2nd-year surge: Carlin Fils-aime

If CFA was hurt this spring that's the first that I have heard of it, so I'm not sure if he was hurt or not. My information is second hand from outside coaches that have seen him at practice and in scrimmages. They certainly question if he has the ability to be the second RB for UT this fall. He isn't built like an SEC RB.

I watched him closely in the spring game and IMHO he clearly isn't ready, he needs to get bigger, and stronger to be effective. Going into fall camp UT has one proven RB on the roster and 3 freshman RB's who look like better prospects than CFA.

Your second hand information must not be that good if you didn't hear about CFA fighting an ankle injury at all in the spring. He was 50/50 going into the spring game.

Your second hand information must not be that good if you didn't hear about CFA fighting an ankle injury at all in the spring. He was 50/50 going into the spring game.

IIRC, they didn't think he would participate but he pushed for it.

Where did you read that ? Link ?

Based on what I read, (the article in this thread), coaches are apparently very high on Carlin Fils Aime !!

Your turn to cite your article !!

It was all over VQ during the spring from the mods. They even still mention it in their weekly podcast from time to time.

No reason to be a Richard noggin, especially since it had already been covered.

This is how it's done.:thumbsup:

using butchna as an example of taking the high road?

wth is going on around here???:eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
He'll contribute, and seems we've got some good talent at RB, though much unproven, much like rest of team. I just hope we learned from the past, and give the guy(s) with the most talent the most touches...unlike last year, when it took Hurd bolting before we made Alvin the workhorse. There's room for 3-4 contributors, but need 2 prime RB's.

Perhaps I read this wrong but when I see "most talent" I think most athletic or most likely to make a big play without consideration for likelihood of making a bad play. Take CFA causing a fumble in the SC game. Perhaps we would have been better off with a senior walkon RB that knows how to run the play and doesn't cause a fumble. I don't blame CFA he did the best he could. I just take a more experienced more reliable player in a critical situation.

I believe CBJ was trying to do the best for the program while playing Hurd ahead of Kamara. Had Hurd set a new UT rushing record he could have had Kamara as the top back going into this season. And would have been able to recruit elite backs for years to come. Obviously it didn't workout.

Doug Mathews said CFA doesn't seem to have the wiggle. May be like Vando Davis years ago, fast but not an effective back.

I sure hope Chandler is a much better RB than Fils-amie, because Fils-aime hasn't impressed at all, just possibly the opposite, don't you think?:p

Reactions: 1 person
It won't be much of battle as Chandler is bigger, and faster than CFA.

And with a years less college experience. Don't get me wrong, I saw chandler play several times in high school and he's a hoss but 'tis is a big jump. As with so may previous players, lets temper expectations

VN Store

Back