2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP this morning on the RKW show in Nashville at 2:42 mark he acted as though spearman has done everything but announce her commitment and was trending Tennessee he also said that they had someone from Clemson later this week so we know who that is 100%?
Never count chickens before they're hatched; recruiting is fluid. But this is encouraging. AP seems like he is talking much more about LV basketball these days. Men's team is really under pressure at the moment, too. I hope they too land their portal targets.

Will be sad if we let that one slip away. She can really shoot it. Kids will make their own decisions though. Would love to see her at UT.

ND is so guard heavy, hard to see where she would get many minutes there, especially with Bransford coming back. Wouldn’t be that cool of Ivey to reel KK back in and then immediately recruit over her.

Will be sad if we let that one slip away. She can really shoot it. Kids will make their own decisions though. Would love to see her at UT.

ND is so guard heavy, hard to see where she would get many minutes there, especially with Bransford coming back. Wouldn’t be that cool of Ivey to reel KK back in and then immediately recruit over her.

Not slipping away if that’s where she decides to go. Tennessee current roster has played against Aaliyah and had good success against her. She had good moments as well. It’ll balance out one way or the other.
Often times fans get too caught up on the names. Several D1 athletes in the portal can play and be a key contributor to this roster. Coach Caldwell beat Florida last season with a roster of players many on here couldn’t name. It’s too early right now to focus on one or two athletes as players a team need to sign. Think about how that ended for HVL and LSU a year ago.
Before last season, I did not see one player from Oregon State team on any top player returning lists. I’m not saying they weren’t but I did not know much about them. Now in the portal every single one of those players are coveted.
Allow Coach Caldwell, Coach Tubner, and Coach Lazo to build their roster.

Not slipping away if that’s where she decides to go. Tennessee current roster has played against Aaliyah and had good success against her. She had good moments as well. It’ll balance out one way or the other.
Often times fans get too caught up on the names. Several D1 athletes in the portal can play and be a key contributor to this roster. Coach Caldwell beat Florida last season with a roster of players many on here couldn’t name.
Before last season I did not see one player from Oregon State team on any top player returning lists. I’m not saying they were but I did not know much about them. Now in the portal every single one of those players are coveted.
Allow Coach Caldwell, Coach Tubner, and Coach Lazo to build their roster.

I agree, not necessarily slipping away.

I agree, not necessarily slipping away.

She needs to visit as many schools as possible. One thing that could’ve caused alarm is that ridiculous post by The Ball Out Media saying in 72 hours an assistant coach was poaching players from their former boss.

That was beyond unprofessional. We do not know how that may have affected the staff because it was directly aimed at them immediately when Aaliyah Nye entered the portal.

I know people will say look at Kentucky and the players from VT. That does not mean the same will apply for UT. We do not know if Coach Caldwell, Coach Tubner, and Coach Lazo have other targets.

We’ll find out soon.

Reactions: VolFuture

We should reach out to Rogers if that is the case. She didn't play as much for whatever reason , but was 39 percent from the three. I think she fits our system well and would give us that additional player that can defend and shoot the three. Then there is Whitehorn ranked number 15 in the 2023 class, mot a three point shooter of high percentage, but she scores mid- range and can defend as well. Then hopefully Spearman deal is confirmed soon number 30 in 2023 Hoopgurlz would be huge for us.

I like Nye, but hope we don't spend to much time on her and move on to these other players.

define elite...

Elite in my opinion is the performances Rickea Jackson and Kamilla Cardoso put on in those three SC vs UT games this season!
Fulwiley had elite moments! Watkins had some elite moments! Jewel Spear had some outstanding plays on the road against SC scoring 21 pts! Tess Johnson showed potential! Sara Puckett shower grit! Raven Johnson showed elite leadership skills!

I’ve watched Aaliyah Nye play.. she is a different player than the ones I mentioned above and was in a different situation at Alabama. Her game in Alabama against UT was very good. The 2nd game in the SEC tourney I think Sara Puckett held her to just 3 pts. That’s why I never will understand why people keep penciling in those players as starters at UT.
We’ll see how it plays out for the 5th year senior. If she comes to UT good. If not, I’m sure there is another recruit who will.

i think so, but i’m a realist. would love to be proved wrong.

My read on it is that Barker and HVL are going to follow the $ and the highest bid that is a decent fit will win. Especially with HVL, I think she may be worried about sticking in the W so she needs to make her $ now. Barker would absolutely thrive in our new offensive and defensive system.

My read on it is that Barker and HVL are going to follow the $ and the highest bid that is a decent fit will win. Especially with HVL, I think she may be worried about sticking in the W so she needs to make her $ now. Barker would absolutely thrive in our new offensive and defensive system.

Not sure about that for HVL. She was already one of the highest paid players, and my understanding is she was making less in NIL at LSU than she was at Louisville.

Barker, if smart, will go where the coach has a track record of developing players like her for the W. Her ceiling is so high, and it just feels like her time at Texas A&M was wasted. Would love to see her here though. She’s probs my fav player in the portal rn besides Kiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back