2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I get it from Chaz's standpoint. However, if Tennessee misses out on him it will be very late in the transfer cycle to find a dynamic scorer that this roster badly needs.
If Tyson would commit, I wouldn't wait on Lanier. I'm just not sure you can pass on a talented guy at this point, even if you think you ultimately get Lanier.

Reactions: Imvolin423
I get it from Chaz's standpoint. However, if Tennessee misses out on him it will be very late in the transfer cycle to find a dynamic scorer that this roster badly needs.

This is why if Tyson wants in you take him no matter what. Not sure what his plan is or what he is waiting on but Lanier isn’t a guarantee so there is a clear need and avenue for him to get big minutes on next year‘s team as things stand today. I hope we land him.

Just to clarify, you mean that it is time to move on from complaining how long the process of Lanier's recruitment will take going through the draft process and all that. Not to move on from Lanier. Right?

He’s just being sarcastic. He wasn’t saying we should move on from Lanier.

It was that you quoted someone who wasn’t supposed to share what they shared if I was to guess. You could probably say his name without context and it not be a problem.
I’ll throw everyone off the trail real quick

Coach Rod followed a PG named Devon Barnes from Tarleton State. Will be a junior

Averaged 14/2/2 with 1.3 steals per game.
39% 3PT
85% FT

We played against him this past season.

If Tyson would commit, I wouldn't wait on Lanier. I'm just not sure you can pass on a talented guy at this point, even if you think you ultimately get Lanier.
Yep. If it's Lanier or Tyson, I'd rather have Lanier, but if he's going to wait that long and Tyson is ready to join us, I'll always take the bird in hand.

Reactions: DMcVol
A better way to look at it is this imo, last year your 4/5’s essentially were:

JJJ: 29.2mpg 8.4ppg 6.4rpg 0.6bpg
Aidoo: 24.7mpg 11.4ppg 7.3rpg 1.8bpg
Awaka: 13.1mpg 5.1ppg 4.6rpg 0.6bpg
Total: 67mins 24.9ppg 49.2%FG 33.3%3ptFG 18.3rpg 3.0bpg

Next year we expect it to be:
Dubar: 34.6mpg 17.8ppg 53.9%FG 39.9%3ptFG 6.8rpg 0.9bpg
Milicic: 32.2mpg 12.8ppg 48.7%FG 37.6%3ptFG 8.5rpg 1.1bpg
Estrella: 5.0mpg 1.6ppg 66.7%FG 0.8rpg 0.3bpg
Okpara: 23.5mpg 6.6ppg 58.6%FG 6.4rpg 2.4bpg
Total: 95.3mpg 38.8ppg 22.5rpg 4.7bpg
Averaged to 67mpg: 27.3ppg 15.8rpg 3.3bpg

So I think it’s fair, and this is without improvements from any of those 4, that we could see a much more efficient and better scoring front court, similar rebounding, and better rim protection. Also a much more versatile 4 man who should be able to stretch the floor better than we were able to last year.
Right. While our starters may not completely replace the frontcourt production the bench should be better and much more flexible on both ends of the court, if all this works out and we land Milicic.

VN Store

Back