rd Quarter) when the Defensive TD occurred. I saw the same exact panic and quit against Oregon.

A young team needs quality Senior team leadership. With these Seniors being the ones who were underclassmen through the 2007 debacles against UF and Bama as well as the 2008 season... can Dooley count on them to provide leadership qualities through the next 10 games?

i've been saying this kind of thing for a while. the thought was this team needed some intangibles.

but, it's hard when you don't have any confidence due to a consistent lack of success. there is a culture of losing right now that dooley has to change. young guys are learning from older guys who haven't done it.

dooley's comment about responding to adversity is dead on. tennessee does not respond well when something goes bad.

i've been saying this kind of thing for a while. the thought was this team needed some intangibles.

but, it's hard when you don't have any confidence due to a consistent lack of success. there is a culture of losing right now that dooley has to change. young guys are learning from older guys who haven't done it.

dooley's comment about responding to adversity is dead on. tennessee does not respond well when something goes bad.
Talent isn;t there to compete with top teams. Nick Reveiz is all heart but shouldn't be a starting middle linebacker at Tennessee. They lack numbers, talent and leadership. Yeah i do agree that after getting beat so many times it becomes expected.

Florida has an immense amount of talent, but they look to be dealing with some "intangible" issues this year as well.

Florida has an immense amount of talent, but they look to be dealing with some "intangible" issues this year as well.

they've played ugly football since the national championship game against oklahoma ended. so, i don't know if there is an "intangible" problem since they figure out how to win.

they are not playing (so far) up to a level that i think they are capable of and i don't know why. maybe it is intangibles. maybe they are not as good as i think they are.

i am starting to believe that urban is conservative at heart and that.....

(1) mullen had the guts to challenge urban about some things and take a little more risk

and

(2) the offense just looked better because they had once in a generation talent in harvin and tebow that took simple plays and made them explosive plays. the "great" florida offenses, were not really all that daring either, but they just made explosive plays.

they lean on special teams, defense, and not making mistakes.

they've played ugly football since the national championship game against oklahoma ended. so, i don't know if there is an "intangible" problem since they figure out how to win.

they are not playing (so far) up to a level that i think they are capable of and i don't know why. maybe it is intangibles. maybe they are not as good as i think they are.

(1) mullen had the guts to challenge urban about some things and take a little more risk

and

(2) the offense just looked better because they had once in a generation talent in harvin and tebow that took simple plays and made them explosive plays. the "great" florida offenses, were not really all that daring either, but they just made explosive plays.

I'd go with #2. Florida may get it together, but gators fans were foolish to think they wouldn't miss Tebow.

and

It's still a level much higher than our current team can even hope to match.

However, I think you're in trouble versus Bama in the SEC CG this year. Saban is the better coach. That's the intangible that is about to surface.

It's seeping into my mind that this team has an instilled culture of losing and quitting. I didn't think that until I heard one of our Senior Captains (Reveiz) referencing it when Oregon went up by 2 scores. They just quit because that's what they did under Fulmer for those key points I previously mentioned.

You just hit the nail squarely on the head.

It's called apathy. If after we lose to Florida next week and you're still not mad then it's official. Love the encouragement by the duck fans that we might beat florida, yeah right, they have more speed than the ducks.
That's exactly what it is. I thought mine had been cured with the removal of the Fulmer tumor, but my symptoms have returned with a vengence.

I wore my Tennessee scrubs into work today and surprised how many AL/AU fans said they were impressed with us. After I regained consciousness, all I could do was smile...(Lost my voice from screaming so much at the game)

VN Store

Back