2024 WNBA Discussion Thread

Almost 100k viewers on a random persons stream, and people think she’s not a draw.
Who doesn't think Angel's a draw? Of course she's a draw. You just can't get over the either/or thing. The league wants to squeeze the absolute max amount of attention and publicity for both Angel and CC, thereby squeezing the most money out of them. The NBA would never make you choose btw Steph and LaBron and the W doesn't want you to choose either. Pretty sure they want you to watch both, buy merch fm both

I'd start Onyenwere and have Reese coming off the bench, she's gonna have a regular ol' rookie season (Sorry DarkPhoenix!)

Who doesn't think Angel's a draw? Of course she's a draw. You just can't get over the either/or thing. The league wants to squeeze the absolute max amount of attention and publicity for both Angel and CC, thereby squeezing the most money out of them. The NBA would never make you choose btw Steph and LaBron and the W doesn't want you to choose either. Pretty sure they want you to watch both, buy merch fm both
In the perfect world I would agree because that makes the most sense business wise, the NBA would not have the games on at the same time when they are the only 2 games on, I would like to know why they did that.

Reactions: brittannica
In the perfect world I would agree because that makes the most sense business wise, the NBA would not have the games on at the same time when they are the only 2 games on, I would like to know why they did that.
I’m amazed at the rookie mistakes a league like the WNBA continues to make. Another example, they dropped a ton of super cute merch, but they did no promo of it whatsoever. I found out about it from people complaining about their marketing. Flabbergasting.

I’m amazed at the rookie mistakes a league like the WNBA continues to make. Another example, they dropped a ton of super cute merch, but they did no promo of it whatsoever. I found out about it from people complaining about their marketing. Flabbergasting.
I noticed that on twitter when they was talking about that as well, they need to get some better people in charge.

If we’re picking teams in the W I’m definitely choosing Natasha Howard for my team. Such a great player.

Reactions: travis929
Caitlin Clark had 21 points in WNBA ore season debut.

Nailed five 3 pointers in game, yes individuals are correct Caitlin will struggle.🤦🤦🤦🤦

Reactions: krichunaka
The stream peaked at 277K live viewers. The WNBA should've had a live feed somewhere. The NBA has preseason games going up each other all of the time.
The stream also showed lots and lots of empty seats, as there are for most W preseason games. But in comparison to the game that did get televised, which was a sell out, the level of interest seems to justify the decision.

That said, the W has said this was not their decision, this was Bally who has the Lynx contract for that area, not providing a feed. Not directing this at the poster, but in general W fans on a mission are some of the most irrational sports fans I've ever encountered.

By looking at the ESPN app, opening night in WNBA ESPN will have a double header scheduled.

First game is Indiana vs Connecticut
Second game is Phoenix vs Los Angeles.

Caitlin Clark, Rickea Jackson and the Stanford rookie under the bright lights opening night.

The stream also showed lots and lots of empty seats, as there are for most W preseason games. But in comparison to the game that did get televised, which was a sell out, the level of interest seems to justify the decision.

That said, the W has said this was not their decision, this was Bally who has the Lynx contract for that area, not providing a feed. Not directing this at the poster, but in general W fans on a mission are some of the most irrational sports fans I've ever encountered.
The sky played in a 20k seat arena and the other game was in a 6k seat arena. And also did the sky game get the same promo to let the fans know?

The actual attendance numbers are:
Sky vs Lynx 7,010
Fever vs Wings 6,251

Last edited:
LA vs Seattle preseason game starting now. Brink starting, Rickea coming off the bench for LA. Horston not playing today, ankle injury. Mercedes starting for Seattle though

VN Store

Back