2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Possible he could be telling our staff and theirs what they want hear. 2.5 hour zoom call for someone you aren’t interested in doesn’t make much sense.
How do they know that zoom call even took place? Lol “sources” the same ones Maryland fans were talking about

“North Florida’s Chaz Lanier — who’s not a big-time name, but he’s being sought-after by big schools and it’s looking like that might be Kentucky. And if it’s not Kentucky, it’s Tennessee. And if it’s not Tennessee, it might be BYU,”

Sounds like Norlander is really dialed in on this one.

“North Florida’s Chaz Lanier — who’s not a big-time name, but he’s being sought-after by big schools and it’s looking like that might be Kentucky. And if it’s not Kentucky, it’s Tennessee. And if it’s not Tennessee, it might be BYU,”

Sounds like Norlander is really dialed in on this one.
Wow going out on a limb with that he isn’t he

I hope the insiders are correct on this but there certainy seems to be some smoke for Lanier to Kentucky. After hearing Cason Wallace and Austin Nichols were UT locks, I've learned there is no lock until it is signed.
Wallace wasn’t a UT lock as soon as Kentucky offered. We also knew ahead of time that if Kentucky offered, he was going there…which basically meant he was never a UT lock. That’s not the case with Lanier.

I hope the insiders are correct on this but there certainy seems to be some smoke for Lanier to Kentucky. After hearing Cason Wallace and Austin Nichols were UT locks, I've learned there is no lock until it is signed.
I won't fault any "insider". No, this is a decision by the coaches. They're all in on Lanier and if the reports are true, it's the NBA or Vols. Kind of like both sides gave their word. One would hope that still carries weight in our society, but Aidoo said he was "fine" then bailed on us what....next day? Nah. For me, seeing is believing when it comes to recruiting.

Wallace wasn’t a UT lock as soon as Kentucky offered. We also knew ahead of time that if Kentucky offered, he was going there…which basically meant he was never a UT lock. That’s not the case with Lanier.
Might want to revisit the Cason Wallace thread if you think he was a lock to UK as soon as they offered.

I won't fault any "insider". No, this is a decision by the coaches. They're all in on Lanier and if the reports are true, it's the NBA or Vols. Kind of like both sides gave their word. One would hope that still carries weight in our society, but Aidoo said he was "fine" then bailed on us what....next day? Nah. For me, seeing is believing when it comes to recruiting.
The “fine” was a smokescreen he wanted more money and we were not going to pay him a million to continue having performances like he had in the tournament, it’s a business now whether you want to admit it or not

Might want to revisit the Cason Wallace thread if you think he was a lock to UK as soon as they offered.

He was never a UT lock though…

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Im over the whole Chaz Lanier drama. I honestly could care less where he winds up now.
The young man has a chance to hoop at that g league camp as an invite. He would be dumb to go ahead and commit to a college and skip out on the camp. Relationships are made here for him. If he makes an impression on these scouts and receives good advice on stuff to work at he literally could end up being an NBA draft pick next season... I'm sure Lanier would hate to mess that up so I think he is playing his cards pretty well.

And *trucker* I think every Vol basketball fan in their right mind would want Lanier to come to Tennessee. Having patience is key. We need Lanier and his skill set, that's why Tennessee has pushed so hard to get him. I know that money is involved with this but let's hope as a fan base that we do get his commitment and not try to move on in our minds from getting him... Giving up this recruitment is not going to be something that Barnes and staff is going to do

One thing going for the Vols is they developed knecht to be a more complete player, I'm sure Lanier thinks the same thing that he can be developed to be a first-round pick next year, advantage Vols over a new coach at Kentucky, all is good
Go Vols

NIL can now make ok recruiters look amazing. But let's not pretend that Pope has earned the same recruiting respect that came with Calipari getting every 5 star. Pope may get there recruiting but the main thing working in Kentuckys favor right now is if they might throw huge dump truck of money at Lanier.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back