2024 Transfer Portal Thread

If he played the 2 at Belmont, that’s interesting. Did not know that. But he likely isn’t playing the 2 more than situationally here. We would put him at the 3/4 for the vast majority of his time on the floor. He most likely projects to a 3 at the next level. But he would definitely split some time at the 4 with Dubar/Igor in certain lineups.
Basketball has become such a position less sport now days I look at the nuggets roster and how they play in amazement everyday

Basketball has become such a position less sport now days I look at the nuggets roster and how they play in amazement everyday

It’s position less to a certain degree, but Tyson is 2” taller than Knecht and nowhere close to the athlete Knecht is. We mostly played Knecht at the 3, so I just find it hard to believe we’d push a taller less athletic version of Knecht to play the 2 here.

i think we’ll get 1 of Tyson or Igor but not both. And that seems fine with me. Happy to be wrong though. Just seems like we are recruiting a lot more wings than we have minutes to go around.

I think we probably need Igor more tbh.
I'll see your "1 of Tyson or Igor" and raise you ... "Both Tyson and Igor" I am not an insider, but I like RB ... so I am going for broke ... since I have nothing to lose and being optimistic feels so much better. AND I have learned that disappointment is His Appointment, so actually ... nothing to worry about.

Have to think if the staff somehow lands Igor and Tyson to go along with Dubar that one of those 3 gets Ledlum’d out this spring or summer. My money would be on Dubar tbh

Reactions: omghulkhands
Dubar’s shot does look similar to Lonzo at ucla or early NBA, starts his shot low and on his left side. Lonzo was able to fit his shot eventually in the nba before his injuries.

Lanier’s looks like he starts it little far away from his body.

Hell, even DK has a pretty unorthodox release with his off hand at an unconventional place on the ball at release
DK had a quick release and looked like he effortlessly flicked the ball from even the logo

I'd prefer Tyson over Igor

I think they’re much different players that wouldn’t steal any significant playing time from one another. Tyson would spend most of his time at the 3. Maybe he plays a little 4, but he strikes me as more likely to slide over to the 2 than the 4. Igor will never play the 3.

Term of contract is negotiable. Done all the time in business. Kids you’re not sure about 2 years. Kids you feel ala Nico you believe in gets 4. 1 year deal as you suggest is x, 2 year maybe 1.3x, 3 year, 1.5x, 4 year 2x.

It is how business negotiation is done every day. This is a business. Kid doesn’t just control everything in a contract negotiation.
I don't know, man. It sure seems like the kids have the majority of leverage. If I'm a top-50 kid and I want to keep my options open, I'm only signing one year deals which allows me the option to renegotiate each year as well as transfer. It seems like the schools need the top-50 high school kids and the top portal players more than the players need the schools. Supply and demand is still at play and there are more P5 schools than there are instant impact players available.

Reactions: Dadof2Vols
I think they’re much different players that wouldn’t steal any significant playing time from one another. Tyson would spend most of his time at the 3. Maybe he plays a little 4, but he strikes me as more likely to slide over to the 2 than the 4. Igor will never play the 3.
Correct, I don't think they overlap much at all and in fact complement each other. I could easily see Tyson get 28 minutes almost exclusively at the 3, Milici get 28 at 4 & 5 (majority at 4) and still have Dubar get 26 minutes per game splitting between the 3 and the 4. Who knows Dubar very well could start.

All 3 could average in double figures and basically have balanced scoring (much like Milicic had at Charlotte). Between DK and JJJ we lost 30 pts per game and it is likely we are not going to be able to rely as much on post offense with Opkara (pending) and Estella, so these 3 portal guys need to score. Between Tyson/Dubar/Milicic I think it is plausible each could get 10-14 pts per game as long as we continue to play with tempo. Tyson in my opinion has the most upside offensively. If we don't get Tyson, Carr will play more 3 and perhaps Anderson becomes an option at the 3 as well. Obviously Mashack can play anywhere....I would just prefer him at 2G.

All these scenarios are fine with me as we will have perimeter shooters (and depth) at the 3 and 4 that we haven't ever had. Odds are that Milicic is coming aboard. I'm don't think only Milicic and Dubar can replace the production of Knecht/James. Add Tyson and this trio could replace them. We had very little offense off the bench last year at the 3 and 4 and often only had Knecht scoring on a consistent basis. These 3 together I doubt that would be an issue.

I don't know, man. It sure seems like the kids have the majority of leverage. If I'm a top-50 kid and I want to keep my options open, I'm only signing one year deals which allows me the option to renegotiate each year as well as transfer. It seems like the schools need the top-50 high school kids and the top portal players more than the players need the schools. Supply and demand is still at play and there are more P5 schools than there are instant impact players available.
Love free market capitalism.

Reactions: cncchris33
Anyone hearing Okpara to UT? Sorry if posted already. Hearing he's a take.

All signs and people with info say Igor, Okpara, and Lanier(after the draft eval) are Vols. No clue when it will be made public. Hopefully Miss Cleo lets us know soon

Last edited:
Need a bench pg.

We aren't probably going to fill all of our spots so why not get a veteran pg?

Boswell won't be ready
I see your point, but if Boswell doesn't play next year he'll be in the portal after the season. Just how it works. We recruited the kid gotta give him a chance. We know ZZ can go 40 minutes a game if he has to.

Makes one ask why professional athletes agree to contracts for more than one year since the professional teams need the best players to be successful, same as college teams?

VN Store

Back