2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Yes, that’s Igor. Several of the Charlotte players wore a jacket like that from time to time. I’m thinking it had something to do with NIL, but just guessing on that. The Charlotte NASCAR speedway is just a few miles away from the Charlotte campus.
The Nascar Hall of Fame is also in Charlotte.

Reactions: Orange.
It’s a good point, although a lot of players who enter are of the caliber (and likely think very highly of themselves) that they’re not too worried about finding a spot.
Don’t know how accurate, but I know I have heard some BIG numbers of folks going in and not landing. Really high profile guys not at much risk, but trying to leverage more NIL at current school goes away.

You could do NIL multi-year contract without the nasty part of unionization, CB and university employee.

Sign an NIL deal that owns your rights for 3 years and you can only get paid if you do it at University x. You can only void contract via mutual agreement. Of course that kind of contract would require NCAA to get their head out of their ASCII.
But the alternative is to sign a one year NIL deal at another school and renegotiate a year later. Why lock in for 3 years when you can transfer a year later to the highest bidder? Plus in order for the schools to be involved, the NCAA has to allow the schools and collective to work in conjunction and make it a true pay for play situation instead of the farce it currently is where it is pay for play, but we all just pretend it isn't.

Is Milicic waiting to see what Tyson does? Maybe he's ok with Dubar, but not Dubar and Tyson. And if Tyson waits too long is there a chance Milicic gets antsy and we lose him - and then still lose Tyson?

But the alternative is to sign a one year NIL deal at another school and renegotiate a year later. Why lock in for 3 years when you can transfer a year later to the highest bidder? Plus in order for the schools to be involved, the NCAA has to allow the schools and collective to work in conjunction and make it a true pay for play situation instead of the farce it currently is where it is pay for play, but we all just pretend it isn't.
I don’t think there’s anymore pretending. It’s pay for play for sure and transfer when you like if somebody waves $100 more in front of you.

SIAP but both Seth Trimble and RJ Davis are officially coming back. Wouldn’t be shocked if Ingram eventually withdraws from the draft, too. But who knows. Either way, can’t imagine Tyson is going to have an easy path to playing time at UNC.

But that potential depth chart at UT.....

But that potential depth chart at UT.....

He’s going to have to fight for playing time regardless. Just whether or not he wants to do it at UNC or Tennessee. UNC is also bringing in two 5-star freshmen, but I’m not entirely sure how that will impact Tyson. I don’t know much about them.

Need a bench pg.

We aren't probably going to fill all of our spots so why not get a veteran pg?

Boswell won't be ready
Really, what veteran PG will come to UT to sit behind ZZ and get what....5-10 min per game if he's lucky? Nah. Wishful thinking at best. I would have loved Mack to come in with ZZ for one year then he assumes the role next season. Didn't happen.

Really, what veteran PG will come to UT to sit behind ZZ and get what....5-10 min per game if he's lucky? Nah. Wishful thinking at best. I would have loved Mack to come in with ZZ for one year then he assumes the role next season. Didn't happen.

This guy lol

Couldn't start at Mercer but did good at Mississippi state valley two years ago

He’s going to have to fight for playing time regardless. Just whether or not he wants to do it at UNC or Tennessee. UNC is also bringing in two 5-star freshmen, but I’m not entirely sure how that will impact Tyson. I don’t know much about them.
I was being sarcastic. Igor plays a different position. Dubar and Carr are his likely competition. I'd have to think his situation at UT would look rather good in comparison to UNC. Pretty sure they're stocked with 4 and 5 star talent everywhere.

One is a 2-3 the other is a stretch 4 so I want both if we can get them

Heard Igor was more of a sketchy shooter. He can drain them and then hit a rough patch. Not sure I feel about that but if he wants to be a vol than by all means I'd love to have him.

I hust hope it's not going to feel like that year when Grant and Admiral left, we had no inside game.

I was being sarcastic. Igor plays a different position. Dubar and Carr are his likely competition. I'd have to think his situation at UT would look rather good in comparison to UNC. Pretty sure they're stocked with 4 and 5 star talent everywhere.

I think he's much more likely to get a shot at Tennessee.

We have always had a scoring problem and he can come in and solve that for us

Term of contract is negotiable. Done all the time in business. Kids you’re not sure about 2 years. Kids you feel ala Nico you believe in gets 4. 1 year deal as you suggest is x, 2 year maybe 1.3x, 3 year, 1.5x, 4 year 2x.

It is how business negotiation is done every day. This is a business. Kid doesn’t just control everything in a contract negotiation.

Heard Igor was more of a sketchy shooter. He can drain them and then hit a rough patch. Not sure I feel about that but if he wants to be a vol than by all means I'd love to have him.

I hust hope it's not going to feel like that year when Grant and Admiral left, we had no inside game.
Sounds like he will fit right in with the play of the teams in last two years except DK….

Reactions: VOLED
I’ve seen Cade play 2-3 in college?

If he played the 2 at Belmont, that’s interesting. Did not know that. But he likely isn’t playing the 2 more than situationally here. We would put him at the 3/4 for the vast majority of his time on the floor. He most likely projects to a 3 at the next level. But he would definitely split some time at the 4 with Dubar/Igor in certain lineups.

VN Store

Back