2024 TRANSFER TRACKER

Assuming your talkiing about Ruby, the rumor was she committed to the coaches while she was here. If that's true, she could just be waiting to announce for whatever reason. I don't think she's taken any other visits and as long as that's the case we have a chance.

Also, IMO it's unfair to immediately jump to "she's looking for more money" as the default reason a recruit doesn't sign. Unless she's going somewhere super elite where their rolling in dough, and Ruby isn't, I'd say the money is approximately equal and therefore not the deciding factor. It seemed to be a deciding factor for us when we didn't have any, or much, money, but now that we do it's probably not that far off fm other teams like us. So other things, like who can develop her into a big money superstar and W player, where she feels comfy, where she likes the school set up, etc can be just as important.
Idk. Baylor has all that HGTV money now…

If a player really wanted to play for UT, why would they wait 5 days or longer to announce their commitment? Wouldn’t they be worried that a couple others may commit in the meantime leaving them on the outside?

I get the feeling their heart isn’t with UT and they are just looking around to see where they can get the best “deal”. Which is ok but I wish their heart was with UT assuming they are being offered a decent NIL deal at UT even if it isn’t the highest.
Other posters have pointed that players like Jewel didn’t announce for several days.

Other posters have pointed that players like Jewel didn’t announce for several days.
Other posters have said that but it's not comparable to our current situation. Jewel committed to the coaches while here, said so on video while here, canceled other visits and announced the same week. Booms got posted immediately and everyone knew. Not really a delay, Not saying that means Ruby or others who visited won't commit, but they aren't the same.

From ESPN a few days after her visit:
Spear, who's been one of the top scorers in the ACC the last two seasons, bolsters a Tennessee basketball squad coming off back-to-back Sweet 16 appearances. She also seriously considered Baylor and Texas -- both closer to her hometown of The Colony, Texas -- and planned on scheduling visits with both programs, but a quick trip to Knoxville this week was all she needed to determine where she wanted to finish her collegiate career.

The market decides.
I'm curious how much each program knows about what other programs are offering the same players they offer. Is there a shared market value for players? If they share that info among themselves, that's price fixing and in the courts current mood, they'd be slapped down big time. But I wonder if recruits say "well LSU is offering me . . ."

How much longer until someone figures out how to get all this under some kind of control?

What’s the latest UT WBB!! portal news in Knoxville?

Today, I will take a look at some more game footage of UT WBB current portal commits and recruits that are visiting this weekend.

Major news this week with All ACC freshman commit Alyssa Latham signing with VolClub. I expect that Spearman the #30 ranked 2022 player will also have a nice NIL offer in Knoxville!

Tennessee is taking NIL to the next level. Some very exciting recruiting news from Coach Lazo and Coach Tubner Insta pages makes me think that CKC and her staff is blitzing the recruiting trial!

GBO🍊!

I'm curious how much each program knows about what other programs are offering the same players they offer. Is there a shared market value for players? If they share that info among themselves, that's price fixing and in the courts current mood, they'd be slapped down big time. But I wonder if recruits say "well LSU is offering me . . ."

How much longer until someone figures out how to get all this under some kind of control?
I’m sure they know the numbers somehow, but you only overpay for truly elite player, I would put players in 4 tiers:
1. Elite
2. Stars
3. Role players
4. Bench warmers

What’s the latest UT WBB!! portal news in Knoxville?

Today, I will take a look at some more game footage of UT WBB current portal commits and recruits that are visiting this weekend.

Major news this week with All ACC freshman commit Alyssa Latham signing with VolClub. I expect that Spearman the #30 ranked 2022 player will also have a nice NIL offer in Knoxville!

Tennessee is taking NIL to the next level. Some very exciting recruiting news from Coach Lazo and Coach Tubner Insta pages makes me think that CKC and her staff is blitzing the recruiting trial!

GBO🍊!
what did they say?

Other posters have said that but it's not comparable to our current situation. Jewel committed to the coaches while here, said so on video while here, canceled other visits and announced the same week. Booms got posted immediately and everyone knew. Not really a delay, Not saying that means Ruby or others who visited won't commit, but they aren't the same.

From ESPN a few days after her visit:
Spear, who's been one of the top scorers in the ACC the last two seasons, bolsters a Tennessee basketball squad coming off back-to-back Sweet 16 appearances. She also seriously considered Baylor and Texas -- both closer to her hometown of The Colony, Texas -- and planned on scheduling visits with both programs, but a quick trip to Knoxville this week was all she needed to determine where she wanted to finish her collegiate career.
To be fair, Ruby cancelled a trip to LSU planned to occur after the visit to LVs.

If a player really wanted to play for UT, why would they wait 5 days or longer to announce their commitment? Wouldn’t they be worried that a couple others may commit in the meantime leaving them on the outside?

I get the feeling their heart isn’t with UT and they are just looking around to see where they can get the best “deal”. Which is ok but I wish their heart was with UT assuming they are being offered a decent NIL deal at UT even if it isn’t the highest.

Sometimes a recruit is waiting on a personal call that doesn't happen.
Quick enough.... Children have very little patience when it comes to waiting....And that's children,, from birth to a hundred years old

I know I have no d1 experience but I do have experience building a team and recruiting the players that I want who want to play for me.... And if my time frame is not their time frame.I can easily lose them even though they want to play for me

Yes, I am posting from my phone and it has trouble with the Southern drawl..so be nice

Thread cleaned again with irrelevant discussions moved to other threads. Don't get me wrong, those discussions are fine, and a few wandering posts are no big deal, but when it becomes 50+ posts cluttering the thread it becomes a distraction and I'd prefer to keep this thread focused on portal news.

If you see this thread getting off track again, please use the report post button to bring it to our attention.

Thanks.

Thread cleaned again with irrelevant discussions moved to other threads. Don't get me wrong, those discussions are fine, and a few wandering posts are no big deal, but when it becomes 50+ posts cluttering the thread it becomes a distraction and I'd prefer to keep this thread focused on portal news.

If you see this thread getting off track again, please use the report post button to bring it to our attention.

Thanks.

Will do, my apologies. Thank you Freak

Reactions: chuckiepoo
To be fair, Ruby cancelled a trip to LSU planned to occur after the visit to LVs.
I’m going to say we don’t have anyone other than the two committed and may have one after the weekend visitors. Seems that no one wants to come here for some reason maybe her system she runs idk. Does anyone kno who and how many are supposed to visit

I’m going to say we don’t have anyone other than the two committed and may have one after the weekend visitors. Seems that no one wants to come here for some reason maybe her system she runs idk. Does anyone kno who and how many are supposed to visit
Portal recruiting is just about culminated... It's time to.
Focus on high school recruits and there are recruits that Are ready to make decisions. It's time to pursue them.

How is saying “we have two committed” and “seems no one wants to come here” even used in the same statement?

Your posts seem very similar to another poster.

Excited for the future with those two commits from the portal.

Looking forward to hearing about the visits from this weekend soon.
GBO🍊.

Last edited:
We do have two pretty good and could be great additions and hopefully we have more on the way, but at least to me and this has nothing to do with CKC’s abilities, I had braced myself that we might not have the highest rated haul this year bc our coach is an unknown coach at this level. Once she proves her system can put up points and win games at this level, then we’ll probably receive more interest.

How is saying “we have two committed” and “seems no one wants to come here” even used in the same statement?

Your posts seem very similar to another poster.

Exciting for the future with those two commits from the portal commits.

Looking forward to hearing about the visits from this weekend soon.
GBO🍊.
We need better players than previous roster or this season will be not so good. I know and said we have have two commits. We have four spots that need to be filled with good talent. Not disagreeing with you on the two, very good players. It’s going to take more than those two to be more competitive. Do you think she will fill those four spots.

Reactions: brittannica
We need better players than previous roster or this season will be not so good. I know and said we have have two commits. We have four spots that need to be filled with good talent. Not disagreeing with you on the two, very good players. It’s going to take more than those two to be more competitive. Do you think she will fill those four spots.

Okay.

We do have two pretty good and could be great additions and hopefully we have more on the way, but at least to me and this has nothing to do with CKC’s abilities, I had braced myself that we might not have the highest rated haul this year bc our coach is an unknown coach at this level. Once she proves her system can put up points and win games at this level, then we’ll probably receive more interest.
The 2025 class will start committing in the next couple of months, they aren’t waiting to see what she does next season, we need to get them now.

Not trying to start an argument with anyone. It’s just puzzling that we haven’t gotten more portal players than what we have. Was hoping to fill all spots

The coaches.. Coach Caldwell, Coach Lazo (Miss State) and Coach Tubner (Alabama) do not view the roster the same as fans.

CKC is giving the same message everytime she is in front of the camera.
You might disagree with it and that’s fine but to her she has stated multiple times that she is high on the players here and they have worked very hard.

She talks about the talent she already has on the roster.

When talking about Alyssa Latham and Lazaria Spearman recruitment from the portal she stated they are high on both, and they will add a few more pieces from the portal.

She is obviously saying they will sign 3-4 players.

Based on her words, the perspective from fans that state there are 5-6 spots to fill does not align with how she is building the roster for next season.

So when anyone talks about a lack of interest or expecting to add 5 to 6 players this is based on a false perception of the team that CKC does not have.
She is recruiting specific athletes and setting up visits with only those players that fit her system.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back