2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might we’ll have to see about that but if not and I’m a head coach in practice that has Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd when you watch their film it’s going to jump out at you. Any coach would feel confident that they could develop them with a full off-season that is running a system like CKC.

Destinee Wells is proven at PG, so the rehab process is something that CKC is monitoring.

Regardless of some fans opinions either way those for the players or those who thinks there needs to be a player added the coach and her staff I’m 100% sure sees it completely different. That’s two 4-stars and a 5-star at one position.
Was D Wells a 4* out of HS?

Wow! So many little love notes this morning! In order to save a little time let me just point out that I had football season tickets for over 30 years. We finally gave them up during the Pruitt years.
We are not major donors to UT by any means but have made decent size contribution to the athletics department(all sports) as well as to a couple of specific colleges. Over the years this has added up to a pretty good amount. I’m just going to guess that I have given more to UT than any of the DW Dan boy club posting on here.
Additionally to all of you who are intending to insult or offend me you are wasting your time. I make it an absolute to never be offended by people I don’t respect.
On my way out for 18! Hope everyone gets out to enjoy this nice weekend!!
Well Lucy ,there you go again guessing and making an absolute mess doing it.You have no idea what other people on this site have contributed to Tennessee .....I guarantee that you have not contributed what I have .I have had season football tickets since 1961(and ,had women's and men's basketball tickets for about.18 years after retired from Army.).......was not able to use them a lot during my 28 year stint in the Army but they were put to use by friends in Knoxville .Been contributing to the University since 1961 and that includes six figures + to several building funds . So if you want to call me a DW Dan boy who is in the Dan boy club that is okay .....just wondering what us Dan Boys should provide as an appropriate moniker for you ? I am asking members of this board for suggestions .....

They might we’ll have to see about that but if not and I’m a head coach in practice that has Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd when you watch their film it’s going to jump out at you. Any coach would feel confident that they could develop them with a full off-season that is running a system like CKC.

Destinee Wells is proven at PG, so the rehab process is something that CKC is monitoring.

Regardless of some fans opinions either way those for the players or those who think there needs to be a player added the coach and her staff I’m 100% sure sees it completely different. That’s two 4-stars and a 5-star at one position.

Anyone know how Boyd’s rehab is going? Will she be 100% cleared and a full go this summer?

Since Tess is staying hoping the new coach can find other ways to get her open 3's. Kellie's half court scheme was for her to go to the corner, run a play to the other side and throw back to her for an open 3 and it worked some. She does not appear to be fast at all but maybe we just didn't see it as she didn't have to run.

Not that she is a speed burner by any means but I'm betting she is faster than we think and she does have a quick release. If she can run the floor I'm confident she can get more open 3's than she has been getting as the corner 3 is not her only shot. And yes I know her defense has been a liability but maybe with a quick scheme she won't have to guard very long.
I can see our more athletic slashers driving into the paint and kicking out to Sarah or Tess for an open three.

Last edited:

Regardless of some fans opinions either way those for the players or those who think there needs to be a player added the coach and her staff I’m 100% sure sees it completely different. That’s two 4-stars and a 5-star at one position.
And then there is this that was just posted. 👀 You love to see it.

And then there is this that was just posted. 👀 You love to see it.

If this was a player from another school I can only imagine how certain fans on here would be responding and saying we need a player with this kind of athletic ability.

I mean the main ones on Twitter that are constantly posting to college and high school players to come to Tennessee haven’t said a single word about Jillian Hollingshead dunk video.

That’s why I say it every single time this Tennessee team is looking very very good and once the roster is finalize this will be a SEC and Nat’l Championship contender in year one under CKC & her new staff.

Reactions: dazzleme
If Tennessee signs the two players in addition to Alyssa Latham and Lazaria Spearman that my sources are telling me they are in on the Lady Vols will have a Top 2 recruiting class.
Where do you get that ranking? I'm excited about the girls we added, but none are ranked in top 25 transfers (including Whitehorn) Again love what we have but calling it top 2 is not accurate.

Where do you get that ranking? I'm excited about the girls we added, but none are ranked in top 25 transfers (including Whitehorn) Again love what we have but calling it top 2 is not accurate.
Whitehorn by every measure is a top 25 transfer. She’s the number 1 W prospect. Latham is top 3 in her transfer class. Spearman is a solid addition and top 5 at her position top 15 in her class

Ofc ESPN won’t agree. But tbf there are so many 5th/seniors in the portal

Last edited:

I don’t know what rankings you are talking about but I certainly will never put credibility behind Twitter sports writers or ESPN analysts portal rankings ever again. Last season, they ranked HVL the #1 transfer and we see how that turned out. I wasn’t including Ruby Whitehorn because she hasn’t committed. Tennessee is still actively recruiting multiple players in the portal. But since you mention Ruby she is easily one of the top players in the portal.

You can not take a fan page or an ESPN analyst portal list as accurate.

Ruby Whitehorn was a 5-star W ranked #15 in 2022 ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100.

Lazaria Spearman was a 4-star F ranked #30 in 2022 ESPN Hoopgurlz Top 100.

Alyssa Latham was a 4-star F in 2023 and earned All-ACC Freshman honors in 2023-2024 at Syracuse.

Do you really think it is 25 players in the portal better than each of these players?

I don’t know what rankings you are talking about but I certainly will never put credibility behind Twitter sports writers or ESPN analysts portal rankings ever again. Last season, they ranked HVL the #1 transfer and we see how that turned out. I wasn’t including Ruby Whitehorn because she hasn’t committed. Tennessee is still actively recruiting multiple players in the portal. But since you mention Ruby she is easily one of the top players in the portal.

Alyssa Latham was a 4-star F in 2023 and earned All-ACC Freshman honors in 2023-2024 at Syracuse.

Do you really think it is 25 players in the portal better than each of these players?
This

Aneesha Morrow was the top rated transfer player last year, not HVL.

Aneesha Morrow was the top rated transfer player last year, not HVL.

No she wasn’t. And don’t go posting one of those Twitter fan lists or ESPN list by Crème as if it is proof. Every single college sports analyst and commentator leading into the WBB season had HVL as the top transfer. You know this but come on this forum with a few others to play politics and stir up controversy with posters that do not agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back