2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see it. Has Barker said if she's coming back to Bama?

She does have her COVID but has made no announcement.

I just spent more time than I care to admit figuring out who they have next season.

They actually do not lose anyone at all aside from 6’3” reserve F Meg Newman who did not play much, she is in the portal.

Looks like Nye, Barker, McQueen and Williams all have a COVID year to use next season.

Timmons will likely be back from her ACL at some point.

They need 1-2 forwards with experience and who can rebound and defend in the post. I was impressed with Cody this year but she needs some help. She was prone to fouls and they had no suitable backup for her.

Poffenbarger would make them a very dangerous team if she can rebound like she did at Arkansas.

With their returning guards they really do not need her to shoot much.

Reactions: VolFuture and glv98
I’ll leave that for someone else lol.

I don’t watch any of those things.
Was actually pretty good he was talking to some other coaches… compared CC to Plum in his FF run when Plum dropped 57

Other coach said they didn’t over scout her to let her “get hers” thinking 20-30… not 57 or like Clark’s 41

Honestly? She kinda needs to knock it off.

There is plenty of time and the new coach will sort things out. Next year might be rough but we were already looking at a rough season.

There is not a single player in the portal that would have made next years team better than this years at this point. Sorry, not sorry.

If you couldn’t get beyond the second round with Rickea Jackson do we really think Ajae Petty was taking us further?

The fans and one of the top assistants on social media honestly both could relax a bit. I actually believe the assistant means well but right now I would not want to come off as bitter or undermining a school official. On the other hand, the other top assistant hasn’t said a word. A new head coach will certainly be more inclined to possibly add that person to their staff to help with the transition and make things comfortable for the players that are staying.
I completely disagree with anyone that constantly predicts a difficult upcoming season. There is a core to build around that was not there in previous years. A different head coach with a different philosophy will not waste time without defining roles from Day 1 through the summer. Each summer the last two years I feel has been wasted. During non-conference for three years in a row 9-12 players been set in the rotation to play minutes when the staff knew exactly who could produce and what the players are capable of. Practice the way you want to play. That mindset and common sense scheduling alone can get Tennessee off to the best start in two years.

Last edited:

There is plenty of time and the new coach will sort things out. Next year might be rough but we were already looking at a rough season.

There is not a single player in the portal that would have made next years team better than this years at this point. Sorry, not sorry.

If you couldn’t get beyond the second round with Rickea Jackson do we really think Ajae Petty was taking us further?
Nah, Sam is a vet and a pro. She obviously has few f left to give. Good for her, they all deserve to react exactly the way the want to.

And she's not wrong. Any program would be anxious about even a week long dead period during portal window.

Sam’s tweets seem odd considering the lack of success the teams had recruiting, but the portal has been their saving grace so I guess I understand.

She won’t be retained no matter who the hire is so it’s all moot.

Sam’s tweets seem odd considering the lack of success the teams had recruiting, but the portal has been their saving grace so I guess I understand.

Unless it’s Walz…

People forget Sam didn’t come in with Kellie… we had Lacey Goldwire for 2 seasons 🤮

There’s a reason we got those youngins to commit and her great work in the portal. Sam is a great recruiter but didn’t have enough time

I actually like the contrast in coaching styles of the top assistants.. would like to see one or both of them get a chance to stay with the new head coach.
But this latest post about recruiting isn’t it.
The group on this thread that co-signs stuff like that on here is the same group of irrelevant fanatics on social media claiming every player in the portal is a get for Tennessee and frequently hassles high school recruits about their college decision. You can bet no matter who the new coach is they will complain. No different than that South Carolina fan group but negative against their own school as opposed to everyone else.

Last edited:

I took it as a joke

Unless it’s Walz…

People forget Sam didn’t come in with Kellie… we had Lacey Goldwire for 2 seasons 🤮

There’s a reason we got those youngins to commit and her great work in the portal. Sam is a great recruiter but didn’t have enough time
Disagree about the “not enough time”. But it was a huge red flag that Harper brought a staff that wasn’t recruiting major college level talent.

Reactions: VolFuture
Disagree about the “not enough time”. But it was a huge red flag that Harper brought a staff that wasn’t recruiting major college level talent.
Well when u know these kids for years… talking 7th grad and on it’s hard to say it wasn’t.

Kellie seemed to pivot to the portal bc Sam was behind before she got here.

Also they chose to not entertain anyone but their top 10 girls and struck out and said they would make it up in the portal.

I see ridiculous notions that they couldn’t get anyone. The fact is they chose not to bc of the portal. It’s such a different world.
They did try with say Brooklyn miles and ole girl at WKU now. But u see how that went. Fit system or top portal player only became the standard. No fillers just to have HS girls

Unless it’s Walz…

It's possilbe she stays if Walz is the hire.

I didn't understand why Kellie didn't keep Reeves around to recruit, who had just landed two top notch classes in a row. I recall Goldwire well and she was a disaster.

Sam may have done okay in the portal but recruiting as a huge part of the lack of succes by Harper and contributed to her downfall.

Reactions: Amb3096
It's possilbe she stays if Walz is the hire.

I didn't understand why Kellie didn't keep Reeves around to recruit, who had just landed two top notch classes in a row. I recall Goldwire well and she was a disaster.

Sam may have done okay in the portal but recruiting as a huge part of the lack of succes by Harper and contributed to her downfall.
We can’t assume interest from Hollys crew.. that was a nightmare on all ends and a painful good bye…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back