2025 Recruiting

IMO neither Jewel nor TK would look to transfer either. Jewel's stated goal is to get to the W and she's at program with 4 straight first rounders.
Jewell isn't getting drafted in the first round...maybe not even the secound round...unless she starts showing up for the big games. The SC and LSU games are pretty damning for her WNBA prospects.

She's at a program with 4 straight first rounders, but I question if the players were top 10 picks because of what they demonstrated in college or what their perceived potential was. I think they all would have been first round picks regardless of what school they went to (Burrell may be the exception, but she had three mediocre years with a very good junior year sandwiched in between).

Yes. That's part of the new landscape and what football just did. Decide who to pay to stay as well as who to pay to play. I think it will take a bit for the level of the free agency $ to get to big levels for WBB, esp for the players you mentioned who all have limited eligibility left. But a tippy top level like JuJu will make bank this spring. And every coach is looking at eternal, nonstop recruiting, both of your current players and new ones.

BTW not Powell, she's gone. Maybe meant Wells? Going nowhere due to the injury. IMO neither Jewel nor TK would look to transfer either. Jewel's stated goal is to get to the W and she's at program with 4 straight first rounders.
Does TK want to go to the W?

The improvements she’s made this year have been remarkable. Very curious to see what she could look like next year after a full summer of training.
It’s not an accident that LSU post players struggled offensively around the rim. Even this version of Key is still good enough to alter most shots in the paint. The thing a GM would worry about is her motor/drive, which another year of college and getting back into game shape would do wonders for her. She will come back next year if she wants a stab at the W.

Jewell isn't getting drafted in the first round...maybe not even the secound round...unless she starts showing up for the big games. The SC and LSU games are pretty damning for her WNBA prospects.

She's at a program with 4 straight first rounders, but I question if the players were top 10 picks because of what they demonstrated in college or what their perceived potential was. I think they all would have been first round picks regardless of what school they went to (Burrell may be the exception, but she had three mediocre years with a very good junior year sandwiched in between).
As for Jewell, any player that makes a roster in the WNBA needs to be a very good defensive player, it’s not optional except for a few really gifted offensive players. Jewell has a lot of work to do on the defensive side. She will be back also.

Last edited:
The improvements she’s made this year have been remarkable. Very curious to see what she could look like next year after a full summer of training.
TK has to work on her outside shot as all Bigs in the W can shoot 15 footers and make them consistency. I don't know who the post player coach is, but working on this should have been a priority to make her better. I know she lost a year, but I haven't seen any evidence that she has worked on this.

TK has to work on her outside shot as all Bigs in the W can shoot 15 footers and make them consistency. I don't know who the post player coach is, but working on this should have been a priority to make her better. I know she lost a year, but I haven't seen any evidence that she has worked on this.
It’s on the players to put the work in, not all players strive for greatness.

She can make the shot made one in the last game. 1 of 1. She seldom takes it, but she is really good from that distance. I wish she would try more of them in a game.

She can make the shot made one in the last game. 1 of 1. She seldom takes it, but she is really good from that distance. I wish she would try more of them in a game.
She started to show that more her junior year. I imagine as she gets healthier she could start to work it back into her game more.

Never understood the reluctance to shooting this shot for any BB player....It's a foul freaking shot for X sake,,,the most practiced range-shot in all of basketball

The athletic department has finally sent an email to all Lady Vol season ticket holders about membership in the Lady Vol Boost Her Club!

I'll post the link here for all of you non-season ticket holders that have been posting often about our recruiting shortcomings so you can put your money where your mouths are...

The athletic department has finally sent an email to all Lady Vol season ticket holders about membership in the Lady Vol Boost Her Club!

I'll post the link here for all of you non-season ticket holders that have been posting often about our recruiting shortcomings so you can put your money where your mouths are...

You never miss a chance to humble brag on yourself.

Just a simple, here’s the link to help

This has nothing to do with me - just pointing out to you guys who want recruiting to improve to contribute to the Lady Vol NIL Collective to help towards those efforts.
As I said, it was a nice humble brag. Those unfortunate non-season ticket holders need to be reminded.

VN Store

Back