36 Hours From Hell

Looks like there will be more room for those five-star recruits Butch wants to bring in.

GO VOLS!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzX_K9pX3X0[/youtube]

Discussing Philosophy or politics on VN will generally get you where? Yes, thank You,
36 Hours From Hell

Heh, I'm no journalist.

I'm describing how the situation looks from the outside, to those of us with zero access. Stop me when I say something untrue. Three different guys get in trouble in the program within 36 hours. They're all younger guys, all in the program a year or less. Their actions are directly contrary to the culture Butch is trying to instill in the program. Add to those Devaun's medical news, and Butch and his coaching staff have had a rough 36 hours to deal with. All factual so far? Because that's 90% of the original post.

It certainly makes an outsider ask (not claim, not insist, simply ask) if there are any links between those players' actions. That's the other 10%.

If that's the 10% you have problems with, you're in one of two positions: you are either a fellow outsider who would prefer to stick his head in the sand about whether there's a larger social issue involved, or you're an insider with information that could answer that question one way or the other.

If you're on the inside, or you have direct access to the folks on the inside, do tell. Explain how the OP is wrong. Describe what's really going on among the young players who found ways to get themselves into trouble over a 36 hour period. Those of us without our "fingers on the pulse" would love to know the truth of it. Not for thrills or chills, but because we care about the team and the program, and want it to be healthy and successful. So please, do explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, the most concerning part of all this is a kid that gets into a shouting match with our head coach at a team meeting after being here, what, a couple of weeks? That's got head case written all over it. Hope he's gone.

Reactions: 3 people
Honestly, the most concerning part of all this is a kid that gets into a shouting match with our head coach at a team meeting after being here, what, a couple of weeks? That's got head case written all over it. Hope he's gone.

Exactly and the other 2 were just being goof balls but it could be a "mutiny" haha

OP I think there is some truth to what you said, but I doubt the players are binding together to push back against CBJ. I'd just chalk it up to individual growing pains.

• Wednesday evening -- VN's Bob Mueller reports Justin Martin got in heated exchange with Coach Jones during team meeting, might be gone from program (given release papers, but situation not yet 100% irreversible)

Where did you hear this? I know there are rumors on TOS and some are referring to his twitter account? However, he was at the late night workout last night and posted a picture of him with 4 other players at about midnight.

Just wondering where you heard this...

Where did you hear this? I know there are rumors on TOS and some are referring to his twitter account? However, he was at the late night workout last night and posted a picture of him with 4 other players at about midnight.

In this thread, 08:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/240664-justin-martin-possibly-gone.html

It evolved over the course of yesterday evening. You'll see that evolution when you read through the thread.

I love how is says Bob Meuller reports lol

In this thread, 08:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/240664-justin-martin-possibly-gone.html

It evolved over the course of yesterday evening. You'll see that evolution when you read through the thread.

Gotcha. Thanks, JP.

I don't know Muller and I don't get on here enough to know his history, but I don't think there's anything to worry about here. There are folks in the GQ that would be all over an incident like this and there's nothing.

Heh, I'm no journalist.

If you're on the inside, or you have direct access to the folks on the inside, do tell. Explain how the OP is wrong. Describe what's really going on among the young players who found ways to get themselves into trouble over a 36 hour period. Those of us without our "fingers on the pulse" would love to know the truth of it. Not for thrills or chills, but because we care about the team and the program, and want it to be healthy and successful. So please, do explain.

OR...perhaps there is no deeper social issue at all and it's simply young kids who have new found freedoms, in a world where they get luxuries and attention they aren't used to, "spreading their wings" and doing stuff most other kids do. Only difference is that they're in the spotlight.
Not everything has to be some deep seeded issue.

All of what I'm about to post is from TOS...

Charles Mosley incident happens...Later, Butch is speaking to the team as a whole explaining the seriousness of the situation, how dumb it was and how . Justin Martin makes a comment back to Butch and as Butch starts to go back with Justin, JRM and Curt Magitt get in his face. Butch has "release papers" signed immediately to show Justin Martin how serious he is and that he won't jeopardize anything for this team. Martin then works out with the team and everything is ok.

I don't think it was that big of a deal. It was more of a statement to the team than directly to Martin.

If any of this is untrue or if you've heard differently then please feel free to correct this.

Reactions: 3 people
OR...perhaps there is no deeper social issue at all and it's simply young kids who have new found freedoms, in a world where they get luxuries and attention they aren't used to, "spreading their wings" and doing stuff most other kids do. Only difference is that they're in the spotlight.
Not everything has to be some deep seeded issue.

Congrats, one of the better posts.....is everything always black and white?

VN Store

Back