25th Amendment

Reactions: 1 person
Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

This 30% quote has already been debunked. Keep trying though.

If reports are correct that he is going around the WH saying he hates everyone, and it looks like he is unraveling and losing it, and he's incompetent when it comes to nukes, they'll find the votes.

The reports are published by people who are guessing nothing based in fact

Why should FEMA be any place for years? Building local infrastructure is a local problem, and it needs to account for local problems. Rebuilding what wasn't done or maintained properly in the first place is not a national problem.

If I don't choose to build on a beach, enjoy the balmy weather, watch sunrises or sunsets over an ocean because I understand that makes me vulnerable to a hurricane, then why should I pay for a government agency to fix the problems for someone who likes the location when the weather is good?

Emergency relief should be just what it says - not a long term building/rebuilding program. The same goes for cities that outgrow resources or fail to stop growth in areas prone to flooding; there's simply far too little personal responsibility and accountability these days.

I'm stating the fact of the matter, not making a statement about what FEMA's role should be.

You're probably right. It isn't likely. But we don't know where the bottom is for Trump. His behavior is outside the norm and in many ways getting worse. It's possible this man's grasp on reality could slip away. It may become necessary to remove him.

😂😂😂

Speaking of losing your grasp on reality...

All that FEMA stuff should have been removed after about 2-3 years in Louisiana, you had people living in FEMA trailers and not moving on with their life - sucking off the utter. As far as getting people basic stuff, I think that is good for immediate assistance - the problem with Puerto Rico from what I have heard from friends, its pretty much a crap hole. I have only been to San Juan for a few hours, I had a blast there.

They (PR) is mismanaged, giving them more is not going to fix their issue -- it will compound them. I haven't been near East New Orleans, my bet, it's still a crap hole. Its not everyone's problem that people live in a freaking flood plain with no insurance. Expecting someone else to turn your crap hole into Beverly Hills is freaking insane.

Basic stuff is what they need, other stuff is what they want -- nobody owes them that. Louisiana should have never gotten everything they did, they owe the rest of the country a huge thank you. imo

I'm not making a judgment call about what FEMA should do, but responding to AirVol's question.

Meh. Short term embarrassment to the Republican brand is worth saving us from Trump. Easy trade, imo.
You are thinking short term alright. The problem is that you open the door for this happening in the other direction. Hell, just think if Hillary would have gotten in there, you could easily make the case (based on her fainting spell at 9/11 event last year) that Hillary is unfit.

This is a dangerous game to even consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
No, I'm not, I wasn't, and thought him a grotesque candidate independently of my political leanings. My only hope was that he wouldn't be the embarrassment of a president that he was as a candidate...oh, well....

If folks like Bannon and Limbaugh are panning you, that's trouble for D. Trump. And if you think it just media and establishment Repubs dogging him:
Fewer than nine months into President Donald Trump’s White House tenure, a Morning Consult survey in all 50 states indicates that voters have grown bearish on his performance in office.

Trump has failed to improve his standing among the public anywhere — including the states he won handily as the Republican nominee during the 2016 presidential election, according to the online survey, which was based on interviews of 472,032 registered voters across each state and Washington, D.C., from Trump’s Jan. 20 inauguration to Sept. 26.

The negative swings in net approval ranged from as high as 30 percentage points in solidly blue Illinois and New York to as low as 11 points in red Louisiana. But in many of the states Trump easily carried last year — such as Tennessee (-23 percentage points), Mississippi (-21 points), Kentucky (-20 points), Kansas (-19 points) and Indiana (-17 points) — voters have soured on the president in 2017.
Trump Approval Dips in Every State, Though Deep Pockets of Support Remain

He's self-immolating.

I would think that after the last election anyone with a pulse would be very leery of polls.

You are thinking short term alright. The problem is that you open the door for this happening in the other direction. Hell, just think if Hillary would have gotten in there, you could easily make the case (based on her fainting spell at 9/11 event last year) that Hillary is unfit.

You know that this only applies to non-liberal presidents. Talks of this nature when a liberal is president makes you a racist, sexist, treasonous bigot.

Reactions: 2 people
You know that this only applies to non-liberal presidents. Talks of this nature when a liberal is president makes you a racist, sexist, treasonous bigot.

And that's just for starters. Questions about decreasing IQ from what was considered perilous to begin with and a lineage traced back to dogs and other non-human life forms are next.

They continue to ignore the "other side" of their argument. A classic case of be careful what you wish for.

The death of the republic will resound with the sound of applause.

VN Store

Back