36 Hours From Hell

Exactly and the other 2 were just being goof balls but it could be a "mutiny" haha

Just in case you didn't know, here is a definition of mutiny:

*refuse to obey the orders of a person in authority*

I'd say if the 3 guys mentioned were obeying the rules, then none of the incidents would have happened. So again, I understand the points being made by the OP.

Reactions: 1 person
First - can the season get here ANY FASTER !!!
Second - Butch's "lack of control" or the "culture shock" does not concern me as much as where is the upper class men leadership...so far this team has not shown that as much as last year's team...this will be our undoing this year

Did anyone else notice that mosleys dui was from pot? That ain't gonna hold up in court. But more importantly, he must have admitted to the police he'd smoked. In now more concerned about his iq than his recovery. What an idiot. He should know tonot ever admit aanything to the police. He should also known kpd hates us. Just ask aj or vp

I'd say if the 3 guys mentioned were obeying the rules, then none of the incidents would have happened. So again, I understand the points being made by the OP.

You read the full definition and the widely accepted concept reads "a concerted effort by an ORGANIZED GROUP of people to defy orders or resist discipline". Based off mutine "to rebel", you could technically say that's what JM did, but when we use mutiny it absolutely denotes ORGANIZED rebellion. No one's making that leap...are they? :hmm:

Second - Butch's "lack of control" or the "culture shock" does not concern me as much as where is the upper class men leadership...so far this team has not shown that as much as last year's team...this will be our undoing this year

I disagree. This team has lots of leaders. There's just more guys that need to be led. When the younger guys start to buy into the system and trust that leadership, then the chemistry will be built and the potential of the team will be on display. Hopefully that does happen sooner rather than later.

See you next year...I'm still watching this one. :wavey:

OR...perhaps there is no deeper social issue at all and it's simply young kids who have new found freedoms, in a world where they get luxuries and attention they aren't used to, "spreading their wings" and doing stuff most other kids do. Only difference is that they're in the spotlight.
Not everything has to be some deep seeded issue.

Couldn't agree more.. Unfortunately, in this insane politically correct world some are leading us into, EVERYTHING must be over analyzed and diagnosed as stemming from some deep seeded issue...

It really suxxxx...

Devaun Swafford - that sucks. All his hopes and potential football dreams crushed. I bet this is a really hard time for him.

Charles Mosely - you are an idiot. You play for the Tennessee Vols, something that most people can only dream of. And you could possibly be on one of the best teams in history w/in the next couple years. Weed? Really? How do you get a wreckless driving while smoking weed? Just ridiculous. Time to man up.

Justin Martin- You are way too young to be talking back to CBJ...or any authority figure really. Stop being a disrespectful punk, keep your mouth shut and focus on playing ball and getting good grades. I believe some stadium runs should give you some time to think about how funny it was to talk back to the head coach.

Jocquez Bruce - Get an alarm clock! Go to class! Stop being lazy. Again, stadium runs will help.

Allvol123, stop being a dick. If JP, a retired Army vet, is posting to vol nation as well as a modern day journalist, I'd say that is pretty talented since he has no journalism experience whatsoever. Your posts are not informative, judgemental, and condescending. And you have 25 f***ing thousand of them!

Reactions: 3 people
You read the full definition and the widely accepted concept reads "a concerted effort by an ORGANIZED GROUP of people to defy orders or resist discipline". Based off mutine "to rebel", you could technically say that's what JM did, but when we use mutiny it absolutely denotes ORGANIZED rebellion. No one's making that leap...are they? :hmm:

That's not how I took the original post's meaning. Could be my mistake as there is no "concerted effort by an organized group. . ." But since the more applicable definition of mutiny makes sense to OP's examples, then I don't think it's fair to mock the poster.

Did anyone else notice that mosleys dui was from pot? That ain't gonna hold up in court. But more importantly, he must have admitted to the police he'd smoked. In now more concerned about his iq than his recovery. What an idiot. He should know tonot ever admit aanything to the police. He should also known kpd hates us. Just ask aj or vp

I question your IQ, not Mosley's.

That's not how I took the original post's meaning. Could be my mistake as there is no "concerted effort by an organized group. . ." But since the more applicable definition of mutiny makes sense to OP's examples, then I don't think it's fair to mock the poster.

I haven't mocked him...usually love his contributions. Just a LITTLE hysteria in the OP of this thread tho...especially based off vague info by Mueller. :pilot:

Kristy's absolutely right.

Never meant to say there were 50 kids skulking around below decks with daggers in their teeth waiting to toss Butch into the Tennessee River. Gotta grow past the Pirates of the Caribbean version of the word "mutiny."

If two or three or more members of the team are a posse, or a clique, or whatever they want to call themselves, and are reinforcing each other's bad habits, giving values that are counter to Butch's direction a place to fester, that's rebellion. Doesn't have to be capital R, George Washington crossing the Delaware rebellion, even a small pocket of resistance to Butch's direction hurts the team.

Hopefully there's no group reinforcement of this sort. Only wondering about it because three incidents occurred in 36 hours.

Again, if you know for a fact this isn't happening, great. Say so clearly.

I personally hope it's not happening at all.

Kristy's absolutely right.

Never meant to say there were 50 kids skulking around below decks with daggers in their teeth waiting to toss Butch into the Tennessee River. Gotta grow past the Pirates of the Caribbean version of the word "mutiny."

If two or three or more members of the team are a posse, or a clique, or whatever they want to call themselves, and are reinforcing each other's bad habits, giving values that are counter to Butch's direction a place to fester, that's rebellion. Doesn't have to be capital R, George Washington crossing the Delaware rebellion, even a small pocket of resistance to Butch's direction hurts the team.

Hopefully there's no group reinforcement of this sort. Only wondering about it because three incidents occurred in 36 hours.

Again, if you know for a fact this isn't happening, great. Say so clearly.

I personally hope it's not happening at all.

Yeah...IT AIN'T A FACT! :yess:

I haven't mocked him...usually love his contributions. Just a LITTLE hysteria in the OP of this thread tho...especially based off vague info by Mueller. :pilot:

Yes, and my reply with the definition of mutiny was to a poster who did mock him. JP made some good points. I felt like people should either join in the discussion or go to a different thread. I know I'm new here, but I don't understand why some people are so critical. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM.

this happens everywhere. I don't even care to throw it out there that i work at another school in this conference. You know what the difference is between here (and most other sec towns) and knoxville? The media and cops do not protect the program.

There is so much that happens still that doesn't get to the fans. The coaches will deal with it and things will be fine. These are 18-22 year old college students. They're going to do stupid things.

^ this

Yes, and my reply with the definition of mutiny was to a poster who did mock him. JP made some good points. I felt like people should either join in the discussion or go to a different thread. I know I'm new here, but I don't understand why some people are so critical. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM.

You get carried away, you get slapped down on here...I HAVE! :wavey: Good learning thread. :)

Yah, Butchna, I don't think I've gotten carried away (and I know Kristy hasn't).

I'm a huge student of leadership. Been practicing it all my adult life. Like anything you do as a professional, you never stop learning, never stop studying it. So if I'm at fault in this thread, it's the fault of wanting to look closely at Butch's current leadership dilemma, wondering about the shape and extent of it, and being curious about how he and his cadre of leaders (both coaches and upperclassmen) respond to it.

I am intensely curious, in this way. And it does go beyond even wanting the best for the Vols (though that is 100% true, for me and just about everyone else on these boards).

*shrug* if studying leadership challenges isn't your thing, I'm all for you ignoring this thread (this is a general "you" at this point, Butchna, not you specifically). I'm just watching and wondering and learning, while hoping for the best for the team.

All of what I'm about to post is from TOS...

Charles Mosley incident happens...Later, Butch is speaking to the team as a whole explaining the seriousness of the situation, how dumb it was and how . Justin Martin makes a comment back to Butch and as Butch starts to go back with Justin, JRM and Curt Magitt get in his face. Butch has "release papers" signed immediately to show Justin Martin how serious he is and that he won't jeopardize anything for this team. Martin then works out with the team and everything is ok.

I don't think it was that big of a deal. It was more of a statement to the team than directly to Martin.

If any of this is untrue or if you've heard differently then please feel free to correct this.

The way you posted makes it sound like Magitt and Reeves Maybin got in Jones face not Martins. Is that what meant? My understanding is they confronted Martin.

Is this a serious post?
9416101.jpg

Yah, Butchna, I don't think I've gotten carried away (and I know Kristy hasn't).

I'm a huge student of leadership. Been practicing it all my adult life. Like anything you do as a professional, you never stop learning, never stop studying it. So if I'm at fault in this thread, it's the fault of wanting to look closely at Butch's current leadership dilemma, wondering about the shape and extent of it, and being curious about how he and his cadre of leaders (both coaches and upperclassmen) respond to it.

I am intensely curious, in this way. And it does go beyond even wanting the best for the Vols (though that is 100% true, for me and just about everyone else on these boards).

*shrug* if studying leadership challenges isn't your thing, I'm all for you ignoring this thread (this is a general "you" at this point, Butchna, not you specifically). I'm just watching and wondering and learning, while hoping for the best for the team.

As previously stated by mois, I usually like and respect your contributions. They're USUALLY well-thought out and provoking. I think after Mueller's drive by, you let emotion overtake you...resulting in this thread. These were individual knucklehead actions, not an organized subversive group. ANY kind of organization would be a boon to this loose group of hot headed alpha male, gentle giant who likes the movie Friday too much and the overachiever who kept the alarm his ex-GF gave him for Christmas. If anything, after last night's action we got a taste of the self-police in the locker room last night. You don't think Hurd, Kelly and K-Mac took mental notes from that JRM/Maggitt display? It'll end up a good thing...trust me...I'm a fake expert. :)

These were individual knucklehead actions, not an organized subversive group. ANY kind of organization would be a boon to this loose group of hot headed alpha male, gentle giant who likes the movie Friday too much and the overachiever who kept the alarm his ex-GF gave him for Christmas.

If anything, after last night's action we got a taste of the self-police in the locker room last night. You don't think Hurd, Kelly and K-Mac took mental notes from that JRM/Maggitt display? It'll end up a good thing...

I hope you're right about the first point, and really hope you're right about the second. I have more faith in the second. :good!:

VN Store

Back