2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Talk about a **** take. He was an 18 minutes guy off the bench this year. He's only going to get better too.
He played way too many minutes this past season because of the scoring inefficiencies the team had. Ideally, Mashack should've had most of his minutes. I don't see the potential you do, apparently.

I was thinking the same situation with Felix Okpara at OSU, they are bringing in Bradshaw from UK.

Not a name that’s going to light the world, but has potential. We also recruited him out of HS.

He said was returning to OSU, but that was before they got Bradshaw
Hmmm...that may not be an awful guess at BTO's mystery man.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
He played way too many minutes this past season because of the scoring inefficiencies the team had. Ideally, Mashack should've had most of his minutes. I don't see the potential you do, apparently.

I'm not comparing him to anyone else on the team. You mentioned team chemistry and left only 1 player off the list...who played more minutes than JP and Cade.

Team Chemistry is the discussion and Gainey is a part of that.

Fielding a quality roster at Tennessee under Barnes hasn't been difficult. However, there's a big difference between a Top 25 team with probably a second weekend ceiling and a top 5-10 team with Final Four aspirations. I think after last season, most would expect the latter.
We had the season we had this year because of a generational player. It isn’t realistic to expect to be in FF contention every year.

Man...what is up at Duke?

Mitchell (So), Reeves (So), Blakes (Jr), Schutt (So), Roach (Sr), Stewart (Fr), and Power (Fr) all leaving
Moving pieces to build next years roster around Flagg and Maluach. None of the departures are surprises for them.

We had the season we had this year because of a generational player. It isn’t realistic to expect to be in FF contention every year.
Agreed, Knecht was the catalyst. Obviously, If you do your job in the portal, no reason you can't replicate the end result. Since the end of the season, we've been talking about landing a collection of guys that can make up the production lost with DK. I just can't get behind the idea that we are to be okay with a drop off.

Reactions: LtDansLegs
Moving pieces to build next years roster around Flagg and Maluach. None of the departures are surprises for them.

So...they were expecting to lose 4 starters?

Proctor & Foster are the only 2 players returning now that have started a game.

Seems we always hear about other teams offering more money. Aidoo left for more money. Awaka has a chance at more money. So-and-so picked some school because they were offered more money.

I didn't say our NIL was non-existent, just that, apparently, we need more money.

And money is a better excuse than they just don't want to play for CRB or Tennessee.
I don’t think either of those are the case. I think coach Barnes and the staff place a value on each player and are willing to pay what the staff thinks the player is worth. Like In football, rarely are they willing to overpay. That’s the way it should be imo.

I don’t think they are scrambling trying to come up with money, they are executing a plan.

Jmo

Edit* evidently the market is forcing them to rethink the values, but I still don’t think they are in panic mode or can’t come up with necessary money. Just having to make adjustments on the fly.

So...they were expecting to lose 4 starters?

Proctor & Foster are the only 2 players returning now that have started a game.
They have always done the Calipari route of depending on 5 star freshman, hasn’t worked since 2017 for them but they keep plugging away

Look... ya'll Duke fans need to GTFO.

They are losing 50% of last year's class, none leaving for the NBA either. They have 1 player from the 2022 class left and only 3 of them left for the NBA.

I mean I get they have the #1 HS class, but this will be the first off-season they've added more than 3 in the portal. That's not normal for Duke. Free tranfers/NIL is impacting their roster turnover more than they probably expected.

Ehhhhh, if he's anything more than a guy that plays 8-10 minutes off the bench then we have bigger problems to worry about.
He played 18+ mpg and Tennessee made it as far as they ever have in the tourney. Wouldn't want him getting some massive role but he's not a bad player and is a good backup guard for a good team

Gainey had 2 huge 3's in that Purdue game that if he didn't make likely gets us run out of the gym in the 2nd half. He's not perfect, but he's an ideal role player who can still improve. I wouldn't want him to start, but he still has significant value as a bench guy, IMO. I was harsh on him early in the season, but he was a solid addition last off-season and we'll need his experience moving forward.

VN Store

Back