2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the role of the slash and burn wing in CKC offense? Is get to the rim the second option behind get up a 3 pointer? I'll bet Coop's been working hard on that outside shot also. The big unknown on offense for me is Boyd.
Was also thinking about her role as a rebounder and second chance points. Steals off the press.

Reactions: glv98
What is the role of the slash and burn wing in CKC offense? Is get to the rim the second option behind get up a 3 pointer? I'll bet Coop's been working hard on that outside shot also. The big unknown on offense for me is Boyd.

If they don’t have a good look off the break or secondary they will work the ball back out and run a dribble drive offense. Try to attack the SEC logo are and dish for an easy lay or kick for the open shot. She said that in one of her interviews.

When she talks basketball you can tell she knows what the flip she’s doing. It’s not just “get it to the big girl” ball anymore.

Reactions: dazzleme
If we were to get Nye, I’m trying to think where Cooper might slide in. I don’t know that she could be a PG? But between those three, you’d have lots options between the 2/3 plus Wynn.

Everyone is going to play. Nye would be off ball, I suspect Cooper and Wells share a lot of the point duties.

Reactions: spojo13

Boyd created a lot of her offense off her defense. I think she’s actually a better fit with this staff than she was with the previous.

She is very athletic, has quick hands, nice handle in transition.

Again, PG is not the ideal spot for Coop, but if needed she can play there without hurting the team.

I agree, I do think we take another PG out of the portal. Either McQueen or Dwyer.

I love Donovyn Hunter’s game out of Oregon State but she’s more of a set-up half court PG. She’s going to make some team better though.

Reactions: Rooster1
Everyone is going to play. Nye would be off ball, I suspect Cooper and Wells share a lot of the point duties.
If Cooper could play PG that would definitely open up minutes for her. I don’t think Nye or Jewel would be sitting the bench a whole lot. I know CKC plays a lot of players but those two would get the majority of minutes at the 2 and some 3 for both to play together.

Every team needs players who can beat their opponent off the dribble with speed and quickness and get to the rim with ease, that is Coop, anyone that has watched film of Boyd knows she is elite defensively, so she will be a key part of the new coaches press defense, but if you have seen her play, you also know she is a work in progress offensively, nothing wrong with that freshman year, she will contribute a bunch imo.
I've seen Coop practice a couple of times and you can tell she's an elite athlete. I just wondered how often a slash to rim player gets that opportunity in a 30 3 ptr per game offense.
If we were to get Nye, I’m trying to think where Cooper might slide in. I don’t know that she could be a PG? But between those three, you’d have lots options between the 2/3 plus Wynn.
And Boyd. Yeah Spear, Nye, Wynn, Cooper, Boyd, Striklin and Darby all in the 2-3 spot is a crowd even in a free subbing system. Unless a Rickea level elite player at that position magically appears, I'd say close shop there and concentrate on a high scoring forward or 2 and a promising young post or 2. Another pg if a very, very good one happens by.

I've seen Coop practice a couple of times and you can tell she's an elite athlete. I just wondered how often a slash to rim player gets that opportunity in a 30 3 ptr per game offense.

And Boyd. Yeah Spear, Nye, Wynn, Cooper, Boyd, Striklin and Darby all in the 2-3 spot is a crowd even in a free subbing system. Unless a Rickea level elite player at that position magically appears, I'd say close shop there and concentrate on a high scoring forward or 2 and a promising young post or 2. Another pg if a very, very good one happens by.
Players that can get to the rim easily by their quick slashes are always going to have a place in ANY offense. Three pointers are still only half or less of the shots Caldwells’s team took last season, it’s not all 3 pointers….and it cannot be. I believe Coop will be so far ahead of most of the players athletically on both offense and defense that CKC will make her a mainstay.

If they don’t have a good look off the break or secondary they will work the ball back out and run a dribble drive offense. Try to attack the SEC logo are and dish for an easy lay or kick for the open shot. She said that in one of her interviews.
Does this offense produce many assists? I'm not asking for Pat ball, esp since we have zero posts at this point. But I do love a good motion offense with good cutting and passing and high assists. I'm thinking that may be off the table.

Boyd created a lot of her offense off her defense. I think she’s actually a better fit with this staff than she was with the previous.

She is very athletic, has quick hands, nice handle in transition.

I thought I remembered that Boyd may be another of in our tradition of athletic, defensive minded players that is a 'project' on offense. Not sure how much opportunity she's had to work on her shot since she's been here. She's never shown signs of injury, no crutches, etc so don't if she had surg or what her rehab has been like.

I would say if we get Nye then we are probably going to focus on the forward and posts positions. I could be totally wrong but I don’t really see a lot of strictly posting up centers like Key in this offense. I think we’ll probably see our posts with more of a face up game than before. Latham, Jill, Spearman, and especially King can do that well, if we were to get those other three. Then that just leaves PG, I’d like to see us grab someone who can drive but also hit the three at a higher percentage.

Players that can get to the rim easily by their quick slashes are always going to have a place in ANY offense. Three pointers are still only half or less of the shots Caldwells’s team took last season, it’s not all 3 pointers….and it cannot be. I believe Coop will be so far ahead of most of the players athletically on both offense and defense that CKC will make her a mainstay.
I just pray it doesn't turn out to be Arkansas's offense, which is so painful to watch. You can see the concept but it just isn't working and they can't or won't do anything else. I'm interested to see how CKC's works, but it's going to be awhile til that Carson Newman pre season game.

I just pray it doesn't turn out to be Arkansas's offense, which is so painful to watch. You can see the concept but it just isn't working and they can't or won't do anything else. I'm interested to see how CKC's works, but it's going to be awhile til that Carson Newman pre season game.
Hopefully, we have more of a post presence than Ark ever had.

Reactions: glv98

We need to get a Pg, it’s too important of a position and that’s been our downfall for a while now. Not all these players will get playing time anyway.

That's an awfully serious allegation to make about any coach esp when there is so much evidence to the contrary. Do you think for one instant Tammy Brown would let Teoni sign with someone she thought was creepy? Do you think for one instant she didn't do her homework? Then there's all the other players who've followed him and signed with him. Did you see the Liz Kitley video talking about him? Do you know more than these multiple people who've had years of first person experience with him? Could it be your impression is wrong?
People still sent their kids to play for Syracuse like Kamilla.. people are sending their kids to play for Ole Miss… people are sending their kids to play for Nebraska, Arizona, etc…

Nothing to KB but that argument is very weak

Does this offense produce many assists? I'm not asking for Pat ball, esp since we have zero posts at this point. But I do love a good motion offense with good cutting and passing and high assists. I'm thinking that may be off the table.

I thought I remembered that Boyd may be another of in our tradition of athletic, defensive minded players that is a 'project' on offense. Not sure how much opportunity she's had to work on her shot since she's been here. She's never shown signs of injury, no crutches, etc so don't if she had surg or what her rehab has been like.
Marshall’s assist to turnover ratio was about 1.01 last year, pretty solid, 82/349 just below UT last year by a few spots…more assists but also more turnovers.

Reactions: VolFuture and glv98
People still sent their kids to play for Syracuse like Kamilla.. people are sending their kids to play for Ole Miss… people are sending their kids to play for Nebraska, Arizona, etc…

Nothing to KB but that argument is very weak
Not if you know Tammy Brown. At all. That ended any Kenny questions for me.

Yes and Latham has also impressed me a lot. 1.3 blocks per game as a freshman at 6’2” is very impresssive.
Isn't Latham more a forward than a post? I want a true post who's at least 6'4" for when we get forced into the half court with teams with big bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back