2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at 6 girls with one year left and 4 returners…

FOUR. That is a catastrophic meltdown next year. Also coaches want players to grow in system so year 2,3 etc are better…

She already said November isn’t her best month. So imagine pulling a Kellie and redoing this year over year with new players. Unsustainable.

Imo we can afford 2 one years and must get 3 younger. MUST.

Kellie should have redshirted Kaiya and Karo. Also Ace after her 2 injuries but she sucks at roster management
we could definitely use more returners for the next season but there's always the portal then too. lol i just want the best players we can sign. winning a lot of games next season would help with recruiting. either way, sign up the best.

Reactions: dazzleme
Do not understand the attraction now at Iowa. They have a center and not much else. And it is Iowa.
Interesting you should say that. I had thought to myself, if I were a player, I’d like to play for that Coach. There were more good players, who played hard, (Kate Martin got drafted, too), besides CC, and the Coach didn’t holler at her players. There were plays, and I just liked the demeanor of the Coach. 🤷‍♀️

we could definitely use more returners for the next season but there's always the portal then too. lol i just want the best players we can sign. winning a lot of games next season would help with recruiting. either way, sign up the best.
I get what u are saying but I disagree.

No guarantee the NCAA doesn’t rip the portal away or that it’s gonna stay good..

Also her system is best when players stay in it.

4 is a NIGHTMARE

Interesting you should say that. I had thought to myself, if I were a player, I’d like to play for that Coach. There were more good players, who played hard, (Kate Martin got drafted, too), besides CC, and the Coach didn’t holler at her players. There were plays, and I just liked the demeanor of the Coach. 🤷‍♀️

I agree, I really like Coach Bluder, very down to earth. They have a super classy program, a great fan base and their crowd is always lit.

She was a really nice pickup for them and will enjoy her time there I think.

I get what u are saying but I disagree.

No guarantee the NCAA doesn’t rip the portal away or that it’s gonna stay good..

Also her system is best when players stay in it.

4 is a NIGHTMARE

The portal and NIL is what has elevated collegiate sports. The portal will be around for the foreseeable future.
Also, just because a player is set to return does not mean they will be on any team the following season. They can bring in players with 2-3 year of eligibility and those same players could be in the portal next year. You do not build teams like you did five years ago. It is year to year to build your core.

Reactions: Only1COJ and Raebo
The portal and NIL is what has elevated collegiate sports. The portal will be around for the foreseeable future.
Also, just because a player is set to return does not mean they will be on any team the following season. They can bring in players with 2-3 year of eligibility and those same players could be in the portal next year. You do not build teams like you did five years ago. It is year to year to build your core.
Take L. Ask Dawn. Ask Geno. Ask Bluder.

Also CKCs system kinda needs familiarity. Or at least will peak with it.

Mulkeys championship was a fluke and she had several non contributors step up Huge in the tournament.

Sure u can use it but continuity will rein king.

Look at poor ole top 5 every preseason kellie

Mulkeys championship was a fluke and she had several non contributors step up Huge in the tournament.

Also LSU had many portal girl but they were returners too.

NC State same dif. I agree we’ve pulled some great talent but. FOUR returners is pretty much unthinkable and unheard of

I am not sure what that has to do with this season. The core for Tennessee is returning. Any coach could plan to add 5 players made up of underclassmen this off-season via the portal and that still doesn’t guarantee all 5 will be on the team next offseason.

Ask them for what? None of these coaches are doing anything that Coach Caldwell does not have the knowledge to implement in recruiting and building a team. They haven’t done anything that Coach Caldwell has not done in her career and that is win championships at her level. In the second week in her new position she is hosting starters from P5 ACC schools that are underclassmen.

They do not have to only host underclassmen. Every player that visits is not going to commit. This is part of recruiting. Considering every option.

I am not sure what that has to do with this season. The core for Tennessee is returning. Any coach could plan to add 5 players made up of underclassmen this off-season via the portal and that still doesn’t guarantee all 5 will be on the team next offseason.

Ask them for what? None of these coaches are doing anything that Coach Caldwell does not have the knowledge to implement in recruiting and building a team. They haven’t done anything that Coach Caldwell has not done in her career and that is win championships at her level. In the second week in her new position she is hosting starters from P5 ACC schools that are underclassmen.

They do not have to only host underclassmen. Every player that visits is not going to commit. This is part of recruiting. Considering every option.
Nevermind you’re always a waste of time.. u always over state and can’t comprehend. I never said only go after younger. Actually I’ve been very clear on 2 one years and 3 “younger” those could literally be juniors 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Hope u get HVL, Beers, Iriafen, King, Deja Kelly, and CLW

And then do it again next year and next year…

If that were the case DW wouldn’t have fired Kellie for poor recruiting and team building

SHE FAILED MISERABLY THERE

That last sentence was unnecessary. Every year we lost our top players after preseason rankings, Zaay, Rae, Keyen, Horston, Tamari, and Rickea and Wells, probably others I’m not thinking of right now, and losing your best players makes a big difference, at least for other teams.

Reactions: Lucy and vols90
Nevermind you’re always a waste of time.. u always over state and can’t comprehend. I never said only go after younger. Actually I’ve been very clear on 2 one years and 3 “younger” those could literally be juniors 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Hope u get HVL, Beers, Iriafen, King, Deja Kelly, and CLW

And then do it again next year and next year…

If that were the case DW wouldn’t have fired Kellie for poor recruiting and team building

SHE FAILED MISERABLY THERE

Nothing is being overstated. And you criticizing my perspective because it’s stated better than yours is not me failing to comprehend. I said 2-3 years of eligibility. When they transfer this off-season it will still list them as sophomores which is consider an underclassmen. I assumed you would comprehend that.

You should also know that a coach in this era with NIL and the portal can not build a team a year ahead. They can sign 5 players with available scholarships as you are suggesting is what must happen to have a core return in 2025. Well there is still a 50/50 chance if that occurred that some of those players could be right back in the portal. It’s not a guarantee.

So what is not being comprehended?

At best, they can fill the roster this year and set up a recruiting plan to sign a big HS class in 2025.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebowbear
That last sentence was unnecessary. Every year we lost our top players after preseason rankings, Zaay, Rae, Keyen, Horston, Tamari, and Rickea and Wells, probably others I’m not thinking of right now, and losing your best players makes a big difference, at least for other teams.
Oh I know… I have nuance. I even thought this year was plagued terribly… :/

But he constantly just talks over points u already made. A read me but I won’t read u situation. Annoying

Kellie didn have a problem not red shirting olayers tho. She was too scared . U can always burn a red shirt for injury to other players. I can think of 4 girls who should have been on this team alone. Jill, Ace, Kaiya, Karo all for different reasons.. BM should have too and Marta got a medical one. Just terrible roster management

Nothing is being overstate. And you criticizing my perspective because it’s stated better than yours is not me failing to comprehend. I said 2-3 years of eligibility. When they transfer this off-season it will still list them as sophomores which is consider an underclassmen. I assumed you would comprehend that.

You should also know that a coach in this era with NIL and the portal can not build a team a year ahead. They can sign 5 players with available scholarships as you are suggesting is what must happen to have a core return in 2025. Well there is still a 50/50 chance if that occurred that some of those players could be right back in the portal. It’s not a guarantee.

So what is not being comprehended?

At best, they can fill the roster this year and set up a recruiting plan to sign a big HS class in 2025.
Maybe read the boards u post on oh masterful penman

Maybe read the boards u post on oh masterful penman

Good point.

Two players being hosted this week are listed as a sophomore and freshman with two & three years of eligibility remaining right?

If they sign, that’s part of the future core you are speaking of right? A part of the solution resolved in a few days.

I never felt it was as dire a situation as it seems to get mentioned for building the 2025 roster. I always understood in this era you can not build a roster a year ahead in the current landscape of collegiate sports.

Good point.

Two players being hosted this week are listed as a sophomore and freshman with two & three years of eligibility remaining right?

If they sign, that’s part of the future core you are speaking of right.

I do not think it’s as dire a situation as it seems at times for 2025. I always think you can not build a roster a year ahead in the current landscape of collegiate sports.
U know CKC has 0 relations with high schoolers right? Real question… sure she hired some great people but… it’s concerning on that end too.

But yes I am very happy with those 2. It also shows me where her head is at.

I felt like she got quite a bit out of all of her players. Yes Caitlin was fantastic, but in the games I watched, her team mates knew exactly what to do/where to be. Very well coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back