35 plays ran in 3 Quarters

Milton gave up 9 of 13 third downs with 6 of them being 5+ yards to go? Milton gave up 13 plays of 15+ yards? Defense is still key to win, and this one can't even be called garbage because that's giving garbage a bad name. While Milton hasn't been THE reason for a win, he sure as hell hasn't been THE reason for a loss.
I've been the biggest critic of our defense, esp the secondary. But the offense has some duty to stay on the field and sustain some drives and keep the ball out of Georgia's hands. Scoring some points during the early part of the game has a big impact on the momentum of the game..

Single digit points last week and only 10 this week does have something to do with it. Both sides have issues, but competent qb play that a team can be confident in would have made a huge difference this season.

The defense is on the field way too much. That’s on the offense and the ridiculous amount of 3 & outs.

Reactions: volfeeva
Correct. Hence the lower point total.
It was a close game last week at the half, then the wheels fell off after more 3 & outs in the second half. Not sure how some aren’t seeing this. 12 of Milton’s 14 completions were 6 yards or less. Then we try two run plays and opposing defenses are stacking the box which results in not many first downs unless Wright gets lucky and finds a hole. Same crap all year.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
I disagree, his lack of offensive leadership have caused us losses. We play fast and play bend don’t break defense. If we aren’t scoring Atleast FGs, that leads to extra pressure on D. While I think Martinez needs replaced, I can place blame on Milton as well.

If he leads the offense to score points, I think the defense starts to bow up even more. They have nothing to play for once down 21 points and we trot Milton out again for another 3-out. Wish D did have more pride though
I’m lost on why you disagree. I said “competent qb play that a team can be confident in would have made a huge difference this season.” That’s leadership.

Reactions: Orange931
Single digit points last week and only 10 this week does have something to do with it. Both sides have issues, but competent qb play that a team can be confident in would have made a huge difference this season.
I started a thread about it. Tennessee has 13 games the last 3 years giving up 30+ points. 3-10 in those. Bama (6, 1-5) and Georgia (3, 2-1) COMBINED have less than that in that same time. Being accepting of HAVING to get in a shootout is a terrible approach and one that is doomed to fail. 5 games have been lost where they scored 21+. There are 6 losses where even if they scored 21 it would not have been enough. Of those 6, in only 1 would 28 points been enough. That's a defensive only problem. Just changing the QB, like so many delusional people think, would not have automatically made this a 10+ win season.

Milton gave up 9 of 13 third downs with 6 of them being 5+ yards to go? Milton gave up 13 plays of 15+ yards? Defense is still key to win, and this one can't even be called garbage because that's giving garbage a bad name. While Milton hasn't been THE reason for a win, he sure as hell hasn't been THE reason for a loss.

I disagree, his lack of offensive leadership have caused us losses. We play fast and play bend don’t break defense. If we aren’t scoring Atleast FGs, that leads to extra pressure on D. While I think Martinez needs replaced, I can place blame on Milton as well.

If he leads the offense to score points, I think the defense starts to bow up even more. They have nothing to play for once down 21 points and we trot Milton out again for another 3-out. Wish D did have more pride though

I started a thread about it. Tennessee has 13 games the last 3 years giving up 30+ points. 3-10 in those. Bama (6, 1-5) and Georgia (3, 2-1) COMBINED have less than that in that same time. Being accepting of HAVING to get in a shootout is a terrible approach and one that is doomed to fail. 5 games have been lost where they scored 21+. There are 6 losses where even if they scored 21 it would not have been enough. Of those 6, in only 1 would 28 points been enough. That's a defensive only problem. Just changing the QB, like so many delusional people think, would not have automatically made this a 10+ win season.
Correct. That’s why both sides of the ball had issues as I said.

Giving up points on 4 of the 5 1st half drives and 6 of the first 8 of the whole game is not "bend don't break", that's fractured in 5 places.

I agree that the fault is on CJH. His coordinators, his plays, his choice of QB.

This doesn’t mean I think he’s beldar 2.0, but it definitely gives me some pause.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
We should be playing Nico in bowl game. Let Milton "prepare for the draft" and let the Nico era begin.

Milton is the most frustrating QB ever. Definitely better than JG; he'll make some big plays, but he constantly struggles to move the chains, overthrows too often, and just doesn't have the intangibles to be an elite QB.

Tbf, we probably weren't winning today with all the injuries anyway. We were outmatched in the secondary. 2 of our best WRs were out. But so many times with "3rd and short" and a wide open man that Milton doesn't convert. That's what drives me crazy.

Reactions: volfeeva
The defense is on the field way too much. That’s on the offense and the ridiculous amount of 3 & outs.
Gave up 6 first downs, 3 of them being 3rd downs on the first 2 UGA possessions. That's on the defense, not the offense at that point in the game.

Gave up 6 first downs, 3 of them being 3rd downs on the first 2 UGA possessions. That's on the defense, not the offense at that point in the game.
What about the whole game? It’s a 60 minute ballgame. Time of possession for opposing teams is well in their favor.

VN Store

Back