2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Chaz Lanier --- if the NIL numbers are accurate that some of y'all are throwing out here, then I wonder how much he will cost? It seems he would be at the very top of the NIL world, correct?

Reactions: onfocusgovols
They also thought he was committing to them on Friday, then Saturday, then Sunday and then definitely Monday. Not saying it won’t happen but I wouldn’t put much stock into what they say, with that said I do think he’ll announce something soon.

Fwiw they also think they’re getting Thiero.
Well they are 1 for 1

Let’s see what tomorrow brings lol

My Terps buddy is convinced they are a serious contender for Lanier. If they are involved, can’t imagine others won’t be. Have a feeling we are going to be sweating this out until the every end..

People keep saying Maryland is a contender, but I just don’t see it. Is Clark the one who’s been in contact with him? Is that why we’re so confident?

I'm no basketball coach, but from watching his highlight tape, doesn't it look like Lanier shoots from his chest. Will he be able to get off shots like that against tougher competition? Is thatPlus he only had one really good year.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to have him. But I think we may need to cool off some of the hype.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
I'm no basketball coach, but from watching his highlight tape, doesn't it look like Lanier shoots from his chest. Will he be able to get off shots like that against tougher competition? Is thatPlus he only had one really good year.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to have him. But I think we may need to cool off some of the hype.
Yes he can get that shot off against anyone... He played against SEC competition last year as well, getting that shot off and creating shots... He has an underrated handle as well that would give Ziegler a lot of help handling the ball

Edit: he also has underrated athleticism and explosiveness... He will be just fine

last time people were so sure about another player, like we are with Lanier, we lost him because of possible tampering. Yuri Collins I believe. How certain are we that we have the inside track to landing him?

last time people were so sure about another player, like we are with Lanier, we lost him because of possible tampering. Yuri Collins I believe. How certain are we that we have the inside track to landing him?
It’s different now. If any school tried making a case for tampering, they know it would come right back at them. Everyone is doing it. Rick learned that he can’t simply back down when a coach starts whining about it. Everyone is fair game. Just the way it is. You either accept it and play the game, or you lose. We gonna win.

VN Store

Back